2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flyers got a cheap goal there that should have been disallowed - Hartnell was interfering with Thomas.

Thomas made the mistake by getting distracted with Hartnell and not letting his defensemen take care of it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Awesome, awesome game. I would have felt the same even if the Bruins lost, but with them winning, it makes it all the more better. The NHL and everyone involved did a terrific job putting this game on. I can't wait to go to the AT&T Legends & Celebrities Classic tomorrow!

what the hell is ccslc?

The winner of the past two winter classics (Pittsburgh and Detroit) both went on to the Stanley Cup only to lose. I love these pointless facts but who knows the Bruins could break it in either a really good way or really bad way.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'm really glad that Boston scored late to send it to overtime. A 1-0 game and people would've been calling it a dud, blaming the ice for the low scoring, etc. and so on. Boston's late goal and subsequent overtime goal made a rather blah game a little more interesting. As for the rest of it, I love the winter classic. I think it's a really great event and I hope that it successful enough and they do it long enough where they run out of the obvious venues and teams and the Blue Jackets get to play in one at Ohio Stadium. Realistically, that's not going to happen, but one can hope.

Flyers got a cheap goal there that should have been disallowed - Hartnell was interfering with Thomas.

more like Thomas was interfering with Hartnell.

Blues fire Head Coach Andy Murray. Not my favorite of moves, but something seemed necessary and I'm excited about the promotion of Davis Payne from Peoria to interim-Head Coach in St. Louis.

didn't he win coach of the year last season? Maybe the Blue Jackets will be next with Ken Hitchcock.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm really glad that Boston scored late to send it to overtime. A 1-0 game and people would've been calling it a dud, blaming the ice for the low scoring, etc. and so on. Boston's late goal and subsequent overtime goal made a rather blah game a little more interesting. As for the rest of it, I love the winter classic. I think it's a really great event and I hope that it successful enough and they do it long enough where they run out of the obvious venues and teams and the Blue Jackets get to play in one at Ohio Stadium. Realistically, that's not going to happen, but one can hope.

more like Thomas was interfering with Hartnell.

Blues fire Head Coach Andy Murray. Not my favorite of moves, but something seemed necessary and I'm excited about the promotion of Davis Payne from Peoria to interim-Head Coach in St. Louis.

didn't he win coach of the year last season? Maybe the Blue Jackets will be next with Ken Hitchcock.

No, Claude Julien did, but I think he was one of the top 3.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

This Blues game is a disgrace from both teams. At least it's good to know that the Blues had a 17-minute power play and only came away with one dubious goal. No talent, no class. I am a Bluenote.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This Blues game is a disgrace from both teams. At least it's good to know that the Blues had a 17-minute power play and only came away with one dubious goal. No talent, no class. I am a Bluenote.

Apparently the scent of burnt sage makes them woozy.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Haha. Tkachuk scored a garbage time goal off his face.

This was a ridiculously officiated game. I don't think I've seen anything like this one in some time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just got back from the AT&T Legends Classic at Fenway Park today. It was about 20 degrees and snowing like crazy. So cold, but so, so awesome!

what the hell is ccslc?

Haha. Tkachuk scored a garbage time goal off his face.

This was a ridiculously officiated game. I don't think I've seen anything like this one in some time.

I dunno. Surely it's because it went the Blues way, but I think they mostly made the right calls. Weaver's hit was 100% legal, Barker jumping in on him and "fighting" him while he was on the ground was not.

The only thing the Blues did that went beyond "good hard hockey" was Tkachuk's dumba** elbow or crosscheck or whatever it was when he was trying to get after Campbell for his (legal) hit on Oshie. I don't think it would have seemed as dirty if Campbell hadn't ducked it, but it was still way too high and way too late.

Everything else the Blues did was well within clean play, they were just (physically, clearly not on the scoreboard) kicking the crap out of the Hawks.

Unfortunately, while they played harder than they have the past 4 games, they played every bit as crappy and stupid.

One of the girls had to do it. Barker jumped a guy and Eager sucker punched Jackman before Jax made him try to back it up. Guess Fraser had a scrap, but not with one of our tough guys. Toews was the only Hawk that showed any real stones. He absorbed a beating from Backes, but he gets props for standing in there and even getting back up once.

Even as the Blues talent level increases, I hope they never stop playing as physical as they were last night.

I keep running into that response. All I can say is, yep.

But that's why I don't want the Blues to stop playing that way even when the talent comes. Someday they'll be able to match the Hawks scoring. My hope is that the Hawks still won't be able to match the Blues physical presence.

Archived