**It's Back** College Football Uniform Overhaul

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if these are updates put the logo on the bc helmet

How do you define update? I know it basically implies catch up with the times...but let's not be too strict and interpret that as having to have a logo on a helmet. I mean, my BC concept is more of a blast from the past.

the white UM uniform is nice. However, UM should NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER have a black uniform. Their official colors are green, white, and orange. Black is NOT one of them. (For that matter, the silver number looks just as bad...)

now that's the reaction is expected haha, but that is why I put the black one last. I figured, hey the basketball team wears black...why not the football team? definitely not sharp enough to be a primary jersey...

however, in my taste, it is fun to see teams wear something different.

respect your opinion though, im always in the minority. thanks for the feedback

Might I add, however, that all the other sets in the UM set are absolutely wonderful. I've just never liked teams wearing black just for the sake of wearing black. That's like... imagine the Yankees all of a sudden busting out with a purple jersey. It's a similar thing.

not really because black is just an absence of color and i believe it wouldnt be that odd if alot of teams had a black alt even if its not in their team colors

This whole series has been very good. I really like the Arkansas set. Way better than their current mess. And for Miami i'd continue the striping onto the pants.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

West Virginia

Alright, post #3 for the day! After a week of golf and an Athens trip, some time off here at my cabin has equaled plenty of free time to catch up with my series. I have gotten a little carried away today...here comes my 3rd concept.

I never really liked WVU's latest template, or the one before that to be honest. The new one: the jerseys are too busy. The Broncos style one just made for some really annoying side panels that made watching WVU hard to watch on TV.

This concept is a simplified WVU, without losing the character. I kept the unique numerals and that italicized font. I also wanted to ditch the white pants.

Nothing special, but hopefully an undeniable look.

home-3.png

home2-1.png

road-3.png

TCU

For TCU I just wanted to make a few changes. I really do not like how they combine black pants with the purple helmets and jerseys, and the purple pants with the black jerseys. I also, while they do have a unique look, do not like the diamond pattern on the sleeves of the jersey. Their uniforms look just a tad outdated. I wanted to also remove the horned frog, because while it is their mascot, it looks absolutely hideous! Result; a more simple helmet, stricter combinations, and a modernized jersey.

White pants implied to go with all three uniforms, purple pants with white and purple jerseys only.

home-4.png

home2-2.png

road-4.png

North Carolina State

NC State went from having Atlanta Falcon copies to really bland uniforms that are even made worse with that bulky chest logo. The NCS logo also just doesnt look good in my mind with all of that black. I redesigned the NCS logo to fit more into my scheme of things...it looks a bit more timeless. The primary logo is implied to be that awesome wolfpack logo... so I went ahead and traced that to use as the logo on my concepts...however, decided it really isnt a good logo to go on a uniform.

The uniform is strictly red and white, however is hopefully very removed from the boring look they had this past year. Hope you like!

home-5.png

road-5.png

North Carolina State

NC State went from having Atlanta Falcon copies to really bland uniforms that are even made worse with that bulky chest logo. The NCS logo also just doesnt look good in my mind with all of that black. I redesigned the NCS logo to fit more into my scheme of things...it looks a bit more timeless. The primary logo is implied to be that awesome wolfpack logo... so I went ahead and traced that to use as the logo on my concepts...however, decided it really isnt a good logo to go on a uniform.

The uniform is strictly red and white, however is hopefully very removed from the boring look they had this past year. Hope you like!

home-5.png

road-5.png

I'm really liking what you are doing with this set. My only gripe is in the side detail. Why is it curved? Is that to reflect the template or is it an aspect of the design?

North Carolina State

home-5.png

road-5.png

I'm really liking what you are doing with this set. My only gripe is in the side detail. Why is it curved? Is that to reflect the template or is it an aspect of the design?

Basically to reflect the template

Archived