White Sox wearing 1959 throwbacks

CubsFanBudMan

Just caught a glimpse on the pregame (and yes, I'm watching the Cubs, too).

And there's this:

Sox honor '59 AL champs with uniforms

EDIT, like these (wonder if they'll wear the "WS" socks):

al_1959_chicago.gif

EDIT 2: They just showed the first pitches and either some of the older guys brought their own uni from 1959 or there were differences, because some were off-white.

Should be a good looking game. The White Sox absolutely need to re-introduce red to their scheme. Hopefully the "throwbacks" will include the raglan sleeves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sadly, no white stirrups but there are raglan sleeves!

92b63e1f-02ae-40e2-b26e-e0056c81f1ec.jpg

679fba35-9100-445e-87ea-cc7437d52eeb.jpg

Those are such a disappointment. Back in '05, the Sox wore '59 throwbacks when the Dodgers came to town, and they were the most spot-on throwbacks I've ever seen:

19798903page1image0001a.jpg

...for a team that did such a great job a few years ago, these are a travishamockery. Let's see...incorrect font, wrong socks, hell, the jerseys are the wrong damn color.

In all fairness, the "real feel" yesterday was over 100 in Chicago. Perhaps that is why the team wasn't wearing wool/flannel jerseys.

Now that I defended the material, the numbers and socks bothered me too, but goodness knows, 90% of the stadium didn't notice...

Now that I defended the material, the numbers and socks bothered me too, but goodness knows, 90% of the stadium didn't notice...

50% was empty, 35% didn't notice, 10% did notice, and 5% booed the Cubs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

50% was empty, 35% didn't notice, 10% did notice, and 5% booed the Cubs.

Well done.

330zl3b.png

Archived