Personal logo

JayLo1112

Hey hey. so I've been here for some time now, and I've thrown some concepts out here, though nothing too serious. I've been wanting to start anew, maybe downloading inkscape and trying to come up with more concepts because I know that I have plenty of ideas that could have some potential, I just need a jumping off point. so with the draw brawl starting I want to participate and show some work. here I present to you a personal logo with my annitials JNL which can work in several ways. here is one though I only did it in paint i thought it would look cool and unique. i have other ideas too which ill show later, doubling the letters J and L as a 1 and 2, making my annitials and lucky number.

jnl.jpg

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

After some playing around with certain things I came up with this, a J and an L doubling as the number 12. The swoosh leaves me with plenty of color options as well. I immediately liked this one better.

jnl122.png

EDIT: I know not too many CCSLC-ers aren't up at this hour but C&C is appreciated :P thanks.

Of the two you've posted so far I'd say the second is the stronger. I could actually tell what it was, the first I could have looked at for months and if you hadn't said what the letters were I'd have been hard pushed to find them.

The second one has a very Arabic/Sanskrit look to it, with the extended ascenders and flat bottoms and swashes on the letters, dont know if that was intentional or not but it has that kind of feel to it.

I think you need to look at varying the thickness of the keyline around the swoosh, having the back line the same width all along the edge makes the swoosh look really static, and I'm assuming the reason you added it was to add some movement to the piece. Vary the line thickness and it will really improve that part of the design.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Much better than the first. I am not sure it needs the swoosh though, especially since those are getting way overused these days. I actually see a lowercase n formed by the j/l/1/2, and I know in the earlier one you were going for a JNL.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I figured people would say drop the soosh, because they're overused. I'll take the criticism and do my best. thanks for the advice.

Not only is the swoosh overused, but it doesn't add anything to most designs. It is adding for the sake of adding- which is rarely ever a good idea. Take the advice given here so far and see what you come up with...even make some more sketches on paper, you never know what might come up.

jnl-1.png

I came up with this last night, it's a little abstract but honestly, how many people on here have a personal logo where you don't have to stop and look for a couple seconds to see what it says. u can see a J an N and an L interconnnected. but I think yo I'll probably do more today, on paper first like colacock suggested, and ill try to post them up on here so you all can tell me what you think.

C&C on this last one is appreciated.

jnl-1.png

I came up with this last night, it's a little abstract but honestly, how many people on here have a personal logo where you don't have to stop and look for a couple seconds to see what it says. u can see a J an N and an L interconnnected. but I think yo I'll probably do more today, on paper first like colacock suggested, and ill try to post them up on here so you all can tell me what you think.

C&C on this last one is appreciated.

I like this a lot. Sometimes, it doesn't matter if people can see what it says or not. If your work is good, people will identify that logo with your quality of work.

thanks for the feedback on these. throughout today I went a couple different ways with some designs. This is how I progressed from my first design to my last from right to left. just a heads up the one on the top right is JL and I thought it worked as a baseball jersey flipped upsidedown so I slapped a Boston script on there and it looked cool hah

jnls-1.png

Archived