Pensacola Ice Flyers logo

Geoff

That'd make a nice poster for somebody's wall...but a logo it is not.

Let's see...eagle holding a puck and Blue Angels imagery. Yep...requisite Pensacola representation, alright. Nice artwork composition. But daggone...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

But the real crime is not the crappiness of these logos, but the fact that a 7 team league now has 3 nicknames that include "Ice". Knoxville Ice Bears, Louisiana Ice Gators, and Pensacola Ice Pilots. <_<

But how will we know they're a hockey team if they don't have "Ice" in the name???

Ugh.

As long as the vectorized version of the "logo" on the jerseys won't have the text or planes, it should be decent enough. At least option #4 (which was leading in voting the last time I checked) didn't win win.

Check the other thread on this. The contest states up front that the vote will not decide the choice. It was for entertainment purposes only. Are you as entertained as I was?

And also Ice Flyers makes as much sense as Mountain Sharks.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Check the other thread on this. The contest states up front that the vote will not decide the choice. It was for entertainment purposes only. Are you as entertained as I was?

The fact that the team chose the logo that came in last entertains me. If I was a fan of the team I would be mildly pissed though!

That'd make a nice poster for somebody's wall...but a logo it is not.

Let's see...eagle holding a puck and Blue Angels imagery. Yep...requisite Pensacola representation, alright. Nice artwork composition. But daggone...

They had that one on posters for sale before the logo vote even happened.

As long as the vectorized version of the "logo" on the jerseys won't have the text or planes, it should be decent enough. At least option #4 (which was leading in voting the last time I checked) didn't win win.

#4 did "win"

It originally was supposed to decide the winner but then they obviously changed their mind. When the poll said entertainment purposes, they had the aforementioned posters, and it was choice #1, I had a feeling it would be the logo.

And Kerr seems to confirm that:

"Deciding on the logo was a pretty quick process, and we had some great logos come in," Kerr said. "A lot of people had a voice on it. But I really like the one we picked, it's a sharp one and it looks great on our jerseys. I'm looking forward to getting it out there."

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090724/SPORTS/907240353/1002

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

That would make a great shirt for purchase at atruck stop.

So, when they stated the vote didn't really mean that's who would win, then they just wanted to make sure that the choice the already made was going to be unpopular with the fans? Brilliance.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived