MiLB Re-Brands

bohob

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the latest one. Colors are definitely unique. I feel like the bevel is weak and drags down the concept a little. I also feel like the cap logo is weak and a little slapped together. I've looked at a lot of plan b branding's designs, and one thing that they do exceptionally well is cap marks without a letter....so why not try just the shell as the cap logo? It's very strong on it's own and is something perfect for minor leagues. Cap logos appear to be a little small on the hats. The rendering of the turtle is very very well done. Nice concept/series.

I'm not so thirsty for Sprite with the Snappers' unis...more like Mello Yello!

Seriously though, awesome design! Only thing I'd point out is that their new ballpark might not be in the city of Beloit, but elsewhere in Rock County (Janesville perhaps). So, there's a chance they'd be called the Rock County Snappers (I like how that sounds!)

bYhYmxh.png

Thanks to everyone who commented. I have the initial stages for the next team: The Tri-City Dust Devils. If you want to see the utterly nasty logos they have now, you can click here. I tried to design a logo that capture the essence of swirling wind, but without the clunky-ness of the current. I also decided to work on the devil aspect by incorporating a creature that is half devil and half ball. The colors the team currently sports are royal, gold, navy, and black, I think. (I looked at various sources, but didn't exactly get a straight answer.) I decided to add a mood to the scheme by taking that idea and moving everything a step or two warmer. The blue is now a unique slightly teal blue, complemented by brown and gold tones. The supporting marks include a partial, and a few letter-based marks. I have also posted a sheet of cap options for people to weigh in on. C&C is greatly appreciated.

dust_devils_id.jpg

dust_devils_caps.jpg

I actually had this idea for the Dust Devils awhile ago. You've rendered the ball/devil very well, but I don't think it would hurt if you actually had a tornado or something, instead of just motion lines. The lines kinda ruin it for me, just my opinion though. The colors are nice and unique, so the motion lines are the only thing I would change.

I like the devil ball, but I honestly don't like how the motion swirls look. It just looks like a bunch of boomerangs around him to me. However, I think the devil guy himself is pretty nifty, though I think there should be more contrast between the two tans. What if you added a body to him, ala Mr. Met? I think that'd look very sweet. Something about the monogram logos and how it's just one letter on top of another is bothering me, but I can't really think of a better solution. I like all of the caps really, except for away cap 1 and alt cap 4.

Good work on this one, and I didn't comment on the snappers one but I think it's top notch. Reminds me of super mario.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

now i havent played the game since it was new, like forever ago, but first thing that popped in my head with that logo was that onion karate guy from Parappa the Rapper :)

I do like it thou, very nice...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I'm loving the colors (gorgeous palette!) and the typography for the Dust Devils. And I actually think that TC monogram is so strong and looks so great on a cap that I'd prefer it as the primary cap.

The devil/ball idea is great, but it looks really weird and slightly creepy when it's actually produced. However, given that this is for a minor league team, that completely works. Part of the appeal of minor league baseball (for me, anyway) is that you get off-the-wall team names, colors, and logos. Once again, you've nailed the minor league look.

As others have mentioned, the weak links here are the motion lines. I feel like the twister element needs to be more like one solid object, extending from the ball down to a point on the ground. That tornado/twister/dust devil object is notoriously hard to turn into a graphic, so I really feel for the challenge you've taken on. I just feel like it definitely needs some sort solid funnel cloud object. Good luck with it.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The Dust Devils happens to be my hometown team.

Im afraid to say i do not like it, I cant get into the idea of a floating head, and adding a body doesnt work cause a dust devil isnt a person

it needs to be some kind of "cyclone" with eyes or arms.

I like the idea of taking just the gold "face" of the current logo and placing it in front of the "TC"

I don't know if it is intentional but all your mascot logos look like stuffed animals. Too cute and fuzzy. Then you are trying to add attitude to that drawing style. It doesn't work. Look at the philly eagles to emulate line quality and attitude.

But this isn't a football logo. It's a Minor League Baseball logo. Straddling the line between cute and fierce is the name of the game. Maybe you could look up some MiLB logos and see where they are style-wise.

Bigbad, I can't see myself taking anything from the current logo for two reasons: 1) This is a re-brand. No copying. 2) That has to be one the the worst logos I have ever seen. I realize is a tricky idea to work with, but I have to be able to do better than what they have. The way I envisioned it, I thought the devil could be the master of the cyclone, like he's controlling it.

Also, I will work on the tornado part and see if I can come up with something better than the motion lines. Thanks to all that commented, and an update should be up within the next day or two.

actually just the gold part makes a nice dust devil logo

looks like a twister with a face that is kinda cute and kinda menacing

the blue tail and swirls looks awful

but....maybe try sticking the head over the tc

when we were the posse we had a ball wearing a cowboy hat with a handlebar mustache in front of "tc"

then maybe swirls around the entire logo

Thanks to everyone who commented. I have the initial stages for the next team: The Tri-City Dust Devils. If you want to see the utterly nasty logos they have now, you can click here. I tried to design a logo that capture the essence of swirling wind, but without the clunky-ness of the current. I also decided to work on the devil aspect by incorporating a creature that is half devil and half ball. The colors the team currently sports are royal, gold, navy, and black, I think. (I looked at various sources, but didn't exactly get a straight answer.) I decided to add a mood to the scheme by taking that idea and moving everything a step or two warmer. The blue is now a unique slightly teal blue, complemented by brown and gold tones. The supporting marks include a partial, and a few letter-based marks. I have also posted a sheet of cap options for people to weigh in on. C&C is greatly appreciated.

dust_devils_id.jpg

dust_devils_caps.jpg

Good logos! I'm a Dust Devils fan, and would like to see that logo. Have you got any uniform ideas yet?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

UPDATE: The more I looked at the devil ball, the less I liked it. So, instead the primary now features a cyclone with a devil tail. I have also edited the type style slightly. The uniforms feature subtle gold pinstripes on the primary home and away sets. I felt it was necessary to make the aways tan, to further the western/desert theme. C&C please.

dust_devils_id2.jpg

dust_devils_uniforms1.jpg

dust_devils_uniforms2.jpg

Well, you certainly fixed the dust devil aspect of the logo: it looks great. I'm a little sad to see the devil-ball go (I'd be curious to see if an arrangement like vmd9 suggested above could work... but it might be overkill), but this is still nice. The uniforms are, as usual, very well done. I love the brown alternate set.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived