College Football Concepts

bigmike

Well I haven't done any football concepts in a while but after I started working on cuts and playing around on teambuilder, I was wanting to do one. I have been thinking about doing a Florida one for a while now as well. I've done 2 Florida Concepts before, the first one was the current Away striping on every jersey. The Second one was basically a recolored updated version of their old throwback which had a triple striping layout on the shoulders, and I had used that striping for about 3 other teams so I needed to go with something different. I decided to use a striping that matches the current Home jersey's sleeves, an then fuse two styles together. I used the Nike Enforcer Cut since it seems to be the new cut for nike jerseys, but I used the shoulder/sleeve striping that San Diego State currently wears. I've covered alot already but I'll go ahead and cover the rest with the concepts.

#1 Florida Gators

Logo Sheet: The Primary Logo is the gator head but I cleaned it up a bit, just some obvious changes such as the outline and I even dulled the green color some. The Secondary Logo is UF from the basketball script, I took the gator and the florida silloute from the old UF logo and put it inside the new UF logo, not sure if anyone will like it, but I was trying to update the old with new. The only place the UF logo actually appears is on the collar, the UF Helmet logo is filled in.

LogoSheet-2.png

Uniforms For the Uniforms I used 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, and 3 pants. I thought about making a third helmet to make them the Oregon Ducks of the SEC :P but I decided against it. There is a Orange Helmet with the Gator head, and a White helmet with the UF logo on it. The Jerseys have a new number font as well, the numbers are from the basketball uniforms, gotta give credit to LEWJ for making them. I added an orange jersey as well which I always do for my Florida concepts, I also made all the stripes match on the helmets, jerseys, and pants. They are just colored differently on different background. I will show all the options later in the presentation but the ones I'm about to show are the main options for each set.

Home Uniform:

HomeUniform-2.png

Away Uniform:

AwayUniform-2.png

Alternate Home Uniform:

AltHomeUniform-1.png

...and the action shots, showing 8 combinations that I would have them wear, oh and that is a brand new Tim Tebow action template! I will be more then happy to release it if people would like but it's not the best paint friendly template even though I just used paint and paint.NET.

Home Action

TebowActionHomeUniforms.png

Away Action

TebowActionAwayUniforms.png

Well that's all, I may try and do some more College Football Concepts or I may return to my MLB thread, not sure yet.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I really like this.

I like what they wear now, but I think this is as good, maybe better.

Only thing I'm iffy about is the secondary, I don't know how well it works.

But good job anyhow.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Clean, consistent, retro (but with modern touches)--I like.

My only concern is the gator-head logo on the orange helmet. It looks strange, as there is no green anywhere else in the concept. I'd try the UF logo, or maybe a Gators wordmark in the modern font.

Also, with the cool striping, why not stripe the socks as well?

Well I haven't done any football concepts in a while but after I started working on cuts and playing around on teambuilder, I was wanting to do one. I have been thinking about doing a Florida one for a while now as well. I've done 2 Florida Concepts before, the first one was the current Away striping on every jersey. The Second one was basically a recolored updated version of their old throwback which had a triple striping layout on the shoulders, and I had used that striping for about 3 other teams so I needed to go with something different. I decided to use a striping that matches the current Home jersey's sleeves, an then fuse two styles together. I used the Nike Enforcer Cut since it seems to be the new cut for nike jerseys, but I used the shoulder/sleeve striping that San Diego State currently wears. I've covered alot already but I'll go ahead and cover the rest with the concepts.

Logo Sheet: The Primary Logo is the gator head but I cleaned it up a bit, just some obvious changes such as the outline and I even dulled the green color some. The Secondary Logo is UF from the basketball script, I took the gator and the florida silloute from the old UF logo and put it inside the new UF logo, not sure if anyone will like it, but I was trying to update the old with new. The only place the UF logo actually appears is on the collar, the UF Helmet logo is filled in.

LogoSheet-2.png

Uniforms For the Uniforms I used 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, and 3 pants. I thought about making a third helmet to make them the Oregon Ducks of the SEC :P but I decided against it. There is a Orange Helmet with the Gator head, and a White helmet with the UF logo on it. The Jerseys have a new number font as well, the numbers are from the basketball uniforms, gotta give credit to LEWJ for making them. I added an orange jersey as well which I always do for my Florida concepts, I also made all the stripes match on the helmets, jerseys, and pants. They are just colored differently on different background. I will show all the options later in the presentation but the ones I'm about to show are the main options for each set.

Home Uniform:

HomeUniform-2.png

Away Uniform:

AwayUniform-2.png

Alternate Home Uniform:

AltHomeUniform-1.png

...and the action shots, showing 8 combinations that I would have them wear, oh and that is a brand new Tim Tebow action template! I will be more then happy to release it if people would like but it's not the best paint friendly template even though I just used paint and paint.NET.

Home Action

TebowActionHomeUniforms.png

Away Action

TebowActionAwayUniforms.png

Well that's all, I may try and do some more College Football Concepts or I may return to my MLB thread, not sure yet.

I like most of what you've done here, although I would have liked to see the Gators script they use just now tidied up as I think it's one of the messiest scripts in all of sports and could really use a clean up, and that's coming from someone who kinda follows them (not a huge college ball fan as it's hard to get college games over here) but I have friends who are alumni of UF so follow them when I can.

