The Minor League Sports Thread

crashcarson15

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Travis Prince: TPG Likely to Declare Bankruptcy

The Perani Group, owners of the Flint Generals, are likely to declare bankruptcy.

Guess that explains the lack of player/coach/GM signings in Flint.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But...but...Fort Wayne and their shills say the Generals are fine... :rolleyes:

I like how Perani is in Thailand now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Question for Northern League followers:

I know that Lake County is coming into the league next year. But so far, I haven't read anything about an eighth team, and obviously, 7 teams do not a baseball league make. Has there been any talk of an 8th team for the league, or is the plan to shut out Winnipeg, and keep plodding along as a six-team circuit, now with lower travel costs?

I did hear something about that Minnesota team but nothing so far on the news thing... ehhh will see how it goes... but as for shutting out Winnipeg??!?!? WTF are ya talking about?? Better show a link so I can see if that indeed is true..I have been to 5 Goldeyes games this year and have enjoyed the games... I have 1 team left to try to see against the Goldeyes and that is the Kansas City T-Bones!! Hope I can catch that one next week when the KC team comes to Winnipeg....

I know that Lake County is coming into the league next year. But so far, I haven't read anything about an eighth team, and obviously, 7 teams do not a baseball league make. Has there been any talk of an 8th team for the league, or is the plan to shut out Winnipeg, and keep plodding along as a six-team circuit, now with lower travel costs?

What is this Northern League to which you speak of? The one that had the Edmonton Cracker Cats? OHHH, that one. I thought there would be a new team here in the Twin Cities by the name of the Metro Millers(They would've played in Burnsville) but that plan has apparently fallen apart.

OH yeah I was pissed about Edmonton and Calgary leaving the NoL for the GBL but ah oh well they are gone now....

The most likely scenario at this stage is a road team.

Our very own EZ Street is trying to help Topeka land a team in the NoL, so we'll see what really happens. Shutting out Winnipeg is a bad move, since they're still one of the teams keeping that league alive.

However, I have no problem with Winnipeg getting fed up and moving to the Golden League, forming a Canadian Division with Edmonton, Calgary and Victoria. And, judging how the GBL does things, Chico and Tijuana.

Wow really? Winnipeg going to the GBL?? I havent heard anything about this at all....and this is very interesting now....

As for EZ Street trying to help Topeka land a NoL team... I hope he succeed in this and that would be wonderful for sure to see the NoL expand some more... or so!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Winnipeg to the GBL is pure speculation on my part, although I know they are trying to get a team in Saskatoon. If this succeeds, then a fifth Canadian team, Winnipeg, would make perfect sense (Victoria/CGY/EDM/STN/WPG), and allow for a perfect 5-team northern division.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Winnipeg to the GBL is pure speculation on my part, although I know they are trying to get a team in Saskatoon. If this succeeds, then a fifth Canadian team, Winnipeg, would make perfect sense (Victoria/CGY/EDM/STN/WPG), and allow for a perfect 5-team northern division.

Ah I see... something that would be interesting in the days to come.. as for Saskatoon in the GBL?? Wasnt the NoL trying to get Saskatoon to join up to make both Edmonton and Calgary happy a few years ago? I do remember something like that...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Travis Prince: TPG Likely to Declare Bankruptcy

The Perani Group, owners of the Flint Generals, are likely to declare bankruptcy.

Guess that explains the lack of player/coach/GM signings in Flint.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But...but...Fort Wayne and their shills say the Generals are fine... :rolleyes:

I like how Perani is in Thailand now.

and to think we could trust Perani

Ah I see... something that would be interesting in the days to come.. as for Saskatoon in the GBL?? Wasnt the NoL trying to get Saskatoon to join up to make both Edmonton and Calgary happy a few years ago? I do remember something like that...

It might have been planned, but the NoL has/had a fetish for BRANDNEW BALLPARKS!!! for any of their teams. Saskatoon is far from having anything of the sort.

