Hershey Bears get new unis

WBGMike

It does look a little weird, you're right.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

If that design had the diagonal Varsity Block lettering on the front, instead of that hot logo mess, it would be the best thing the Bears have worn in at least five seasons.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That logo is awful and huge.

On a slightly related note....When I was growing up I remember a friend in elementary school telling me that there was a hockey team in Hersey, PA called the Hershey BARS. The funny thing was that he couldn't understand for the life of him why their mascot was a BEAR.

too funny.

Of course he wasn't exactly the sharpest kid in class.

On a slightly related note....When I was growing up I remember a friend in elementary school telling me that there was a hockey team in Hersey, PA called the Hershey BARS. The funny thing was that he couldn't understand for the life of him why their mascot was a BEAR.

too funny.

Well he was...or you were not...either way. They were the Hershey B'ars, and for one year the Chocolate B'ars. While they were never "forced" to change their name they gave in to the NY media as being to commercial and changed their name to the Bears. Why they would give a rats @ss about the NY media in Hershey PA who knows. I remember seeing photos with the old jerseys around the old Hershey Park Arena and even a few B'ars jerseys. I wish the team would have a throwback night with those old jerseys.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

too funny.

Well he was...or you were not...either way. They were the Hershey B'ars, and for one year the Chocolate B'ars. While they were never "forced" to change their name they gave in to the NY media as being to commercial and changed their name to the Bears. Why they would give a rats @ss about the NY media in Hershey PA who knows. I remember seeing photos with the old jerseys around the old Hershey Park Arena and even a few B'ars jerseys. I wish the team would have a throwback night with those old jerseys.

Hmmm.....don't see how I could come out of that story as being the "dumb kid in the class" seeing that I was not the one who was confused.

FYI....they were called the B'ars like 70 years ago, so unless I'm pushing 80 I don't think my story took place back then. We're talking 1980's. They were obviously called the BEARS at that time and he was OBVIOUSLY mistaking the name of the team for the name of the chocolate bar.

but thanks for the insight.

Archived