Bmac25's MLB "What I Would Do" Series

Bmac

^ I thoroughly agree with this statement. It seems that all of the MLB threads have died down and I have seen a lot more variety (and creativity) as a result, but don't let that be an excuse to be the only rushed-through MLB thread.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am almost finished with the next concept. I will post it when it is complete. But before I post my newest concpet, I want to post my new presentation layout. I put together a new layout and I would like to get some feedback on it before I use it on everything. So I plugged in the Phillies unis I made to see how it would look.

phillies.png

I would love some feedback on the new presentation more than the unis, as I have already posted them.

Finally, I present the next team. The San Francisco Giants! For the Giants, I stuck with the classic look they currently have. I kept the home uniform the same except for the shoulder patch. On the road uniform, I used the fancy San Francisco script as well as orange names and numbers. The first alternate is a sleeveless version of the home jersey, but with a cream colored cap. The second alternate is a black jersey. I used orange names, numbers, and script. On the hat, I used the G logo. I would love to get some feedback on this set.

giants.png

C+C as always!

This is pretty nice. Definitely nothing ground-breaking, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants in this. Still, there are a couple of things I think could be improved upon: First of all, the home alt (vest) looks almost exactly the same as the primary home with the exception of the cap and the vest part, so I don't think there's enough of a distinction there to make it worth it. I'd put the SF logo in black trimmed in orange on the left chest, personally. Also, I've always felt that there are two ways one can go with the Giants identity, but the two can't be combined. IMO, there can be the block Giants wordmark and the block San Francisco wordmark, or there can be the script Giants wordmark and the San Francisco script, but not one of each. That's just my personal opinion, but this concept is still pretty nice. I like the presentation, too.

scotland_fifasig.png

Thanks guys for the feedback. I know this set wasn't too exciting so I wasn't expecting a whole lot of comments. As for the Giants, I have an update. Logocruncher, I considered the new alternate you mentioned and I thought I would try it out. I think it turned out good. With the two different script styles, I see what you are saying and I kind of agree with you, but I prefer the San Francisco script I used.

So here is the update. I put the SF logo on a sleeveless cream jersey with the cream hat. The other unis are pretty much the same, I just touched them up a bit.

giantsv2.png

C+C on the Giants please. I will begin work on the next team.

As requested, I am moving on to the St. Louis Cardinals. Many people think that the Cards have some of the best unis in MLB. I am one of those people. They are very clean and classic. However, there are a few things that bother me. Starting with the STL logo on the cap. It is a great logo, but I think it could be brought to the next level. So, I attempted to do that. I made some minor changes that IMO make it look great. On the S, I made both ends of the S match. Now both ends are a bit sharper. I also made the L sharper. The other thing that bugged me was the colors. Not the colors in general, but the exact colors used compared to the official colors the Cardinals have. For example, on the Cardinals logos, the yellow is very bright, almost neon. Yet the official color is a darker yellow. Same with the red. So I used the official colors on everything, and IMO it looks a ton better. So, here is what I did with the logos.

stlcardslogos.png

Notice both of the "Before" logos are the logos used from sportslogos.net. The "After" logos are what I ended up with after making some minor changes. I would love some feedback on the logos before I post the unis.

I understand making both ends of the S match, but extending the L looks weird with it. In thoery, if you were unifying the letters, you would apply the same treatment to the top of the L as well. Really nothing to say about the recoloring of the logo itsel, you could have atleast updated the eye, beak, feathers, something.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Thanks guys for the feedback. I think the logos are good where they are at right now, so I am going to move on to the unis. I hope to finish them soon and I will post them when I am done. After the Cards, I am probaly going to do the Padres and A's. If anyone would like me to do a specific team, I would be happy to. For now, stay tuned to see what the Cardinals new unis look like!

I have finally finished the Cardinals uniforms! It took a long time and a lot of work but I am finally finished. As I said earlier, IMO the Cardinals have some of the best uniforms in baseball. They are very clean and classic. So I didn't want to stray to far from that idea. Time for specifics.