I see the GBL is targeting Kelowna or Kamloops, though, which makes a ton of sense for them. Winnipeg could well be stuck in the NoL, which if it continues is Chicagoland-area expansion habits, isn't long for this world.

Miles Wolff needs to come back.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Old news but the rumor is that Richmond, will have 2 indoor football teams, one in the AIFA & one in the IFL. I think the I will be in just for the fact that their main office is located here. Plus they have an owner waiting while the AIFA doesn't, it will be league owned. I like the IFL's chances better, plus they will want to play in the new complex (if it gets built)

baltimoreravens.png

The AIFA announced their team almost a year ago and the IFL team was about a month ago. I'm not familiar with the area but where would a team play that wasn't in the coliseum?

There hasn't been any news out of the AIFA camp for all those months and the IFL team will be owned by SportsQuest, the people behind the new sports complex in the area, and will move to the new 5,000 seat arena once it's done but they hope to play somewhere this season.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The AIFA announced their team almost a year ago and the IFL team was about a month ago. I'm not familiar with the team but where would a team play that wasn't in the coliseum?

There hasn't been any news out of the AIFA camp for all those months and the IFL team will be owned by SportsQuest, the people behind the new sports complex in the area, and will move to the new 5,000 seat arena once it's done but they hope to play somewhere this season.

yup, same guy who want us to have an ECHL hockey team & a NBDL team as well. I'd say, go for it. Make Richmond a sports town, back to the glory it once had.

Update:

AIFA is going to host the all star game here (even though we don't have a team yet)

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/pr...-222604/281169/

The big news however is, Richmond is expecting an announcement for baseball on Aug 1. The Diamond is getting renovated (bout time). Just in time for the Eastern League to set up shop here

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/pr...-222604/281170/

baltimoreravens.png

• 3 weeks later...

WBBM-AM just reported that the Rockford Riverhawks are jumping from the Frontier League to the Northern League for 2010, joining Lake County to make the NL an 8-team circuit.

If I'm with the McHenry County K-Nines, I'm a bit cheesed right about now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

WBBM-AM just reported that the Rockford Riverhawks are jumping from the Frontier League to the Northern League for 2010, joining Lake County to make the NL an 8-team circuit.

I'll just assume the NoL is going with a "Chicago Division" and a "The Rest Of You" Division. 5 teams to three.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The move has got me wondering if the NoL is also courting the other Chicagoland FL team, the Windy City (Crestwood) Thunderbolts, and if they're considering chucking "the rest of you" and going back down to six teams if they get the Bolts. It seems like the NoL's plan is to downgrade itself from a bus league to a bicycle league.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The move has got me wondering if the NoL is also courting the other Chicagoland FL team, the Windy City (Crestwood) Thunderbolts, and if they're considering chucking "the rest of you" and going back down to six teams if they get the Bolts. It seems like the NoL's plan is to downgrade itself from a bus league to a bicycle league.

Apparently, the owner of the Railcats appeared on Winnipeg radio before a Goldeyes game and mentioned that there'll be 10 teams in 2011, and now that they have 8 for next year, they can be "more selective" (i.e. non-Chicagoland) about expansion teams coming in.

I'd say Topeka's all but a lock for 2011, and who knows who else. Where's EZ? He knows the score.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Apparently, the owner of the Railcats appeared on Winnipeg radio before a Goldeyes game and mentioned that there'll be 10 teams in 2011, and now that they have 8 for next year, they can be "more selective" (i.e. non-Chicagoland) about expansion teams coming in.

I'd say Topeka's all but a lock for 2011, and who knows who else. Where's EZ? He knows the score.

That's encouraging news. Thanks.

Unusual abundance of minor league sports news on WBBM today... The village of Hoffman Estates is reportedly in talks with the NAHL about securing a franchise, as part of the village's efforts to take over management of the superfluous, money-hemorrhaging arena.

• 1 month later...

Are we talking Lake County, Indiana...?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived