NFL Concepts

HarperK

There's a few teams in the league who I think would look 100x better with some tweaks, staying pretty much true to their current look. This thread is the result of that.

First up is New England...

Version 1 sets:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/315design/Pats1.png

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/315design/Pats2.png

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/315design/Pats3.png

HOME (Left Primary, Right Alternate)

Pats4.png

ROAD

Pats5-1.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I think you have too many jerseys here. Drop the white on white and the silver on silver. That would leave just four combos, and it would look pretty good. If you want a road alt really bad, go with navy pants instead of white pants, it would look much better IMO. That being said, I really like what you did with the away jerseys though. They look great! So does the red alt.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

You had me at "Primary Home/Road." After that, there are too many combos. If you need an alt, I'd stick with the red jersey, but perhaps add a blue side panel to tie it into the blue stripe on the pants.

Interestingly, it would seem like putting silver pants with the white jersey might look too much like the Cowboys. However, there is just enough red in the set to distinguish this from the Cowboys set.

All in all, I like the tweaks you've made. The silver shoulder wedge (?) with blue sleeves on the white jersey looks really nice. I also like the blue facemask. I've always thought the red looks out of place with the predominance of blue in the set.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'd say you are off to a good start with these. Problem is, obviously, too many combos. Also, why isn't there Navy side-panels on the White jersey? I would keep the Silver wedge, Navy sleeves and sides, Red piping combo on all the jerseys. Continuity my dear Watson. Nothing like a Sherlock Holmes reference to keep a post fresh. I would keep the Navy and the Silver pants that you have now, as those will fit with all of the jerseys if they are done like I said. I'd also drop the Red jersey, keep the Silver. You did a great job, I just think everything needs to fit together better, hopefully my suggestions achieve that. And yes, the Silver jersey as I stated would have a Silver wedge, if that doesn't look good you could try White.

I was just throwing out as many different combos for u guys, not like i thought they should wear them all. If it were me It'd be the primary home/road, and the red alternate

Personally, leaving aside historical debates about how Patriots didn't wear red etc etc, I would have the Pats in red, if only to make it a little more unique in the NFL. I know other teams wear red, but only the Chiefs in the AFC have red as there primary jersey, and I think a predominantly red jersey with blue trims is more reminiscent of the Stars and Stripes (and whats more patriotic than that!) Anyhoo that aside, a decent job here, even if it is overloaded.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

ive always thought the Pats should have a blue face mask too. i like the balance of that with the rest of the uni's colors. i love the home/away and monochrome sets, but the alternates dont do anything for me, but on the red jersey i would rather see blue stripes than grey.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Bengals

CINCY1.png

CINCY2.png

As a Bengals fan, this is what I would want to see. Love that you got rid of the stupid panels up the side, and filled in the stripes on the pants at the top. I would only make a few tweeks to what you have.

1.) Get rid of the extra stripes on the helmet you added to the helmet

2.) Try capping the white and black jersey sleeves with orange, then add the black stripes. Not fond of the reversed out stripes.

Otherwise, great job. And i would buy that orange jersey as is!

Thats really good for a Bengals concept, coming from another Bengals fan. I would echo that the extra helmet stripes are excessive, and that the mostly Black sleeves with Orange stripes do not work. Everything else looks great as is. I would make the Orange jersey the primary and the Black one the alternate. Would White piping instead of Black work on the Black pants? It just might. Nice work.

Thats really good for a Bengals concept, coming from another Bengals fan. I would echo that the extra helmet stripes are excessive, and that the mostly Black sleeves with Orange stripes do not work. Everything else looks great as is. I would make the Orange jersey the primary and the Black one the alternate. Would White piping instead of Black work on the Black pants? It just might. Nice work.

yeah i tried the white on black pants idea, along with every other possible combo and it just looked wierd to me...i might just have a new pants design all together, i thought it was the weak point of the whole set

i think the Bengals set is amazing! i kind of think it would be better if the pants stripe didnt converge into that maryland/vikings esque pipe it would be better.

but, i have no idea why people on the boards do better jobs of designing uniforms than actual teams themselves.

great conept

Patriots

Looks really nice. Love the navy facemask over. Looks much better than the red one. Only critique I can really think of is that the stripes on the roads don't match up. On the navy and red jerseys the pants stripe matches with the jersey. So I'd say either make the area between the piping on the sides of the jerseys navy or make it to where the pants use a white stripe with stripes to match the piping outside of that.

Bengals

Doesn't get much better than that. Absolutely love the removal of that goofy white side panel. I've always thought that if they just did that it'd make their uniforms a hundred better.

Archived