2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Everyone join me in laughing at the Red Wings, for losing to the Maple Leafs 5-1.

It's one friggin' game in an 82 game season. The Wings will be contenders for the Cup and the Leafs will be contenders for the crappiest team in the league. Get some perspective there bud.

Uh oh, the fun police is flexing its muscle once again! No fun or sarcasm allowed on them boards!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone join me in laughing at the Red Wings, for losing to the Maple Leafs 5-1.

It's one friggin' game in an 82 game season. The Wings will be contenders for the Cup and the Leafs will be contenders for the crappiest team in the league. Get some perspective there bud.

Uh oh, did I strike a nerve? Its the 2nd worst team in the league beating up on the mighty Detroit Red Wings. Thought i'd have some fun with it. The Red Wings dont look like contenders right now though, do they?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

While I make no excuses for the Leafs' overall crumminess this season, the Red Wings are not in contender form, at all. And it's not just this game.

The years of the Red Wings being THE team to beat are over. Thanks Sid!

Anyway the post was made in jest. The Wings' recent success in the past means people look forward to seeing them lose. Them's the breaks. And losing to a team like the 2009-10 Leafs just makes it that much sweeter :P:flagcanada:

Uh oh, did I strike a nerve? Its the 2nd worst team in the league beating up on the mighty Detroit Red Wings. Thought i'd have some fun with it. The Red Wings dont look like contenders right now though, do they?

Zing! And they still haven't played the Central-leading Columbus Blue Jackets :P

6fQjS3M.png

Note to self: Never say "If we stay healthy" again. Even if you do knock on wood.

Letang, Gonchar, Malkin, Kennedy, Talbot all out.

Nothing the pens haven't faced before...

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

We're talking about the Leafs here. You all are celebrating like they won the Cup. Sure Detroit may not be as good as the past, but they are still in Cup contention because they will be in the playoffs and the Leafs won't. Oh and before you bury the Red Wings, I just say take a look at where the Yankees were in the first half of the season. So if you want to tout Columbus go right ahead, but ask the Red Sox about being in first and looking good in the second month.

We're talking about the Leafs here. You all are celebrating like they won the Cup. Sure Detroit may not be as good as the past, but they are still in Cup contention because they will be in the playoffs and the Leafs won't. Oh and before you bury the Red Wings, I just say take a look at where the Yankees were in the first half of the season. So if you want to tout Columbus go right ahead, but ask the Red Sox about being in first and looking good in the second month.

You really need to calm down. I don't think a single Leafs fan here is claiming that win means the Leafs are a better team then the Red Wings.

We're happy because the Wings are 1) a traditional rival and 2) a better team, making that win in the rivalry that much sweeter.

Who then turned around and lost at home 4-2 to the Wild (who, after starting the season with a road losing streak, have now won two in a row away from St. Paul, and 4 of their last 5 overall) - including giving up a 6-on-3 shorthanded goal to end the game. :P

CCSLC signature.png

Who then turned around and lost at home 4-2 to the Wild (who, after starting the season with a road losing streak, have now won two in a row away from St. Paul, and 4 of their last 5 overall) - including giving up a 6-on-3 shorthanded goal to end the game. :P

Yeah I know, I have Gustavsson on my fantasy team.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Now I haven't really been complaining about the way Ottawa's games have gone.

Then tonight happened... The constant non-calls are getting ridiculous. There were trips that were so obvious, but for whatever reason weren't called. Not a single powerplay for the Senators, when they definitely deserved some calls.

Then there is the plain old sloppy play. The team just seems to lose focus after getting any sort of lead.

Nice to see them come out with the win in the shootout though.

Hi, how are you?

wow, Aggression. Nobody was saying the Leafs are better than the Red Wings. It was kind of tongue-in-cheek as in "enjoy this moment while it lasts because we're not going to get many of them this season", also the same can be said for the poster who brought up the central division leading blue jackets. "enjoy it while it lasts because it's probably not going to last very long". Settle down.

Back to topic, it is a little crazy that the team has played nearly a quarter of their season and have yet to play a divisional opponent. I remember last year the Jackets played the Coyotes 4 times before ever facing St. Louis. We had to play the Coyotes when they were hot and everyone else got them at the end of the season when they sucked.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So do we get to laugh at the Blue Jackets who are currently getting demolished by the Wings?

go ahead. This is the worst they've played all season. They look utterly disinterested in playing hockey tonight.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So do we get to laugh at the Blue Jackets who are currently getting demolished by the Wings?

Sure, knock yourself out. :D

go ahead. This is the worst they've played all season. They look utterly disinterested in playing hockey tonight.

Wow! They are playing poorly and the Wings are taking full advantage.

-Dan

Well, I'm just inquiring since there was such hubbub about the Leafs beating the Wings 5-1. As for me, I'm just observing and choose not to laugh.

Edit: The drubbing is complete. Wings romp 9-1! :shocked:

Archived