WCHA redesign/edgification

mcrosby

Here's an update to the UND jersey. Though I tried to keep the use of the Sioux head logo to a secondary level for PC reasons it seems that the majority wants it up front. I've done that and put the state outlind/ND logo on the shoulders. I've also used the color used as the skin color in the logo a bit more. I hadn't thought of it before, but the color is unique and, in my opinion, works great with the white. To the bottom stripe I've added the phrase "fight on sioux", part of UND's school song.

UNDjerseysnew.png

And here is the Minnesota State-Mankato Mavericks set. I've simplified the bulls head and removed yellow from the set since half of the WCHA uses some yellow or gold, mostly yellow. I tried to keep the set simple, while still bringing something new to the table.

Let's get some C&C and requests for the next WCHA team.

mankatojerseys.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the yellow with Mankato. I know that they are D-1 in hockey but Winona State is a close rival in d-2 and they have the same exact colors. Plus with the Vikings holding training camp in Mankato it really makes sense for them to have yellow.

Keep the yellow with Mankato. I know that they are D-1 in hockey but Winona State is a close rival in d-2 and they have the same exact colors. Plus with the Vikings holding training camp in Mankato it really makes sense for them to have yellow.

Agreed!

I agree with ManKat needing gold, however I really don't hate it without, you did real good with just the black and purple. Also, nice update on UND, I never thought to the skintone color on the jersey either, it looks good. Personally I wouldn't like to see it in real life, but concept wise it's aight.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

oh my god. That Wisconsin alternate is SICK... but i would've liked to see the full out bucky sweater too.

Sioux's a girl's name: the new home and away look nice, i don't know about the tan you threw in there, probably would look cleaner without it.

that alternate is just wow. whole lot going on, love the feathers and the logo.

Minnesota Jr: nice clean set. maybe an Alt with your uMd logo on it in gold?

St Cloud is not a State: I would leave the logo the way it was, theoretically the new one should look more balanced but it looks unnatural. and the 3rd is OK.

edit: not crazy about the font either. number's look out of place.

St Cloud rejects: probably a little bit of yellow just to spice it up, looks kinda plain without it.

Husky Huskies: very nice home and away set you have going there. Alternate logo needs something but you've already addressed that.

What's a Seawolf?: ending set looks good.

Denver rejects: nothing eye popping but good nonetheless

GREAT WORK, keep it up, and ON WISCONSIN

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Thanks for the C&C everyone. MiK, I love the sig, and ON WISCONSIN.I think I'll be keeping the yellow out of Mankato set, as I said before, yellow is used by so many WCHA teams. Next up is Denver University. The home and road use elements from many of their old sets. The collar is from the top two jerseys in this picture. The arched Denver above numbers seems to be a staple of DU hockey. The stripes are very traditional, except for the bottom stripe, which I have cut off on the front. The alternate is based loosely the old Colorado Avalanche jersey which everyone, including me, loves so much. The mountains are from a DU lacrosse logo I found and slightly modified. I also updated the DU monogram for the alternate, and made a number font to match.

Without further ado, the Denver Pioneers.

DenverUniversity.png

Thanks for the C&C everyone. MiK, I love the sig, and ON WISCONSIN.I think I'll be keeping the yellow out of Mankato set, as I said before, yellow is used by so many WCHA teams. Next up is Denver University. The home and road use elements from many of their old sets. The collar is from the top two jerseys in this picture. The arched Denver above numbers seems to be a staple of DU hockey. The stripes are very traditional, except for the bottom stripe, which I have cut off on the front. The alternate is based loosely the old Colorado Avalanche jersey which everyone, including me, loves so much. The mountains are from a DU lacrosse logo I found and slightly modified. I also updated the DU monogram for the alternate, and made a number font to match.

DenverUniversity.png

I love the home and away. They're perfect. I like the alternate jersey too, but, to me, it seems like the mountains on the sleeves is a little much. Could just be me though. Overall, Denver's awesome.

Like everyone else I love the Sioux's alt. The sublimation effect is really cool, although the more I look at it the more it looks like a leprechaun outfit. I wonder what that feather might look like on the outside of the sleeves instead of the insides, when players arms are down it might be impossible to see the feather as is. Either way, very cool!

DenverUniversity.png

I love the home and away. They're perfect. I like the alternate jersey too, but, to me, it seems like the mountains on the sleeves is a little much. Could just be me though. Overall, Denver's awesome.

Agreed.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived