**It's Back** College Football Uniform Overhaul

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iowa

Iowa has an amazing looking uniform, there is just one problem: they look exactly like the Pitt Steelers. So, easy fix here, I went with the same overall appealing look...but switched stuff up a bit so that they do not look exactly like the Steelers. I also really dig that newer Hawkeye logo, so I decided to use it, ignoring the fact that I can honestly say I have no idea whether that is a legitimate logo or not.

homeuniform-7.png

awayuniform-2.png

Iowa

Iowa has an amazing looking uniform, there is just one problem: they look exactly like the Pitt Steelers. So, easy fix here, I went with the same overall appealing look...but switched stuff up a bit so that they do not look exactly like the Steelers. I also really dig that newer Hawkeye logo, so I decided to use it, ignoring the fact that I can honestly say I have no idea whether that is a legitimate logo or not.

homeuniform-7.png

awayuniform-2.png

Very nicely done. Good job.

A little bit more comments on recent designs would be nice, but anyways here is #12 of the series.

Indiana

Indiana was a toughy for me. They have done what they could I guess to stay away from looking like Oklahoma with crimson facemasks and pants, but that just made their uniforms ugly. I wanted to give them that crimson helmet, crimson jersey, white pants look without it looking like an OU clone. So, I figured, why not add black? They used black in the late 1990's...they just used it wrong! I used black as trim and gave them a classic striping style. Mainly, my goal was to add black but keep a classic looking uniform...because Indiana and modernized uniforms just do not go together.

homeuniform-8.png

roaduniform-6.png

A little bit more comments on recent designs would be nice, but anyways here is #12 of the series.

Indiana

Indiana was a toughy for me. They have done what they could I guess to stay away from looking like Oklahoma with crimson facemasks and pants, but that just made their uniforms ugly. I wanted to give them that crimson helmet, crimson jersey, white pants look without it looking like an OU clone. So, I figured, why not add black? They used black in the late 1990's...they just used it wrong! I used black as trim and gave them a classic striping style. Mainly, my goal was to add black but keep a classic looking uniform...because Indiana and modernized uniforms just do not go together.

homeuniform-8.png

roaduniform-6.png

looks alot like ohio state

UCF - an upgrade of what they have now (couldnt be any worse) but i dont like the Knight head logo. i think their Pegasus logo would look great on a helmet or keep the "ucf" thats there now. gold jerseys i cant stand, but these dont seem too bad. if the shoulders were black, i would like it much more (like your alternate jersey). i think the alternate should be a black jersey. UCF has a black out day where all the students wear black shirts, so i think the team needs them too

IU - like the guy above me said, they look like Ohio St, so i would change it up a bit. maybe remove the black

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Indiana's colors are crimson and cream. You've got WAAAAAY too much white in there. I think you should remove it. :P

How come no one ever complains about the use of extraneous white where it doesn't belong?

Anyway, maybe take the design more toward the basketball identity a little and see how that works for you. Like simpler, a bit Alabama-ish.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Iowa State's are nice but I liked the cardinal in the logo. But they're an improvement to what they have now. I like how Iowa's is similar to what they have but changes it enough to not be a Steelers look-a-like. And I'm not a fan of the IU concept. I wouldn't use that striping because its too close to Ohio state.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Troy

What I hate about Troy is the odd shaded striping they use and the monochrome look. There is no point in making stripes shaded darker on one side...you are not fooling anyone. I wanted to give their jerseys some character as well, considering their template is pretty bland. I just used some Troy-esque striping, minus the shaded stuff, and some new shoulder stripes that keep up Troy's recent style without getting too ridiculous. I also used silver pants and a silver helmet to tone down on the monochrome. Plus, does a silver helmet not make sense when you are talking about Trojans? I even tried to pull off a sublimated armor pattern on the shoulders...kind of like the stuff I did with temple, but I was questioning it a bit and left it off.

homeuniform-9.png

roaduniform-7.png

Archived