Interesting Devils Logo

Bmac

I was browsing Lids.com in the NHL section, when I came across a new section of hats. They have the primary and alternate logo for each team on the hat. They are pretty cool. I noticed the Devils hat looked kinda different. So I clicked on it and discovered an interseting alternte logo. What is it? Is it an official logo?

Here is the link to the hat.

And here is the logo:

devils1.jpg

I remember when that alternate head first started out as the Lowell Devils' primary logo...To quote ahlfans.net, "It's appropriate that a team from Hell would play in an arena with ice problems".

bYhYmxh.png

God, I bloody hate, hate those 59fifty hats.. Who ever started the style need to be shot.. The wide rim on the hats look so ridiculous, and leaving some shiny holo-stickers on top or bottom of it makes it even worse.. It look like the hat is too big on your head!

I remember when that alternate head first started out as the Lowell Devils' primary logo.

Which originally started out as a couple of logos the Devils used for their merchandise catalog "Devils Den" in the late 90's.

They still use the logos for their team store at the Prudential Center.

devilsden530.jpg

There is also one of just the head in a black oval.

God, I bloody hate, hate those 59fifty hats.. Who ever started the style need to be shot.. The wide rim on the hats look so ridiculous, and leaving some shiny holo-stickers on top or bottom of it makes it even worse.. It look like the hat is too big on your head!

Well this will not change for awhile. As is the case with about 95% of how fashion is made these days, "If a rapper wears it like that, I'm wearing it like that." SO since every rapper alive wears their hats JUST like this; big a$$ rim and the stupid damn sticker on it; it's how everyone will wear it. No point in getting pissed about it, it's just how it is. That being said, I agree, it makes you look like a complete asstard to wear your hats like this, for those of you that do. Really, what is the point of leaving the holo sticker on it it, anyway? So people go, DAMN! HE SPENT 25 BUCKS ON HIS HAT! HE MUST BE LOADED!

Alright, I'm done.

~UJ

As soon as I see anybody post anything from Lids, my first thought is, "Oh good, another Craptacular hat from Lids." And again they didn't disappoint. I firmly second Jipetto's statement, and just say, let the blind sheep their leaders. It's nice to see people with no sense of intelligence are advertising it plainly by wearing these hats. Thanks for letting me know not to waste my time talking to you.

Well this will not change for awhile. As is the case with about 95% of how fashion is made these days, "If a rapper wears it like that, I'm wearing it like that." SO since every rapper alive wears their hats JUST like this; big a$$ rim and the stupid damn sticker on it; it's how everyone will wear it. No point in getting pissed about it, it's just how it is. That being said, I agree, it makes you look like a complete asstard to wear your hats like this, for those of you that do. Really, what is the point of leaving the holo sticker on it it, anyway? So people go, DAMN! HE SPENT 25 BUCKS ON HIS HAT! HE MUST BE LOADED!

Alright, I'm done.

~UJ

Actually the sticker is left on because it looks like it was just stolen from the store. Like it still has the tags on it. All these urban trends are geared to admiring a criminal lifestyle. Baggy pants started because in prison the inmates' pants are always baggy because they are not allowed to wear belts.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I remember when that alternate head first started out as the Lowell Devils' primary logo.

Which originally started out as a couple of logos the Devils used for their merchandise catalog "Devils Den" in the late 90's.

devilsden530.jpg

That logo is still part of the Lowell Devils' primary logo. not sure if it started as part of the Devils Den, or an earlier team's identity (maybe Utica?).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

devilsden530.jpg

That logo is still part of the Lowell Devils' primary logo. not sure if it started as part of the Devils Den, or an earlier team's identity (maybe Utica?).

It started out as the Devils Den logo

devilsden530.jpg

It started out as the Devils Den logo

It was, indeed, first used for the Devils Den. The first time i remember seeing it was during the '95 season.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Actually the sticker is left on because it looks like it was just stolen from the store. Like it still has the tags on it. All these urban trends are geared to admiring a criminal lifestyle. Baggy pants started because in prison the inmates' pants are always baggy because they are not allowed to wear belts.

I know when I want to admire the criminal lifestyle, my go-to team is the New Jersey Devils. Nothing says thug life like a slow boring hockey team from the suburbs. Scott Stevens was the wrong kind of thug.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know when I want to admire the criminal lifestyle, my go-to team is the New Jersey Devils. Nothing says thug life like a slow boring hockey team from the suburbs. Scott Stevens was the wrong kind of thug.

Yea, Newark has no crime. Bunch of posers...

sB9ijEj.png

devilsden530.jpg

That has to be my favorite ?devil? logo I?ve ever seen, it?s a shame they didn?t adopt it as a primary or secondary logo along the way.

I've wanted them for the longest time to adopt that as their wordmark. The Devils have never really had a solid, consistant wordmark. Always thought that wordmark was excellent.

sB9ijEj.png

devilsden530.jpg

That has to be my favorite ?devil? logo I?ve ever seen, it?s a shame they didn?t adopt it as a primary or secondary logo along the way.

I've wanted them for the longest time to adopt that as their wordmark. The Devils have never really had a solid, consistant wordmark. Always thought that wordmark was excellent.

Any idea why this never went down? Too many times do I see knock off logo?s like this ?Devils Den? beat out the primaries!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Seriously? It upsets you that kids wear their hat a certain way? And you're only 24? You're in for some pretty shocking things in your lifetime, my friend.

Kids like to look different than what they percieve to be the older generation. Not everybody wants to wear their hat like Larry the Cable Guy anymore.

thecatch.jpg

Archived