For all of the uniforms, I used a new striping. Technically it isn't new, it is based off of the 70's and 80's striping. On the home uniform, I used the new STL logo I made on the regular red hat. I used the regular script with the "new" colors. I used a shoulder patch logo that I made a while back. It is the STL logo on a baseball with an outline. For the road uniform, I used a St. Louis script. It is similar to the one on sportslogos.net, but I made it myself so it isn't the same. On the hat, I reversed the colors of the logo. IMO it is easier to see the logo when it is white outlined in red. On the first alternate I made it red with the alternate logo on a red hat. For the second alternate, I made it navy with the St. Louis script. I used a navy hat with a red bill and the alternate logo.

stlcardsunis.png

I also wanted to make some throwback alternates for the Cardinals beacause they have such a rich baseball history with some great uniforms. Basically I made throwback uniforms in the current uniform style. These could be worn on Sundays or they could introduce "Throwback Thursdays" or "Retro Fridays" or something like that.

The first throwback uniform is based off of the uniforms the Cardinals wore from 1971 to 1991. These are some of my favorite throwbacks in baseball. I made the jersey a cream pullover and used the same striping. I used the throwback striping on the socks and belt as well.

The second throwback uniform is based on the uniforms the Cardinals wore from 1940 to 1955. Again, these are some sweet throwbacks. I made it cream colored. I used the same striping as was used back then. The two red stripes coming up the arm. I used the same striping on the socks as they worn back then as well. Finally, the cap is similar to the caps worn during this that time period. Navy hat with a red bill.

stlcardsthrowbacks.png

C+C on the Cardinals set!

Ah lets see. I don't think im a fan of the striping on these, although it looks good on the navy uni. I love the "St. Louis" script on the unis. But I don't like the color swap on the hat. Overall nicely done though.

glossysig5.png

I think this is your best concept so far. I think the striping is vary acceptable in this case. I love both alternates, but I'm not sure the bird would work well on a red hat. I'm not sold on the sleeve patch either. One other thing you should do is leave the stripes on their socks, as it is pretty unique among current MLB teams.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The Cardinals concept is awesome. The balance between navy and red is perfect- not too much either way, and added a sort of fresh new look. I like what you did with the alts, especially the navy one. It looks pretty awesome, as do both of the throwbacks. Ace work here!

scotland_fifasig.png

Moving on to the next team. Perhaps the most classic team in baseball, the New York Yankees! Being such a classic team, I didn't want to change too much. But there are a few new things you will notice. The first thing is the sleeve patch. I put the sleeve patch I made (from "MLB Logo Concepts" a while back) on all of the uniforms. Other than that, minor things are cleaned up a bit, along with the addition of two new alternates.

Starting with the home uniform. The home is basically the same except for two things. First, the regular NY logo that the Yanks wear on their home unis has been replaced. I went with the NY logo from the caps. The other new thing is the sleeve patch. On the road uniform, I didn't change much. I added the sleeve patch, cleaned up the script a bit, and re-did the striping.

I have added two new alternate uniforms for the Yankees. They home alternate is navy with the NY cap logo on the chest. I added the sleeve patch and the striping from the road jersey. I also created a white cap that can be worn with this set. The road alternate is also navy. It features the New York script. I made a gray hat that can be worn on the road. Again, I added a sleeve patch and cleaned up the number.

yankees.png

C+C as always!

The sleeve patch looks wonderful. The only thing that I don't like is the multi hat combination for the alts. The Yankees have the most iconic hat in baseball and I think it'd be suicide not to wear them every game.

I'm glad you like the sleeve patch. As for the hats, the main reason I used them is beacuse I thought they looked good. Also, I was trying to incorperate some of their early histrory. They wore white hats when they began play in 1903 and they last wore them in 1921. Gray hats were worn on and off from 1905 to 1912. So I wanted to bring back a little history. At the same time, I didn't want to get rid of such a classic hat, so I kept the regular hat as another option. I was thinking they would only be worn once in a while, on Sundays or whenever. If you don't care for them, I understand. ;)

Archived