Mets uniform changes

SPORTSDOCTOR

okay no more rush talk. no more race talk. let's just talk unis. i think we can all agree we come to these boards to escape such things.

Agreed.

Now, I'm with you guys. I'm all for the Mets dropping black, period.

But I have way more of an issue with the fact that they have 2 "home" jerseys period. And honestly, I could deal with the black a little longer if they cleared up that mess.

But then again, I'm a guy who would take the racing stripes and the early 80's blue alt back in a heartbeat. EDIT: The blue alt I'm referring to was actually their road jersey, IIRC.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would much prefer the Mets get rid of the black, as I would prefer the Knicks did as well. In both cases it seems to me historically shameful, and design wise unnecessary.

I agree. The way the Mets wear it, it looks forced. The Knicks not so much but if they changed it to white or blue, I think it'd look better. Of course I would rather they wear their Patrick Ewing style, maybe updated like the Pistons did.I don't think the Sixers pulled it off.

Lyric line in Meet the Mets

"All the fans are true to the orange and blue"

That's all you need to know.

The Eagles fight song used to include the line:

"Fly, Eagles Fly... on the road to vic-tor-y"

"Fight, Eagles Fight... score a touchdown Green and White!"

When the song was revived (near the beginning of the midnight green and black era) the lyric was modified to:

"Fight, Eagles Fight... score a touchdown 1-2-3!"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When the song was revived (near the beginning of the midnight green and black era) the lyric was modified to:

Very interesting. My mom is an Eagles fan, so I've had to deal with hearing that song after every touchdown until I moved out haha. I never did know that.

And props to NJTank for calling out the little-known second verse.

Here's my question for the pundits on the board, obviously we know that the black won't be gone for 2010 by now. I guess what I'm curious about is do you think the Mets will make the black/blue cap an exclusive away cap like the Cardinals' navy one (I know it's currently designated as such, but since one of the survey questions from May was 'do you think the Mets should wear their blue hats more often at home" I'm thinking maybe they will consider that some sort of compromise?) And I think most Mets fans are holding out hope that amongst all the talks about the cream jerseys that a blue alt has snuck under the radar. So is this a fair question without asking for leaked info: how many jerseys will the Mets have next year? 4 or 5?

sig2024.png

"Meet the Mets" has to be be one of the best team songs. The interpolation of "The Sidewalks of New York" is such a nice touch. The Mets would be doing their fans wrong by not playing that song as much as possible at the stadium and on broadcasts, so my guess is that they don't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Very interesting. My mom is an Eagles fan, so I've had to deal with hearing that song after every touchdown until I moved out haha. I never did know that.

And props to NJTank for calling out the little-known second verse.

Here's my question for the pundits on the board, obviously we know that the black won't be gone for 2010 by now. I guess what I'm curious about is do you think the Mets will make the black/blue cap an exclusive away cap like the Cardinals' navy one (I know it's currently designated as such, but since one of the survey questions from May was 'do you think the Mets should wear their blue hats more often at home" I'm thinking maybe they will consider that some sort of compromise?) And I think most Mets fans are holding out hope that amongst all the talks about the cream jerseys that a blue alt has snuck under the radar. So is this a fair question without asking for leaked info: how many jerseys will the Mets have next year? 4 or 5?

Very interesting. I would love to see the blue hat become the only home cap(used with the cream-stripes and the snow whites), the blue/black used with the road jersey and, unfortunately, the all black used with the alt. However, my instincts tell me they're still going to wear the blue/black with the snow whites.

I'll say 4 jerseys - I would love a blue alt, but not while black is still around, because I doubt they'd resist the urge to somehow add black to that too.

You know what I COULD live with? Black becoming a road-only color. Might not be a terrible compromise.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived