South Carolina and Maryland to wear camouflage 11/14

BigEd76

AP:

The South Carolina and Maryland football teams will wear uniforms with camouflage designs for their games on Nov. 14, two days before Veterans Day.

An announcement was scheduled Tuesday by the schools. The effort will honor those who have served in the military and promote the Wounded Warrior Project.

The black and tan camouflage uniforms, designed by Under Armour, will have a Wounded Warrior logo patch. The jerseys worn by the Gamecocks and Terrapins will have words such as courage, loyalty and integrity on their backs.

No. 23 South Carolina hosts No. 2 Florida on Nov. 14, while Maryland plays at home against No. 15 Virginia Tech.

The Wounded Warrior Project provides services and programs for injured military men and women.

Maryland:

FE_DA_091020whispers-underarmour-commitment.jpg

South Carolina:

s785-usc_camo_unis.lead_art_horizontal.prod_affiliate.74.jpg

Awesome camo cleats as well!:

FE_DA_091020whispers-underarmour-cleats.jpg

Exactly what I hoped it would be, both teams taking thier normal template and adding camo elements in, looks fantastic! Things like these are what make our soldiers proud, I wish teams would do more thinks like this to honor those who need our support more than anyone...

I think the bigger and better question here is this: are both teams going to be wearing black jerseys? Both jerseys shown are black. Both teams also regularly sport white helmets...and pants, most of the time. And red and garnet are pretty darn similar. Hmmm....

...While I can appreciate the (good cause) behind this, the execution of the design gets a big "meh" at best from me. (At the very least, they could have kept the respective teams' current number fonts...but them cleats are all kinds of cool.) But hell...if football players and plenty other regular common folk like dressing up in digicam, they may as well head on over to the nearest recruiting station, raise their right hand, and sign on the dotted line. Come on in...we got PLENTY digicam for y'all to wear!!! :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

the flags are backwards, or on the wrong sleeves

That's on purpose. It signifies going into battle or something. Because if you were running with a flag it would be facing behind you

Correct. They're intentionally designed as if it were blowing in the breeze.

Now..as to why the flag patch is backwards on the right sleeve of that jersey above, as Slapshot just pointed out, I haven't the foggiest...especially considering that's the sleeve on which we wear our flag patches to begin with!!! :wacko:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I think the bigger and better question here is this: are both teams going to be wearing black jerseys? Both jerseys shown are black. Both teams also regularly sport white helmets...and pants, most of the time. And red and garnet are pretty darn similar. Hmmm..

Sure, since South Carolina's playing Florida & Maryland's playing Virginia Tech, I'm pretty sure that they won't have to worry about clashing. :P

With that said, yeah. Kinda meh, but at least they didn't get too crazy with it. Those cleats are hot though!

I think the bigger and better question here is this: are both teams going to be wearing black jerseys? Both jerseys shown are black. Both teams also regularly sport white helmets...and pants, most of the time. And red and garnet are pretty darn similar. Hmmm..

Sure, since South Carolina's playing Florida & Maryland's playing Virginia Tech, I'm pretty sure that they won't have to worry about clashing. :P

With that said, yeah. Kinda meh, but at least they didn't get too crazy with it. Those cleats are hot though!

Oh...that makes sense. My dumb ass is sitting here thinking they're playing each other.

Yep...go ahead and slap the word "FAIL" on my forehead.

Oh dear lord.

I'm all for "good causes" but this is pretty bad. They could have gone with a much better design. All in all I think it will all be forgiven because of WHY they are doing it, but in my mind its still pretty bad. Thankfully the jerseys aren't entirely in camo....that would have been terrible.

Archived