**It's Back** College Football Uniform Overhaul

Brave-Bird 08

well, in my defense, the Cleveland Browns have the one colored numerals in the same color scheme...and I always have liked their jerseys...so I used that as my inspiration here.

But, I understand if yall do not feel that way.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. I was just saying that in terms of Bowling Green, it looked somewhat odd to me. However, since Bowling Green has modeled their unis from the Cleveland Browns for the longest time (even though it was the Browns who adopted Bowling Green's colors as their own), I can see where you are coming from.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On BGSU, there are things I love and things that irk me.

Things I love:

A) The numeral font. FANTASTIC! Very original

B ) The helmet. That BG thing looks ugly. Why they don't sport this in real life is beyond me.

Things I don't like

A) The striping on the pants come to a point, whereas they don't on the shoulders. I agree with the other person and make the stripes come to a point in the front.

B ) The brown pants' striping is White/Orange/White, whereas on the brown shirt, it's Orange/White/Orange. Keep it consistent.

C) The brown jersey's numerals are non-outlined, but they have an orange outline on the white jersey. I'd put an orange outline on the numerals on the brown jersey.

D) The numeral font doesn't really match the "Bowling Green" wordmark's font. I'd match the two somehow.

Overall: A. Those nit-picky things keep it from being perfect

P.S.: "B )" is typed like that to avoid a smiley coming up.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I think it would go a long way to base the numbers on the currently existing Bowling Green wordmark.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think it would go a long way to base the numbers on the currently existing Bowling Green wordmark.

At least as far back as 2007, the road numerals did match the wordmark font.

2554437683_d976501a03_b.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

SMU

Alright, back in the business with SMU. I liked what SMU had going a few years ago, but the stuff they wore last year was just proof that some things that looked good "back then" do not look good on modern fit uniforms. There is an excess of stripes, and it just looks outdated. I am a fan of modern style uniforms; It baffles me how some people immediately discard a concept because it is too out there...well I'm not afraid of that reaction.

My concept is what I want to think an "enhanced" version of what they tried to pull off a few years back. Not the same thing, but a similar modern look with white piping. The thing is I kept the white/blue/white look for home, brought back their helmet from a few years ago back as a second shell, added blue pants to the mix...and a red jersey/conforming pants as a third set.

Everything is interchangable except the red jersey and pants...those are set to be stricly worn together.

A little bit of my modern taste right here.

homeuniform-3.png

roaduniform2-2.png

roaduniform-4.png

Hope you guys like! also, I would not mind a few comments on my Temple set... I did not get alot of hits on it. Thanks, FIU is next.

It looks nice, but I seriously doubt a team would have 2 different whites pants. Keep in mind that pants cost money to make, but you can't make any profit off the sales of the pants. Although nike has proven that they like to make a lot of pants, SMU isn't Oregon, and since you can't mix and match these pants like Oregon can, it would be smarter to change up the panels so you have only one pair of white bottoms. Also, I like the blue helmet much more than the white.

Echoing what elliott said, on the red jersey, you could cut off the blue side panel at the torso, near the pants, and have it be red, resulting in seamless transition and one pair of white pants... what you may want to consider, since you said the red jersey and pants are to be worn strictly together (presumably as an alternate) is pairing the red jerseys with red pants-- perhaps for a "red out" event or something.

Anyway I like the design. I've always liked segmented collars and it works here.

Echoing what elliott said, on the red jersey, you could cut off the blue side panel at the torso, near the pants, and have it be red, resulting in seamless transition and one pair of white pants... what you may want to consider, since you said the red jersey and pants are to be worn strictly together (presumably as an alternate) is pairing the red jerseys with red pants-- perhaps for a "red out" event or something.

Anyway I like the design. I've always liked segmented collars and it works here.

My original red jersey set featured red pants...which of course with a blue side panel worked... and I dropped it because it reminded me wayyy too much of the Texans uniforms...the ones everyone hates...haha

And yeah, I also fiddled with cutting off the side panel on the red jersey...kind of VT style, but I didnt quite know how people would feel about the inconsistency in the design. All C's and C's well appreciated tho!

I saw you wanted some C+C for Temple. Honestly it just feels as though you've tried to do too much. For one thing, there is consistent modern striping on the jerseys and pants, but also the zig-zaggy type stuff near the cuffs and collar. So I'd recommend going for one or the other as the main motif for the uniform. I'm somewhat neutral on the numbers... I appreciate the creativity, and it's always nice to see something beyond standard block, but it is somewhat cartoony. I'd make them larger and drop the drop shadow (haha). I feel like with the interesting striping on the uniform, the helmet stripes could be something similar, different from standard "thin-thick-thin" striping, and I think the full owl should be on the helmets.

FIU

Okay, I know...two helmets again. I wanted to go really big with this one, because FIU really does not have boundaries when it comes to uniform design...and I did not originally have them on my list, so I figured this could be a concept I really toy with.

I knew that being the "Golden Panthers", and being blue and gold, that if I was too conservative my concept would end up looking like a Pitt concept...not an FIU concept.

So, the result is a very modernized template... I had no idea who to choose as a provider, so I picked UA since they are pretty unconventional. Definitely wanted to keep block numbers, along with the block font. The head logo is something new I made, and yes the helmet logo is very LSU/UAB ish... but it is still a similar style to what they had on last years helmet, so I figured I had the freedom to do that.

Took me some guts to post this, I would never mind seeing it on the field, but I know alot of CCSL'ers are picky. Anyways, this was probably the second most enjoyable concept to peice together...second to Temple. I'm crossing my fingers.

homeuniform-4.png

awayuniform.png

awayuniform2.png

Idaho: A very nice, modern jersey which looks very good. Also, the new logo looks good. Maybe adding a gold outline on the side panels on the road could make this better. An overall A-

Eastern Michigan: The eagle looks a little funky, but I don't know how to make it better. The jerseys do look a bit like Michigan State, maybe a little black or silver could help in the jersey design. An overall B

Kent State: New logo is good, maybe try another number font for the numbers. An overall A.

Temple: Number font is great, maybe lose the triangles though, two different ideas going on. An overall A-.

Wyoming: Nothing going against the concept here. An overall A+.

Bowling Green: Just continue the pants stripes all of the way down, and modify the number font a little more (to look like the wordmark more) and this concept is nearly flawless. An overall A- right now.

Southern Methodist: Go with a monochromatic look for all of the jerseys and this is a winner in my book. Overall B+

Florida International: Stick with just the gold helmet and add more "stripes" to the pants so they match the jersey. If you do this, it'll be one of the best jersey concepts I've seen on these boards. Overall A.

6fQjS3M.png

for my former school, FIU, I love it. I agree with the previous poster inasmuch as adding more stripes on the pants to match the jerseys. The helmet could also use a stripe or three on it as well, just to keep the continuity of the jersey stripes. I'd like to see a gold alt too. That'd be neat. Other than that, WAY WAY better than what they have now. It sticks with modern, but the stripes actually make sense.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Excellent FIU design... probably the best so far. Striping is wonderful, it's decidedly modern but still fairly simple and classic. I agree with adding another contrasting-color stripe to the pants to complete the look. Otherwise I would consider going back to the full panther logo as the head alone isn't very strong in my opinion. Looking forward to the Golden Knights.

UCF

UCF was hard for me, for two reasons. One, I love their white helmet. Two, I absolutely hate their jerseys and pants. Okay, a third problem, I do not think a white helmet goes with the team identity as well as a gold one. My biggest noggin thumper during this process was figuring out what the color bases would be for everything. I also wanted to give them a unique modern design...one that nobody else has...rather than the rubbish (no, im not british, im 100% southern but love the word) they wear now. Biggest notables include knight head as the helmet logo, streamlined shoulder and pants design, and a switcharoo to Nike. (I've done alot more provider switches than I anticipated...I know it is uncommon for teams to do that, but I figured it helps with the legitimacy of the designs...as they are isolated football concepts.)

homeuniform-5.png

homeuniform2-4.png

roaduniform-5.png

Iowa State

I went back to the old blue gold and red color scheme and used a variation of the older logo-minus the cardinal. I always thought Iowa State had a unique color scheme but just failed to pull it off. I went with a very modernized look, but hopefully it looks better than their USC look a like uniforms and their disgusting uniforms from the early 2000s.

homeuniform-6.png

awayuniform-1.png

From a pure design standpoint it looks good. I think you need to consider, though, the team's name is Cyclones which conveys chaos and a lot of energy, while your stripes right now are a bit flaccid. I think the design would better convey the identity by making the stripes a bit more energetic, if that makes sense.

Archived