You were right I'm not a fan of the UF logo, combining the two was a decent idea in theory but in practice it's just not working. Tho old logo is getting cut up to much by the negative space in and between the letters and the result is it's almost indistinguishable.

I like the two different helmets you done, I cant really see them going for the white personally but I dont hate it. But with that said I'm kind of a traditionalist and think a team should just have one helmet style. I cant stand the whole Oregon Ducks one for every day of the week, made from left over carbon fiber comes in various colours approach to football helmets. Purely a personal thing I know but I'd like to see just one helmet for the whole set.

The uni's are simple and classic I like them and not much more to say really. Good work all round.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Thanks for all the comments so far.

Some ideas for the update:

-Use the Filled-in UF logo

-Add a Blue Jersey/Orange Pants Combo

-Use the UF logo on the orange helmet? and then use the gator head as pride stickers

If I dont do the last option, I'll just do like Nole said and make the Gator's mouth face foward on both sides. Would love to hear some more thoughts, since Im in a College Football Mood I will probably do another one sometime soon.

I'll give you my opinions as a Gator fan.

-Like the logos

-Too many uniform combinations for an identity.

-Like the number font.

-Don't like the sleeve stripes. They seem too thick to be that high up.

-I'd prefer just an "F" rather than "UF" on the helmets. There aren't any other states that begin with an F, so F should be easily recognized as Florida. I'd like to see that on an orange helmet, with blue jersey and white pants.

-Great template.

Well like I said I'm in a College Football mood so I decided I would go ahead and do another one, I will get a update one Florida up soon but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I wanna do with the orange helmet. I decided to go with Oklahoma, this may turn into a preseason poll concept thread but right now I'm just classifying it as College Football concepts.

#2 Okahoma Sooners

Logo Sheet: Well the logos are very similar to what they have now, I focused on using a Varsity Block text throughout the whole concept so the U has serifs on it and thats really the only difference, the wordmark is like I said a Varsity Block, The Secondary is a "cleaned up" version of the wagon logo, since Cream is an official school color I thought I would incorperate it in the concept as well so the secondary features alot of cream in it.

LogoSheet-3.png

Uniforms: Well there aren't more then 2 combinations in this set, I guess I went from one extreme to the other :P, but I tried to go with more of a classic look here. First off you will notice the Cream Helmet, originally I was just planning to update their throwback set from 2003 (helmets seen here, jerseys seen here) but I decided to add more cream to the uniforms. The pants are cream as well and match the stripe on the helmet, while the uniforms are like the throwbacks except the outer slim stripes on the sleeves are cream and the home jersey features 'Sooners' across it while the away features 'Oklahoma' across it. I tried cream outlines on the wordmark/numbers/nob but that looked really bad on the road.

Home Uniform

HomeUniform-1.png

Away Uniform

AwayUniform-1.png

and now to the action shots....Bradford looks alot like Tebow except he's right handed :P

ActionShots.png

well the cream may have been a risk but when I saw it as an official color on the oklahoma website I decided to give it a shot.

EDIT- I just realized I forgot the nike logo, but if I make an update I will include it.

I think for OU you should either go all white or all cream.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As a OU grad, not sure how I feel about the cream, even though I know we are suppose to be the crimson and cream. The crimson looks a little off, also not sure how I feel about the thickness of the middle stripe on the sleeves. Good work on the presentation though.

I used the official colors off of their website, I like the idea of just using cream over white but should I keep the white jersey or make it cream? Anyways Thanks for the thoughts so far, I'll try to get an update on both tommarow but wouldnt mind hearing some more thoughts.

I like your Gators concept, but not the helmets. I think the script GATORS on the helmet is one of the unique helmets in the sport. Putting a logo on the helmet takes away from that a bit. Other than that, I think your concept is cool. I despise the Nike UF font, but you did a good job modernizing it on your secondary logo with that touch of the retro "UF."

Oklahoma...I'm not feeling the cream. It looks really good on the schooner logo, but not so much on the uniforms. It seems out of place. I like the striping on your OU jerseys, though.

spikes.jpg

• 2 months later...

Okay so it seems like it has been forever since I have posted any concepts but I have gotten in the mood to making some College Football ones again. I'm probably going to make an update to Oklahoma tonight with out any cream on the uniforms. I also am planning on doing an Oregon Concept after this one. I have been using the new Nike Enforcer cut and I have just thought of some ideas I can do with it so that's why you will see it in the next 2 concepts. This concept however is very classic looking or at least that's what I was going for, I watched Clemson last night and I loved the pants they were wearing, I noticed they have switched to those for this season on the College Football preview and I thought they need some jerseys that actually match them. So that's what I did, I decided to not use stripes on the jerseys anywear but on the collar and cuffs. Then to give the Jersey some life I added the Clemson wordmark, it's modified just a bit, I went in and made the paw a little bit smaller on it. It's not a big drastic flashy change but it's what I think would look good for Clemson. Also 9 different Uniform Combos!

#3 Clemson Tigers

Home Uniform

HomeUniform-3.png

Away Uniform

AwayUniform-3.png

Alternate Uniform

AlternateUniform.png

Action Shots (Home and Alternate Set)

HomeActionSet.png

Action Shots (Away Set)

AwayActionSet.png

Archived