2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

OchoCinco was fined $30,000 for the sombrero getup.

In other news, Flozell Adams was NOT fined or suspended for chronic on-field dirtiness and douchebaggery.

I know it's old news, but I just wanted to make sure folk knew that Flozell Adams was fined, to the tune of $50K, for his latest bout of douchebaggery.

I don't see how he hasn't been suspended this year, he's basically been the Ric Flair of the NFL: Dirtiest player in the game. I'm guessing that his next offense will be the oone that causes him to miss some time, cuz dude's been out of control this season, what with the tripping, kicking, after-the-whistle activity, and, again, general on-field douchebaggery.

He's had a LONG history of being chronically penalized, but it's like he just raised it to a whole 'nother level this season.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how long is it Cowher's team? Is it only Cowher's team when they win? Is it Tomlin's team now because they're losing? All that "well he only won with the other guys' players" talk is nonsense. The dude coached 'em to the title...and he's the same exact guy (with most of the same players) coaching them during this debacle.

Hope you don't mind if I add a little to that Jigga...

Is there someone out there silly enough to actually believe that this is still "Cowher's team?" Mike Tomlin is a helluva coach. It's not like Bill Cowher went 14-2 every season. And it's not like this is the first time a Super Bowl team followed it up with a subpar season.

"Cowher's team." :rolleyes: Too bad we don't have a "Dumbass Post Of The Day."

BB52Big.jpg

Is it bad that I get almost as excited about a Steelers loss as I do a Bengals win?

Nope. Back in the 80's I felt the same way about The Steelers, Oilers, and Bengals. I loved watching them lose almost as much as I loved watching The Browns win.

BB52Big.jpg

Is it bad that I get almost as excited about a Steelers loss as I do a Bengals win?

Nope. Back in the 80's I felt the same way about The Steelers, Oilers, and Bengals. I loved watching them lose almost as much as I loved watching The Browns win.

I hear you. As a Bills fan, all I have left is the random Patriots losses to root for. It's so sad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ah, those were the days!!!

Loved having my season ticket back then.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

So I'm guessing that this guy's a Redskins fan living in rural Louisiana, and despite the fact that his team is terrible, he bet his facebook friends that if the Saints beat the 'Skins, he'd allow all of his FB friends (who are presumably Saints fans) to pop caps in his TV's ass.

Of course the Saints won, so now we get treated to this.

It was nothing short of :censored:-ing poetry. The interference call was completely legit too.

So does anyone still want to debate me on the point that The 2009 Browns are the worst NFL team in history? They were up 24-3 on the Lions and lost. Case closed.

... I guess now that the Browns allegedly beat the Steelers, ( I still need evidence that the game really happened)... the case has been re-open. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Couple of quick points. Why is everyone piling on Mike Tomlin all of a sudden. I mean obviously losing to the Browns, and some of the other teams they have lost to, isn't great but come on. They are still the Superbowl champions, they have had a few bad injuries this year, and its the Steelers, the epitome of a team that know the value of hanging onto a coach during a mini crisis.

The other point is is Mangini safe for 2010 now?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So I'm guessing that this guy's a Redskins fan living in rural Louisiana, and despite the fact that his team is terrible, he bet his facebook friends that if the Saints beat the 'Skins, he'd allow all of his FB friends (who are presumably Saints fans) to pop caps in his TV's ass.

Of course the Saints won, so now we get treated to this.

That's a motley crew of Saints fans to be sure. Makes me want to clarify that while I did live there 17 years and do consider the city home, I am not a native. B)

About the clip, when I first heard about this, I thought they'd be wheeling some ancient projection TV from 1989 out there to be shot. Um, no. :wacko:

I really think Tomlin is regretting that unleash hell comment.

Well, they've unleashed it all right, just not the kind he had in mind. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wow... How the mighty have fallen.

I can see losing to Kansas City because they are, at best, sort of good. They'll give you a scare every now and then.

Losing to Oakland is bad because Oakland is a mess of a team. You shouldn't struggle with a team like the Raiders.

But losing to freaking Cleveland? That's just horrifying. What makes it's even worst is the total lack of offense for the Steelers. 6 points? With the kind of defense Cleveland has, they should score 6 points in at least one offensive drive.

As if this hasn't been enough of a downer season for the Falcons, now we have the latest installment of "stupid is as stupid does":

DT Babineaux Arrested

P.S. Does anyone know what the line in bold type means? It's from the NY Times piece on Week 14 matchups.

===

With Matt Ryan still battling turf toe, Chris Redman may get another start. Redman sold insurance for two years after the Ravens released him, and he looked last Sunday like a man more comfortable with a premium table than a playbook. This week, he brings kerosene from the castle while the Saints sail for Singapore.

===

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So how long is it Cowher's team? Is it only Cowher's team when they win? Is it Tomlin's team now because they're losing? All that "well he only won with the other guys' players" talk is nonsense. The dude coached 'em to the title...and he's the same exact guy (with most of the same players) coaching them during this debacle.

Hope you don't mind if I add a little to that Jigga...

Is there someone out there silly enough to actually believe that this is still "Cowher's team?" Mike Tomlin is a helluva coach. It's not like Bill Cowher went 14-2 every season. And it's not like this is the first time a Super Bowl team followed it up with a subpar season.

"Cowher's team." :rolleyes:Too bad we don't have a "Dumbass Post Of The Day."

We do. The reason you've never seen it before is beacause the award is reserved for willmorris' posts regarding college sports.

Actually, I created the SPotD (Stupid Post of the Day) a couple of years ago. I would reply with a simple "You've been SPotD 12/10/2009" or something like that. Obviously, it didn't quite take off. We could always bring it back. Can someone make a logo for that? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think we all know it was more Dick LeBeau then Mike Tomlin that won the Super Bowl last year.

Therefore, it's equally evident that it's more Dick LeBeau this year that is losing to the dregs of the league.

You can't just turn the switch like that. Was it Tomlin's team when they were 6-2? Was it Cowher's? Was it LeBeau's? I ask again, since no one has answered this...how long is it Cowher's team? Is it only Cowher's team when they win? Is it only Tomlin's team now because they're losing? If they were 11-2 instead of 6-7 would it still be Cowhear's team? Whose team will it be next year or will that depend on their record?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think I just enjoy watching all their fans squirm. Steelers fans who are my age have lived a charmed life with regards to their football team. They've had it about as good as a fan of an NFL team can have it, but they have absolutely no idea how to handle losing. They're only 6-7, but people on FB are jumping ship, calling it the worst team ever, calling for Mike Tomlin's head and proclaiming the sky is falling. It's quite comical.

I'm still waiting for that 2-14, 1-15 Steelers season. I'd like to see at least one really bad Steelers team in my life. It would only be fair. 6-7 and losing to the Browns is bad and funny, but they still have an outside shot at the playoffs. I'd like to see how Steelers fans deal with a team that is just flat out terrible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm still waiting for that 2-14, 1-15 Steelers season. I'd like to see at least one really bad Steelers team in my life. It would only be fair. 6-7 and losing to the Browns is bad and funny, but they still have an outside shot at the playoffs. I'd like to see how Steelers fans deal with a team that is just flat out terrible.

You'll be waiting a long time. The worst season they've had since 1970 is 5-11 and that happened once. And the fans didn't deal with it well at all.

BB52Big.jpg

You'll be waiting a long time. The worst season they've had since 1970 is 5-11 and that happened once. And the fans didn't deal with it well at all.

Yeah, and the last time Pittsburgh had a rotten year, they were rewarded with Ben Rothelisberger. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Archived