Spurs third

Discrim

well, I had an idea. I ran with it. and now you see it. :D

spursfiesta.png

I almsot released a slightly different jersey design from this, and I just thought of another possibility, so I'll likely post a couple more versions tomorrow.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

spursfiesta.png

I almsot released a slightly different jersey design from this, and I just thought of another possibility, so I'll likely post a couple more versions tomorrow.

So where is the home alt version of this?

Packers-2.png

This works in so many ways it's unbelievable. Great idea going back to the black-on-black numbers & script, and even better usage of the fiesta colors. This could've definitely worked back when they had that in their color scheme. Excellent concept.

thanks fellas, as promised, the concept I was leaning towards in the early stages...

spursfiesta2.png

the notable differences are the striping's not as thick, all lettering has been moved up (more noticeably on the back) and the spur at the v of the neck is noticeably smaller. and now, the idea I'd gotten after release:

spursfiesta3.png

something like Carolina or the Nets popped into my head, so I ran with it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

spursfiesta.png

WOW! That may be the ugliest uniform that I have ever saw, and that is coming from a Browns fan (the home of the ugliest colors in the NFL).

spacer.png

spursfiesta3.png

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :winner:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

spursfiesta.png

This one seems to remind me of the Denver Nuggets old Rainbow unis.

spursfiesta3.png

And these babies are my absolute favorites! The black on black is amazing and I love your new "San Antonio" script. Did you develop that yourself?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

yes I did...as awesome as the actual Gervin-era unis were, the block SAN ANTONIO lettering they used wasn't gonna cut it for this one. I almost decided to roll this out with the A in Antonio being a large lowercase a, but decided about midway through designing the first concept to change it to the A you see in these sets.

2016cubscreamsig.png

yes I did...as awesome as the actual Gervin-era unis were, the block SAN ANTONIO lettering they used wasn't gonna cut it for this one. I almost decided to roll this out with the A in Antonio being a large lowercase a, but decided about midway through designing the first concept to change it to the A you see in these sets.

Is the "San Antonio" script hand drawn?

I really like the idea, but I have one nitpick. I think the "San Antonio" script could be cleaned up a bit. Otherwise, very creative.

That's the great thing, it's raw and different.

Is the "San Antonio" script hand drawn?

I really like the idea, but I have one nitpick. I think the "San Antonio" script could be cleaned up a bit. Otherwise, very creative.

That's the great thing, it's raw and different.

I don't necessarily think "raw" is a design quality one wants to pursue when designing for the highest level of professional basketball in the US, if not the world. I really think the script could work, if it were a little more polished.

I don't necessarily think "raw" is a design quality one wants to pursue when designing for the highest level of professional basketball in the US, if not the world. I really think the script could work, if it were a little more polished.

Discrimihater's script does work though. There's nothing in the Old West that's supposed to look "polished" and "refined", just take the Diamandbacks set for example.

The Tony Parker version is definitely better. I'm feelin' the alt logo too... I never understood why more teams from the southwest don't actually adopt some southwestern imagery.

Discrimihater's script does work though. There's nothing in the Old West that's supposed to look "polished" and "refined", just take the Diamandbacks set for example.

Although the D-backs set has an edgy look, it still has clean, well-defined lines. And usually I don't have bad things to say about Discrim's work, but I just happen to think that, as a script, it should have those well-defined lines that just about every sports brand has. For example, the lower case n and the lower case i are set at different angles, which hinders the fluidity of the script, and thus affects the overall look. I realize you could just say that similar inconsistencies have happened with typography in the Old West, but on a sports uniform those inconsistencies come off as either "kitschy" or "unprofessional".

Although the D-backs set has an edgy look, it still has clean, well-defined lines. And usually I don't have bad things to say about Discrim's work, but I just happen to think that, as a script, it should have those well-defined lines that just about every sports brand has. For example, the lower case n and the lower case i are set at different angles, which hinders the fluidity of the script, and thus affects the overall look. I realize you could just say that similar inconsistencies have happened with typography in the Old West, but on a sports uniform those inconsistencies come off as either "kitschy" or "unprofessional".

I get what you're saying and I agree with your theories but for an alt uni, I don't think this wordmark script would be perceived as that bad.

Archived