2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dolphin's road to the playoffs is fairly clear I think: they play four teams who are all in the wildcard chase. If they win all of them, they should be fairly assured of a spot, correct? The only situation I can think of would be the Ravens also winning out which would leave both teams at 10-6 and I don't know how the tiebreaker would work out.

Of course the Patriots could lose a couple more and we could end up division champions again. Who knows?

Wasn't pretty for the Packers probably one of the worst games they've played but good thing is the Ravens played probably their worst game at the worst time of the year and Jermichael Finley coming through in a massive way.

I expect A-Rod & company to do a Soldier Field stomp this coming Sunday with Charles Woodson locking up the DPOY, unless of course both Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil go crazy in the final four weeks.

Jared Allen has been a better defender than Woodson all year. Why would he need a late push?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looking at the Cowboys schedule for the rest of the season, its not an easy run in. They have the Chargers, Saints, Redskins, and Eagles to play. Not at all unreasonable to expect them to go 1-3 on the run in, without full on choking. That would leave them 9-7, and a marginal case for the playoffs, probably depending on who wins there division. They will have finished the season 1-4, and the choking headlines will come out, but it won't perhaps be fully fair.

oh on the contrary. it will be quite fair. they are a massive epic fail every time the temperature drops in texas.

heres a recap of the last 4 games:

Chargers - blow out loss. LT has about 9 touchdowns

Saints - another blow out loss. i'm fairly confident it will be about 80-0 saints.

Redskins - won't be a blowout but the deadskins will find a way of beating the cowboys. probably be 7-3.

Eagles - i expect vick to have about 5 touchdowns. one running, one passing, one comming off the toilet, one thrown to him, and one just given to him because he IS the awsomeness.

there 0-4 in december and phillips gets his ass fired before vick scores the last touchdown of the game.

My point is that they COULD finish with 3 defeats and not really choke. They may choke still but they could finish weakly, in terms of defeats at least and not have choked, given that losing to the Chargers, Saints and Eagles wouldn't perhaps be chokes.

the fact of the matter is, if the cowboys want to have any level of playoff sucess, the need to beat those teams. even if they lose all 4 games and make the playoffs they still are going be one and done. I don't see them magically cranking it up in the playoffs. they could, and i would love to see that but right now is when they need to be getting hot.

maybe its wade, maybe its Romo but i don't understand why this team can't do more than what it currently does. Its one thing to have a team full of Q's and T-hams who no longer have jobs in pro football period. theres no excuse for them right now. teams with less than what the cowboys have have done more.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Looking at the Cowboys schedule for the rest of the season, its not an easy run in. They have the Chargers, Saints, Redskins, and Eagles to play. Not at all unreasonable to expect them to go 1-3 on the run in, without full on choking. That would leave them 9-7, and a marginal case for the playoffs, probably depending on who wins there division. They will have finished the season 1-4, and the choking headlines will come out, but it won't perhaps be fully fair.

oh on the contrary. it will be quite fair. they are a massive epic fail every time the temperature drops in texas.

heres a recap of the last 4 games:

Chargers - blow out loss. LT has about 9 touchdowns

Saints - another blow out loss. i'm fairly confident it will be about 80-0 saints.

Redskins - won't be a blowout but the deadskins will find a way of beating the cowboys. probably be 7-3.

Eagles - i expect vick to have about 5 touchdowns. one running, one passing, one comming off the toilet, one thrown to him, and one just given to him because he IS the awsomeness.

there 0-4 in december and phillips gets his ass fired before vick scores the last touchdown of the game.

My point is that they COULD finish with 3 defeats and not really choke. They may choke still but they could finish weakly, in terms of defeats at least and not have choked, given that losing to the Chargers, Saints and Eagles wouldn't perhaps be chokes.

the fact of the matter is, if the cowboys want to have any level of playoff sucess, the need to beat those teams. even if they lose all 4 games and make the playoffs they still are going be one and done. I don't see them magically cranking it up in the playoffs. they could, and i would love to see that but right now is when they need to be getting hot.

maybe its wade, maybe its Romo but i don't understand why this team can't do more than what it currently does. Its one thing to have a team full of Q's and T-hams who no longer have jobs in pro football period. theres no excuse for them right now. teams with less than what the cowboys have have done more.

I don't disagree entirely, and I think the Cowboys have to be honest about evaluating how good they are right now come January. If they aspire to be the best team in the NFL they need to make some big decisions. But 3 of the last 4 teams the Cowboys are playing might expect or at least hope, to be involved still in the playoffs. I think to call this season a choke if the Cowboys don't make post season play is a little unfair.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Wasn't pretty for the Packers probably one of the worst games they've played but good thing is the Ravens played probably their worst game at the worst time of the year and Jermichael Finley coming through in a massive way.

I expect A-Rod & company to do a Soldier Field stomp this coming Sunday with Charles Woodson locking up the DPOY, unless of course both Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil go crazy in the final four weeks.

Jared Allen has been a better defender than Woodson all year. Why would he need a late push?

Yes Allen has been a beast this year but of late has been letting off outside of the Bear game, I think he needs to catch Dumervil (15 Sacks) to have a bigger shot. Either way it's going to be a tough decision because James Harrison isn't quite done yet.

And here is an interesting piece I was just talking about how bad the tackling has been on Sunday and ESPN has done an article on it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread13/Tackling

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I really think Tomlin is regretting that unleash hell comment.

It's one thing to lose to the Chiefs, another still to lose to the Raiders, but to even be trailing the Browns at any point is completely and totally unacceptable. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So how long is it Cowher's team? Is it only Cowher's team when they win? Is it Tomlin's team now because they're losing? All that "well he only won with the other guys' players" talk is nonsense. The dude coached 'em to the title...and he's the same exact guy (with most of the same players) coaching them during this debacle.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So how long is it Cowher's team? Is it only Cowher's team when they win? Is it Tomlin's team now because they're losing? All that "well he only won with the other guys' players" talk is nonsense. The dude coached 'em to the title...and he's the same exact guy (with most of the same players) coaching them during this debacle.

Exactly. Only thing that's changed is that a few key players either are or have been injured, yet all of a sudden Tomlin's cooking with Cowher's groceries. Man, please.

OchoCinco was fined $30,000 for the sombrero getup.

In other news, Flozell Adams was NOT fined or suspended for chronic on-field dirtiness and douchebaggery.

I know it's old news, but I just wanted to make sure folk knew that Flozell Adams was fined, to the tune of $50K, for his latest bout of douchebaggery.

*looks at score*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I've just made a mental 180 and am now in complete favor of starting Keith Null for the rest of the season. Steven Jackson should also go on IR now with his sore back.

Oh...and

T-34.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think we all know it was more Dick LeBeau then Mike Tomlin that won the Super Bowl last year.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Archived