North Dakota Fighting Sioux Men's Hockey switches to Reebok

chrome14

I'm really excited for this, as I am a fan of RBK Edge. I wonder how they will handle the controversial UND logo?

Really good question. The university's new football uniforms are completely devoid of any Sioux imagery. It would be easy to assume the same would be true of hockey. But of all UND athletic programs, hockey is the one most intricately tied to the heritage of the Fighting Sioux name. If these uniforms are Sioux-less, it's just one more sign of the inevitable.

Here we go Flickertails! (That, for those who don't know, was the school's original athletics moniker, prior the Sioux. The colors were pink and green.)

From the video. I think the script jersey was part of the womens jerseys. I like the women's jerseys more than the men.

You're right. I didn't even notice it said "Women's Hockey Jerseys". Damn shame. I would have liked to have seen the men wear that script one.

But it still says "Sioux" and that certainly looks like an Indian on the front. Do they have a time frame in which they must replace that imagery?

This past spring I believe the ND Higher Board of Ed gave them a deadline of Oct. 1st. However, I heard recently that there will probably be an extension, not sure how long.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived