MiLB Re-Brands

bohob

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't think of a way to improve these... nice job.

If you're taking requests, I'd love to see what you could do with the Madison Muskies. Even before I read the blog that was linked in this thread, I thought the Muskies should be brought back as a Triple-A affiliate for the Brewers.

GO FISH GO!

(Where is Leon Varjian these days?)

Packers-2.png

Not bad! I still don't care for the Timber Rattlers identity, but I wouldn't dislike it nearly as much if they actually made those changes.

GO FISH GO!

Indeed!

Not bad! I still don't care for the Timber Rattlers identity, but I wouldn't dislike it nearly as much if they actually made those changes.

GO FISH GO!

Indeed!

I'm not entirely sure that LEON knows where he is these days :-)

ON TOPIC - My first thoughts on seeing the oriingal concept was that it reminded me of the Tucson Toros of the 70s/80s. It may just be that the colors I'm seeing aren't what you're going for, as I see an oragney-yellow and red, no burgundy.

It's where I sit.

Wow. Major kudos on making this work for both the Foxes and the Timber Rattlers. While I'm partial to the Foxes' color scheme and name, you've really knocked the Rattlers' concept out of the park. The logos are superb: that snake looks amazing, and I think the W-snake works great as a cap logo. The colors are very nice. The type and numbers are simple, but certainly distinct enough to work well within the identity. As always, I lean toward the gray road uniforms, but that's just my taste. Great, great work on this bohob.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I dont think your secondary W logo with the snake head is an improvement to what the team uses now. The W as a snake looks way way to stiff for me, especially near the head. I like the wy it raps around the W on the real one rather than actually being the W in yours. On the Foxes one, if you could tilt the small words 'Wisconsin' and "Fox Valley" either forward or straight up and down that would be an improvement. Right now the slant back a bit and it looks off. Other than that these are good. I guess Im just used to what they use for real and see no reason for them to change. Timber Rattlers is a long name but simply Rattlers sounds awesome to me. I think the tertiary of the Fox head is really good here and think it could be a great primary logo if you added the city/state name.

Timber Rattlers is a long name but simply Rattlers sounds awesome to me. I think the tertiary of the Fox head is really good here and think it could be a great primary logo if you added the city/state name.

They're also known locally as the "T-Rats." I can speak with confidence on this, because I slept on their field this season.

Packers-2.png

Well, I have another team down, the Louisville Bats. I went with black and purple, like they currently have, but the purple is less blue, and I used lime green instead of yellow. I tried to go with a dark goth-like sense to capture the idea of the bat. I'll let you see for yourselves. C&C please.

bats_id.jpg

bats_uniforms1.jpg

bats_uniforms2.jpg

The Bats look very nice. The colors are wonderful, balanced, and appropriate. Once again, you've done a commendable job in capturing the "minor league" aesthetic throughout the entire package.

Two very minor quibbles: The lack of black in the primary road uni, when there's so much of it in the home uni. Of course, baseball teams have a well-established history of doing this sort of thing, so it's really not a biggie. Also, the LOUISVILLE wordmark on the road uniforms seems kinda bland when compared with the really dynamic wordmark on the home uniforms. Perhaps simply arching it would liven things up a bit.

dgnmrwrw, I see your point on the wordmark, hence an update. As for the color difference, I was of the line of thinking that it would be OK to do a split for the home/road colors. It, like everything else, is up for discussion, so if anyone else cares to weigh in, go for it.

bats_uniforms3.jpg

I seem to remember a long finger-wagging post thread topic lamenting the large number of uniform tweaks and the lack of original artwork and logo design in the Concepts section. So I have to ask: Why am I not getting the C&C I thought I deserved for a concept that is 100% original artwork? I mean, it's easy to complain, saying the boards aren't as good as they used to be, or that more people need to stretch their creative muscle, but when someone actually does an original concept, the proverbial "room" goes silent (or damn near). Do people not like what I'm putting out? Is nobody interested in Minor League Baseball design? I don't mean to be rude, but I think if people on these boards are going to call for more original work, then back it up. Comment. Helps those who are putting considerable effort into their work. If you guys want to keep this board great, reward the behavior you asked for.

/rant.

I seem to remember a long finger-wagging post thread topic lamenting the large number of uniform tweaks and the lack of original artwork and logo design in the Concepts section. So I have to ask: Why am I not getting the C&C I thought I deserved for a concept that is 100% original artwork? I mean, it's easy to complain, saying the boards aren't as good as they used to be, or that more people need to stretch their creative muscle, but when someone actually does an original concept, the proverbial "room" goes silent (or damn near). Do people not like what I'm putting out? Is nobody interested in Minor League Baseball design? I don't mean to be rude, but I think if people on these boards are going to call for more original work, then back it up. Comment. Helps those who are putting considerable effort into their work. If you guys want to keep this board great, reward the behavior you asked for.

/rant.

I'm with you 100% on this. Personally, I try to provide some constructive and specific feedback whenever I see that someone has put in some effort (instead of just recoloring a logo or uniform), whether it's barely a sketch in MSPaint or whether it's well-produced by someone with talent and tools. Even if people have no complaints or ideas for changes, it's good just to say that you like the work that's been produced. It's very frustrating to see original, time-consuming work passed over for the sake of logo recolors, "alternate" uniforms that are either recolors or throwbacks, yet another sig thread (no offense to those who make sigs; I know many are quite nice and involve a lot of time), or a concept that involves moving a stripe of two on a jersey that we've literally seen done two or three times before.

bohob, I'm thoroughly enjoying this series, as I've enjoyed everything I can remember you doing. I really hope you keep at it, and I really hope you start to get some more feedback. And, to get back on topic, I think the arched road wordmark for Louisville looks much better. Small change, but it really helps.

Well, I have another team down, the Louisville Bats. I went with black and purple, like they currently have, but the purple is less blue, and I used lime green instead of yellow. I tried to go with a dark goth-like sense to capture the idea of the bat. I'll let you see for yourselves. C&C please.

bats_id.jpg

bats_uniforms1.jpg

bats_uniforms2.jpg

Just curious, why not go purple for the home alt and black for the away alt?

I can't really comment on the uniforms, as I have no real sense of baseball aestheticism-- however the colors and logos are all wonderful.

One thing though-- I think some of the detail on the bat, especially the body, gets a bit lost when it's shrunk down some.

Also, I just thought I'd say that I think it would look awesome to put a bat silhouette on the hat-- sort of a Batman hat.

I get where you're coming from, it can get frustrating when you've come up with something completely original and it seems to go overlooked. However, consider this-- sometimes when I see something cool and original like this, I don't have anything to say other than "great job!" which I figure is just kind of post padding and like you said, you want C+C.

Foxes: Absolutely love the set. The colors and logos are spectacular and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Rattlers: I like it, it's clean and simple. The buttery sand road set, although unique, is not my favorite element of this set, and the gray should definitely stick. The block W snake, looks a bit odd. I'd use a more rounded shape so the snake would look less, well, broken.

Bats: Overall a nice set, but I'd like to see a stylized L or B for the main caps. Also, the bat does not stand out on the purple caps at all. The bat itself, though, is rendered very nicely, and the main logo is very nice.

Good work so far, and I do feel you on the fact that not many comments come with something original but don't let it stop you. I can't wait to see what you do with my personal favorite, the PawSox.

TDZiMMB.png

Archived