2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao, if the Saints win this game, I'm officially giving up all hope in football in 2009 and January/February 2010. This is just too much for one day.

Come brother. Embrace the incredible futility of life and fandom. Can you hear loons? I can hear loons.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Am I the only one still disgusted about what Vick did?

Of course not, but Vick did his time and worked his way back. You can cheer for the guy without endorsing what he did.

I understand that, he did pay his dues, and he did do what's necessary to get back to the pro level. I give him credit for that. It just seems that a lot of people have been willing to take his "I've reformed" line at face value. He may very well have reformed his ways, in fact I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has. What I don't get is everyone just willing to say "hey no problem" so soon. After a few, say two, years, sure, we can break out the "lets move on" talk.

Really, I'm just not willing to say "it's all good" so soon.

I hear you. I really do, but I mean damn, does there need to be a discussion of his crimes (not mistakes, but crimes) every time his face is on screen? I don't hear anyone saying "hey, no problem" or "it's all good," more like "he did his time, let him be."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Maybe the ESPN guys just rub me the wrong way, I don't know. I'm not asking that he be criticized for his past crimes every time he comes up for discussion, in fact I agree with your "he did his time let him be" point of view. Maybe I'm reading to much into what the experts are saying, but I think they're jumping back on the Vick train a little to early. Again, I do commend the guy for paying his debt to society and working his way back.

EDIT-

This Cowboys/Giants game is turning out to be completely defencive. Neither offence can get things going. Fox turned away from the Saints/Redskins barnburner for this? Thanks Rupert <_<

Ehh...questionable booth review on Mike Sellers gives the ball to the Saints on the Redskins' 37. A (made) FG will sew this thing up for the Saints.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There is no words to describe the ways the Redskins snatch defeat with the clutches of victory on a week in week out basis.

According to my boy Jigga, oh yes there is--pay close attention here:

Hmmm, Jason Campbell hasn't thrown threw his customary soul-crushing, game-killing pick yet.

*edited for accuracy

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

A LOT of Saits fans in attendance at FedEx today. Is D.C. really THAT down on the 'Skins??

Yeah, everybody's a Saints fan all of a sudden. Funny how that works.

Anyways...sooooo muchhhhhh rageeeeeeeee @ today's games.

Could the 'Skins be one good QB away from being a complete team?

I don't particularly have an attachment to the Saints, but I like Drew Brees, and they've been the perennial underdog up until now, so I'm pulling for them. Now if only someone would beat the Colts. That was so a safety by the way <_<

It isn't all Campbell, but he inevitably finds a way to piss away a chance in close games. Sometimes he's bailed out, sometimes he isn't.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't particularly have an attachment to the Saints, but I like Drew Brees, and they've been the perennial underdog up until now, so I'm pulling for them. Now if only someone would beat the Colts. That was so a safety by the way <_<

Who knows, can someone please give them one so that us fans can find out? :P

Today, they were a good safety and/or a good kicker away. Next week it'll be something else.

Wow. This Cowboys/Giants game finds new ways to bore me. The Cowboys (who I am reluctantly rooting for) finally get a decent drive going, and Romo gets his a$$ sacked, so now all they get is a field goal.

Oh well, at least the Saints win is official.

It gives me a weird sort of pleasure to see the Steelers lose. Nice to see because they're the defending champs who always give my Bolts a hard time, and weird, because I was actually happy to see the Raiders win.

Oh, and Fox just ran a promo for next week's Saints/Falcons game that TNA would be embarrassed to air.

Who knows, can someone please give them one so that us fans can find out? :P

Today, they were a good safety and/or a good kicker away. Next week it'll be something else.

Just wait until the inevitable Farve lose in the playoffs. Then when he tearfully retires maybe the 'Skins can be the first to jump on him.

What I can't comprehend with the Sellers call is that when he supposedly fumbled the ball, the referee blew the whistle before the ball was recovered. You can see Sellers not go after the ball when it came out because of the whistle. How is that different from what happened with San Diego and Denver a year ago when Cutler fumbled the ball?

Anyways, I'm happy the Saints won. It still makes a match-up of two unbeatens at the Super Bowl possible.

JoseART

Okay, I've taken my fan hat off for the day. Simply put, bad teams finds new and different ways to lose every week. People need to stop looking for answers. Ain't none. They're just a bad football team.

What I can't comprehend with the Sellers call is that when he supposedly fumbled the ball, the referee blew the whistle before the ball was recovered. You can see Sellers not go after the ball when it came out because of the whistle. How is that different from what happened with San Diego and Denver a year ago when Cutler fumbled the ball?

Anyways, I'm happy the Saints won. It still makes a match-up of two unbeatens at the Super Bowl possible.

For the sake of the '72 Dolphins (and Tank) I hope not. Plus I just plain don't like the Colts.

For the sake of the '72 Dolphins (and Tank) I hope not. Plus I just plain don't like the Colts.

If it makes Mercury Morris go away, I'm all for it....

Archived