Pensacola Ice Flyers logo

Geoff

I think this was posted recently...referring to the contest they were having. This was the worst of the 3 logos that were up.

I still hate that they are called the ICE Pilots. Why not just Pilots?

I think this was posted recently...referring to the contest they were having. This was the worst of the 3 logos that were up.

When I voted in that poll it was in dead last. The management obviously ignored the fans and went with their own choice. It was shown first IIRC.

What a damn shame.

edit- here's Geoff's previous thread.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=67829

I voted for #2.

Because I'm pretty sure neither Ice Pilots, nor just Pilots was an option. :P Why not Pilot Flyers, or Flyer Pilots? Actually, all joking aside, Fighter Pilots would be pretty cool.

I just visitied the SPHL website. I now know (or was reminded) the Louisiana Ice Gators have joined.

...with this logo.

LouisianaIceGators.png

But the real crime is not the crappiness of these logos, but the fact that a 7 team league now has 3 nicknames that include "Ice". Knoxville Ice Bears, Louisiana Ice Gators, and Pensacola Ice Pilots. <_<

[Ron Burgundy] This is bush! Bush league! [/Ron Burgundy]

Someone can't read. It's Ice Flyers. Wooo!!111one1

Anyway, it is the South so teams feel the need to say "hey, we play on ice!"

And this is the new IceGators logo:

f771ab8fd952f4c5a1240dfdf113cca0.300.jpg

Well, logo selection like that is a great way of telling the fans you'll be lucky to make it through season one. So, a good heads-up for any potential season ticket buyers, then.

With the owner we've got, we'll last at least one season and probably many more. He knows hockey and he know business. He just doesn't have an eye for a good logo. Decent fan art, yes. Good logo, no.

Archived