**It's Back** College Football Uniform Overhaul

Brave-Bird 08

Virginia Tech

Almost there. VA Tech is second to last. For Virginia Tech, I would love to see those throwback uniforms become a regular thing...but, I did not want to go in that direction for my concept. I've seen plenty of VT concepts and they all do the same thing. So, I wanted to somehow make the style they have now more presentable.

I simplified the jersey by giving it just a sleeve design rather than those monster side panels. I also wanted some part of the sleeve design to actually echo the shoulder stripe, so that is what the orange part really is designed to look like. I wanted to keep their numbers, because originality always appeals to me. I also altered the helmet logo a tad... it has 2 strokes instead of 3 (white/orange) instead of (white/maroon/orange) I also decided VT looks terrible with orange jerseys...so even though I mocked one up I left it in the closet.

home-14.png

road-14.png

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent State

Kent State was a no brainer for me. Their current bird/lightning bolt logo just bothers the heck out of me. They are the "Golden Flashes". With that in mind I gave them a more suitable primary logo, and eliminated the bird logo from the helmet. Their current jerseys just do not make a lick of sense...they have the strangest piping. I went for a very simple but characteristic design...much like the one that Cal uses. This concept may remind some of you of the Golden Bears, but the detail is supposed to be as "Flashy" as possible.

As Elliot pointed out, sometimes the outfitter will not quite match up with the template...that is a flaw in me not really knowing that much about template tendencies...but, I will try to be a tad more consistent in the following concepts (for this one I just used Nike, b/c NB might as well not outfit anyone...so Nike, just for kicks!)

homeuniform.png

homeuniform2-1.png

roaduniform.png

again, the pants and jerseys are meant to be interchangable.

Really not much flash to this. The removal of "Flash" the mascot sends this down the wrong road to me as an alum. The numbers are boring. I would have put some zap to them. Pants are nice and the sleeves look good too.

Hey, I don't know why you didn't get any comments, but the striping/piping on Virginia Tech looks wonderful! You really are great at modern designs, they're always unique and interesting without being overly ostentatious which is the trend nowadays.

• 1 month later...

Alright, folks, its back- and here's why. As I stated a few weeks ago, the major storm that hit Atlanta thumped my computer and everything on it. So... i really am finding it difficult to work up motivation to spend my free time redoing something i had already done- my nfl concepts.

Result: I'm going to kick back into my CFB redesigns! But, this time, work on doing tougher teams as opposed to ones that need changes.

I might also even take a crack and transfering the old stuff onto the new template...if i get around to it.

Anyways, here is the mighty 3-3 Georgia Bulldogs! :cursing:

I feel like people are too afraid to mess with Georgia's template when they try doing a concept for them. I was too afraid too...but I forced myself to.

-new Nike template

-moved sleeve numbers BACK to shoulders

-changed pants design (a lot like Kentucky's...but I figure its a great compromise between modernization and keeping the silver britches in tact!)

-added black pants

-black jersey now with silver numbers, names, and logos (same deal with pants)

-new silver helmet (only worn with black jersey and silver pants...and it is relevent, Georgia had grey...silver..whatever...hats back in the day)

Georgiaconcept.png

LOVE LOVE LOVE the gray helmet. I think they should wear those full-time. I like the shoulder numbers surprisingly much. The black pants... eh. I'm undecided, but I think one of the red stripes should be white to be consistent. The pants design, I think I can live with it.

The template looks nice, but the drop shadowing needs to go. Especially in the background. It's inconsistent, way too dark and noticeable, and very distracting.

brave-bird 08----- i like the geogia concept, but i LOVE the template. do you think you could post the template in GIF on this page, it would be awesome!!!! thanks...

yeah. ive done a few variations of it...but i guess it still needs some work as gingerbreadman said.

im gonna make it available for download...with logos (like the ncaa patch, nfl patch, manufactuer logos) and different style templates. definitely this week b/c my fall break is coming up. ill pm you as soon as i get them done

SMU

Alright, back in the business with SMU. I liked what SMU had going a few years ago, but the stuff they wore last year was just proof that some things that looked good "back then" do not look good on modern fit uniforms. There is an excess of stripes, and it just looks outdated. I am a fan of modern style uniforms; It baffles me how some people immediately discard a concept because it is too out there...well I'm not afraid of that reaction.

My concept is what I want to think an "enhanced" version of what they tried to pull off a few years back. Not the same thing, but a similar modern look with white piping. The thing is I kept the white/blue/white look for home, brought back their helmet from a few years ago back as a second shell, added blue pants to the mix...and a red jersey/conforming pants as a third set.

Everything is interchangable except the red jersey and pants...those are set to be stricly worn together.

A little bit of my modern taste right here.

homeuniform-3.png

roaduniform2-2.png

roaduniform-4.png

Hope you guys like! also, I would not mind a few comments on my Temple set... I did not get alot of hits on it. Thanks, FIU is next.

Keep the white helmet ditch the Navy one.....

Alright, folks, its back- and here's why. As I stated a few weeks ago, the major storm that hit Atlanta thumped my computer and everything on it. So... i really am finding it difficult to work up motivation to spend my free time redoing something i had already done- my nfl concepts.

Result: I'm going to kick back into my CFB redesigns! But, this time, work on doing tougher teams as opposed to ones that need changes.

I might also even take a crack and transfering the old stuff onto the new template...if i get around to it.

Anyways, here is the mighty 3-3 Georgia Bulldogs! :cursing:

I feel like people are too afraid to mess with Georgia's template when they try doing a concept for them. I was too afraid too...but I forced myself to.

-new Nike template

-moved sleeve numbers BACK to shoulders

-changed pants design (a lot like Kentucky's...but I figure its a great compromise between modernization and keeping the silver britches in tact!)

-added black pants

-black jersey now with silver numbers, names, and logos (same deal with pants)

-new silver helmet (only worn with black jersey and silver pants...and it is relevent, Georgia had grey...silver..whatever...hats back in the day)

Georgiaconcept.png

Generally when I see people do Georgia concepts I don't like them, but this is great. You kept the traditional pant-striping, but modernized it just slightly as well as the tops. I don't like the silver helmet, it just looks out of place. I also think you should add the red pants, considering they were used more than black pants in the past, before you were to add black pants. I wouldn't mind seeing all three.

Archived