**It's Back** College Football Uniform Overhaul

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid series here.

-FIU-nice overall design and color balance, the shoulders do seem a little overdesigned, though

-UCF-I love this one, at first I was a little iffy about the first gold-black-white combo, but it ends up looking good. The shoulder and pants designs are pretty cool. I'm font of the interlocked UCF mark, but the knight logo works well.

-ISU-don't like this one. I don't think the jersey design would translate well onto the jersey with the piping and the three color patches on each sleeve that are created. I've never really liked this color scheme in AZ Cardinals concepts, and I much prefer the old one here, the jerseys they have now are pretty classic/nice. When you drop the Cardinal from the logo, it just looks off, this team really needs a logo overhaul, some cyclone imagery to go with their simple I logo.

-Iowa-I disagree with your assessment that they have nice looking unis, I hate pro ripoffs, but this concept is top notch. This is one of my favorites so far. I love simplicity and this ends up looking very good, even the new logo. Nike would probably mess this up by adding piping, but none is needed.

-The last two-you've kinda put yourself in a hole with these 2 by having similar color schemes and similar striping patterns. Both striping patterns remind me of Stanford. Indiana needs no black. And like Drew said, Troy's identity focuses on the sword-like striping, it loses it's individuality without it.

But I'm really enjoying this thread. It's good that you embarked on a project for teams that you thought needed redesigning, not a series where most of the teams were already looking good. The two I'm looking forward to are Boise State, because I hate their new unis, and Oklahoma State, because they have an awesome color scheme and a lot of potential to look great if they had no piping.

The different colors on the stripes are meant to look like a sword. That's my favorite part about Troy's unis.

I agree. It is part of our whole identity, which also includes the cardinal helmet. The chancellor of the university wants to emphasize cardinal in the university's identity (which is another reason behind the monochrome look at home)

• 2 weeks later...

South Carolina

And we are back! Next up after a little bit of a break, the SC Gamecocks

I can stand piping, in moderation. Some of under armors templates use a ridiculous amount, and South Carolina sports one of them. The stupid loop under the armpit, along with the insane pants make those one of my least favorite in all of football.

So, my goal here was to give a very unique but clean look for the Gamecocks without doing basically a throwback.

Here is my most unique template yet, as you will tell...it is not a stock template.

I also used the awesome SC script logo on the helmet.

Some major elements include the new jersey template, the new pant logo placements (which are way different than anything you have seen- I even thought about coloring the top segment of the pants? yea? no?)...and of course one of my favorite things to do- two helmets!! the second helmet gives for a "blackout" uniform. Hope the SC fans appreciate the work of a Dawg :) and of course...everything is once again interchangable...but some stuff may just go better than others.

homeuniformsvg.png

roaduniform-8.png

homeuniform2svg.png

Houston

For Houston I definitely did not want to be conservative, so I took Nike's habits as inspiration...but I did want to get away from that same old boring template Houston switched to.

My other problem is that their uniform features little to no navy blue. I am one of those people who is a bit uncomfortable with the amount of red and blue teams in sports, but I always thought it made more sense for the Cougars to wear red and navy blue.

Their latest uniforms (ended in 2007) used blue, but only as some really awkward under the armpit piping, and around the numbers. You will see the different sets of jerseys and pants all do not exactly correspond together, but I did some fiddling with the template and color placement to give the optimal look for each jersey... (something I do not mind in uniforms, but a lot of people are really ocd about!)

So, here is basically what my vision has been for Houston for the past five years.

homeuniform-10.png

roaduniform-9.png

alternateuniform.png

Well, I like Houstons blue alt. Perfect. I think if you change the sleeve red on the homes it might be more consistent, but it looks fine as is.

As for South Carolinas, they're nice. Nothing outstanding, but very clean and pleasing to the eye. Wouldn't mind seeing these on the gridiron.

Great job overall, keep it up!

glad i finally got some feedback cjz.

yeah, after looking real hard i thought maybe tone down the blue on the red jersey a bit...but i am instead going to be stubborn and stick with my vision.

As for SC, ill prolly update the alternate as a plain shell rather than having stripes.

Still not a lot of interest? I sure would hate to stop this series, but with a mere 3 comments in 3 days, I'm beginning to think this series is going down the hole!!

You shouldn't do these solely to hear people talk about them. Its good stuff for the most part, nothing really groundbreaking, but all quality concepts. Just keep on working on em, attention will come i guess. I think most people see them, and think there's not alot to say, other than the old "good job" or "i like them". And that usually doesn't go over well with some people.

So all i really have to say is that I like them, good job!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Houston

For Houston I definitely did not want to be conservative, so I took Nike's habits as inspiration...but I did want to get away from that same old boring template Houston switched to.

My other problem is that their uniform features little to no navy blue. I am one of those people who is a bit uncomfortable with the amount of red and blue teams in sports, but I always thought it made more sense for the Cougars to wear red and navy blue.

Their latest uniforms (ended in 2007) used blue, but only as some really awkward under the armpit piping, and around the numbers. You will see the different sets of jerseys and pants all do not exactly correspond together, but I did some fiddling with the template and color placement to give the optimal look for each jersey... (something I do not mind in uniforms, but a lot of people are really ocd about!)

So, here is basically what my vision has been for Houston for the past five years.

homeuniform-10.png

roaduniform-9.png

alternateuniform.png

The home and away are tremendous. The alts ... are really not necessary in this case, but are well done. (Truth be told, I wouldn't do the blue pants with the alt tops.)

Packers-2.png

Archived