2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Meanwhile, back in Birdland...

...the Ravens have scored five times today. All five were field goals. That doesn't count the one that was shanked from about 30 yards out. If the Colts do indeed win this game, the Ravens can look directly at that offensive scoring output as the reason why they lost the game.

Having said that, the Ravens' defense has definitely been making a game of this. Also worth watching: Ray-Ray did something to his foot earlier in the game and really isn't at top speed. Still, he's making his presence felt on D--ask Colts TE Tom Santi.

One more question, in another part of the AFC world: raise your hand if you saw the Chefs being able to match the Steelers point for point?? Currently tied at 24 in the Arrowhead.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts remain perfect. Blame the Ravens' inability to score TDs, rather, settling for FGs. Even with that, one field goal was missed...and Gary Brackett played Johnny-on-the-spot with that late interception.

Up-and-comers...mark this on your "Things Not To Do When Running Back a Punt While Your Team is Down Two With :17 to Go":

attempt to lateral the ball with a group of defenders in your grill.

That's exactly what Ed Reed, of all people, did...that was the final death knell for the Ravens. Old-time fans of the Colts couldn't have been too happy seeing their former team come back home and beat their current team--assuming any of them adopted the Ravens as their new team.

EDIT #17: What is REALLY going on with the Steelers?! The Chefs just pulled an elephant of an upset against the Steelers. I am glad I ain't in Pittsburgh right now...that place is going to go into upheaval really quick. And I, for one, just laughed from a good healthy place...deep down inside. Great googily moogily.

(On a more serious note...the Steelers lost more than just the game though. Big Ben got knocked out of the game on a scramble...took a blow to the head by somebody's knee during that scramble. Looks like it might have been a concussion Needless to say...that ain't good at all.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Damn, Troy Polamalu will be out another month (knee injury). I'm not a Steelers fan, but that's one of my favorite players to watch.

Madden Curse

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Damn blackouts, Stafford threw for 422 yards and 5 TDs, including one with no time left, to give the Lions a 1 point win over the browns, after being down 24-3 at one point. wow. :shocked: ... and I couldn't watch it.

Then you really missed it. The Browns committed pass interference on a Stafford hail mary giving Detroit one last play at the one with no time left. Staffard got his shoulder busted up on the hail mary but because the Browns took a timeout before the untimed play he was able to come back in for the winning TD pass. He was grabbing his shoulder comeing off the field though.

Check the boxscore again, Tnak.

I agree with Infared this is the worst team I have ever seen.

How do you lose to the Lions like that, and with Stafford playing the last TD with one arm. Then they show Mangidiot and hes doing the classic Bobby the Brain Heenan cry back the locker.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Just one of the many reasons I call Eric "the Mandoofus".

Didn't watch the Falcons/Giants game since I had a family affair and this weekend has been pretty awesome and I didn't want the Falcons losing to the wheels-spinning-in-the-mud Giants to ruin my day. :P

Well, didn't ruin it since I avoided, but still...kinda gutwrenching to realize that the Falcons fought their way back to tie the game and send it to OT (Matt Ryan seems like he's back to normal), only to realize that had Jason Elam went 2-2 instead of 1-2, I'd be talking about the Falcons being back in the thick of the playoff race. Instead, I'm just hoping that they can somehow finish 9-7. That's ALL I want at this point.

Also, :censored:inglol @ the Browns losing that game to the Lions. I thought that game was over when they were up 24-3...ON THE FREAKING LIONS. Mangini needed to be fired on the spot for that L. Wow.

As a Card fan, I'm holding my breath on Kurt Warner. I hope he comes back.

I hope he doesn't.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived