Bmac25's MLB "What I Would Do" Series

Bmac

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And with that, I now have the Phillies set completed! Here is the entire set:

philliesuniset1.png

I'd say use the blue hat with the cream jersey like they have now, but besides that this concept is great. I really like the red alternate. Thats what i envision if they ever decide to have on. The blue on the road looks a little weird but I could get past that.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Now up, the Atlanta Braves! Unfortunately, I don't have much for the Braves. This is because IMO the Braves have some of the best unis in the league. Very cllean and classic. There is really only one change I would make. That is to outline the logo on the hat. I know not everyone is going to like that, but IMO it looks good. And that is what I would do for the Braves. C+C on the set please.

Home

All I really did was outline the logo on the hat.

braveshome2.png

Road

I oultined the logo on the hat and went back to a red bill on the hat.

bravesroad2.png

C+C please. Alternates to come later.

For the first Braves alternate, I did something I have not seen in awhile. I made a pinstriped alternate. It references the old Braves home pinstripes from 1968-1971 and 1976-1979. I always thought it would be cool if the Braves wore the classic pinstripes again. So, here it is as an alternate.

Braves Throwback Alternate

bravesalt1.png

C+C please.

Here are the other alternates for the Braves. Again, I didn't do much here. Just a few minor changes.

Braves Home Alt.

This is really the exact same as the real one. I think it looks good as it is.

bravesalt3.png

Braves Road Alt.

This is almost the same as the real one. I changed the hat logo to match the others and I used a red bill. I also got rid of the navy on navy script and numbers. I used red with a white outline. I think it stands out much more.

bravesalt4.png

And that is what I would do with the Braves. C+C please.

Still looking for some feedback before I move on to the next team. I know the Braves set is a little boring, but I just want to know what you think. Meanwhile, I am working on the next teams. I was planning to finish the NL East, but at this point, that might be delayed. I would love it if you all could vote in my poll "Mets Black". I am using it to figure out what to do for the Mets. As for the Nationals, I am lacking inspiration. <_< I guess I will move on to the NL Central.

The Braves set looks preety nice, I really like that hat even though their current is great as well. The Pinstripe alt. looks preety nice too. The navy alt. would look better if you made the Thomahawk red too, the Red script w/ blue thomhawk doesnt look too good IMO, nice job on the whole set though and great job so far with the series.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I'm considering changing the tomahawk on the Braves navy jersey. Other than that, I guess the Braves are complete. Moving on to the NL Central.

Now up, the Houston Astros!

Home

For the home jersey, I used more brick red. I got rid of the pinstripes. I used the brick red cap. I changed the pants stripe to brick red instead of black. I also used the road version of the sleeve patch rather tham the white version they currently use at home. C+C please.

astroshome.png

I will post the road and alternates later.

I'll give you my very honest C+C on this series, sorry if it sounds harsh. It bores me. You are taking images from sportslogos.net and recoloring them slightly. The fact that I've seen probably 10 concepts from each of the teams you have done (Braves, Marlins, Phillies) in the last 2 months doesn't help. Here is what I would suggest for you to work on:

-Download a paint template, don't use chris' images, and create these concepts from scratch. It would indicate much more effort, really.

-Do something interesting. You have used every team's typeface/wordmarks/logos that they already use. Try bringing in a new font, logo, number placement, etc. Furthermore you have used the exact same colors that each team use currently. Just do something new. Something creative!

-Pick a team that we don't see much. I have seen so many concepts from the NL east in the past month that I want to gouge my eyes out, and they all look very similar. It's not just the NL east, some teams are especially popular, but your choice of concepts in the first 3 attempts in this series are all overworked. So, do a team that no one wants to do. And do something we have never seen. Examples of UNDERworked teams, IMO, are Brewers, Dbacks, Giants, Mariners. It just seems, lately, that everyone has been doing the same stuff.

Creativity is key here, I can't stress that enough. You need to set yourself apart from the other countless mlb threads we have near the top of the forum. Right now you aren't getting many comments, which is frustrating as I'm sure you know, but hopefully I have given you an idea of how you can get more, and put out better concepts at the same time.

ps. don't be afraid to go back and listen to what people say, and makes edits, you have yet to update any of these concepts.

Well, seeing as nobody cares about this series, I am thinking I might just finish it on my own but not post it here. I simply wanted to put together a set for each team that shows how I want the team to look. If nobody really cares what I think, then I just won't post them on this site. However, if anyone does want to see what I would do, just say so and I will continue posting concepts. Now I know that so far, this series has been a little...boring. I understand that, but this is simply how I want the team to look. Some teams later on might look completely different. So, I will continue my series, but I am not going to post anything unless I know somebidy wants to see this series continued.

BTW, elliot, thanks for the help. It is not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I am glad that some one said something. Thanks elliot for telling me what I should work on. I really appreciate that kind of advice from a designer like yourself. And just to let you know, I did download a paint template. It was in the "paint templates" thread in concepts so I used it. I am looking for another template, but I like the one I have been using.

Bump. I will be finished with school in a few days here so once I have some more time on my hands I will start putting together some more concepts. Meanwhile, I am starting to think my Astros set is going to bore people as it isn't all that different. I might just post the new alternate by itself. I am working on some other teams and I will post them when finished. Stay tuned!

My own opinion on all of these league wide concept threads is personally I would prefer that designers take stuff they believe needs an update and spend more time on one concept rather than rattling through 28 or 32 designs. I am looking for quality not quantity. There are loads of great designers around on the boards (I have a lot of respect even for some I have panned in the past!) I think these league redesigning threads don't tend to show people at there best.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived