Giants Stadium Farewell Logo

JQK

Why wouldn't they make this blue and red for the Giants and a green and white version for the Jets? The black doesn't make any sense.

I like this idea a lot better.

Maybe they could use this one for general stadium stuff, and use the colored for team specific activities.

2IA3b.png

I hope it doesn't end up on their jersey. Why it is black and red is beyond me, maybe they wanted to make it Jets/Giants neutral.

I don't believe it has nothing to do with either team. That's just what was chosen by the NJSEA:

GiantsStadium2.jpg

At the time these were designed, here was the then Continental Arena:

ContinentalAirlinesArena2.jpg

They've also used this for the entire Sports Complex:

MeadowlandsFlags.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

This may have already been said, but why are they moving out of Giants Stadium? Does it have to do with the new Red Bull Stadium or is that a soccer only stadium for Red Bull New York?

Red Bull Arena is being built in Harrison, NJ, a little bit away from the Meadowlands in East Rutherford.

The Jets have been looking to build a new stadium for a while, and i do not know why the Giants felt the need to get a new stadium.

When the Giants and the NJSEA announced plans for a new stadium, the Jets were not included in any of the plans. When the West Side Stadium plan the Jets had fell through, they asked the Giants if they wanted to go halfsies on the new diggs in the Meadowlands. Giants said sure.

Thus the first NFL Stadium used and owned by two different teams.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This may have already been said, but why are they moving out of Giants Stadium? Does it have to do with the new Red Bull Stadium or is that a soccer only stadium for Red Bull New York?

Red Bull Arena is being built in Harrison, NJ, a little bit away from the Meadowlands in East Rutherford.

The Jets have been looking to build a new stadium for a while, and i do not know why the Giants felt the need to get a new stadium.

When the Giants and the NJSEA announced plans for a new stadium, the Jets were not included in any of the plans. When the West Side Stadium plan the Jets had fell through, they asked the Giants if they wanted to go halfsies on the new diggs in the Meadowlands. Giants said sure.

Thus the first NFL Stadium used and owned by two different teams.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

More luxury boxes, PSL revenue, higher ticket prices, etc.

There is zero reason a new stadium was needed outside of that. What they have now is just fine, is plenty big, and has no structural integrity issues or anything like that. It's almost always about the money...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived