2009/10 NHL Preview

NJTank

I hate to break it to you, but San Jose is prone to choking in the first round. This year will be no different.

How people can pick them to go far year after year is ridiculous.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I hate to break it to you, but San Jose is prone to choking in the first round. This year will be no different.

How people can pick them to go far year after year is ridiculous.

People are still holding out hope that they'll shake that label of chokers and actually do something in the playoffs, kinda like what Peyton Manning did back when people were all like "PEYTON MANNING CHOKEZZZZ!!2111 HELL NEVER GET PAST THE PATS, LET ALONE WIN SUPER BOWLL!!!!!"

Unfortunately, the Sharks don't have a "Peyton Manning" on their squad, so if they're going to shake that label, it won't be with this band of players.

That said, as much as I hate to be chalky when it comes to predictions...I could definitely see Pens/Wings Pt. III for the Cup again this year. Detroit still knows how to win in the playoffs, and I don't think that the Caps did enough to improve during the offseason, other than hoping that Ovy improves and that the rest of the team gels together. But yeah, if anybody's gonna dethrone the current rulers of the NHL, it'll be either Washington or Chicago.

You have Buffalo making the playoffs. That alone discredits your entire preview in my eyes.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

An update from my previous statement: Make that 16 games on TV today, as I am currently being treated to Wolves/Admirals, while my fiancee and I polish off some Thai delivery for dinner, and contemplate a second bottle of wine. Life, gentlemen, is good.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tank, you talk about the Blues not having their best player last year but you don't talk about Derrick Brassard from the Blue Jackets who missed most of last season after winning Rookie of the Month in October. How doesn't the addition of Brassard and the added production of the younger guys not improve the Blue Jackets?

6fQjS3M.png

You used the old Sharks logo on the cup.

Sharkcup.gif

:P

and Brent Sutter is the Flames coach not Brian...that being said I think the Jackets will get in over the Kings and Blues

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Kovale and LeClare are getting kind of old.

Leclaire's age isn't the concern. He's not that old. The concern surrounding Leclaire is injury problems. He's never played a full season, hell, I don't think he's ever played a full half season. When he's on he can be one of the best in the game, but when he's off he's bad and he's pretty fragile.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Kovale and LeClare are getting kind of old.

Leclaire's age isn't the concern. He's not that old. The concern surrounding Leclaire is injury problems. He's never played a full season, hell, I don't think he's ever played a full half season. When he's on he can be one of the best in the game, but when he's off he's bad and he's pretty fragile.

'07/'08 was his breakout year right?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived