The New USFL

rentz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Im in the minority here because I do not like the placement of the eagle head on the helmet. waayyyy to big for me. it reminds me of the michigan panthers helmets if im remembering them correctly. the helmet that dravencult posted of the eagle on the helmet looks likes its in a different spot and i really really like that one and the way it forms around the ear hole. its big but not as big as Nole's. the bird does look nice though and should stay a silhouette in my mind just the way it is.

Just a few miscellaneous thoughts...

Love the Federals look. Nice execution, nice revamp of what by now would've become a dated look.

The teams colors, for those wondering, were chosen by their original owner based on the colors of his personal boat - green, black and white.

I'm not feeling the league logo at all though. One thing I always thought would've been a nice update would have been for something similar to what the NFL did with the post-9/11 Super Bowl XXXVI logo - a flag pattern of some sort inside an outline of the "lower 48," replete with a "USFL" wordmark incorporated into it somehow.

nav-logo.png

I was a fan of the original color set for the Federals. Using red and blue for DC is so cliche. I would have gone with a kelly green, black and a brighter metallic gold for the color scheme. As for the logo, it's quite good.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

For the Fixer: The logo is an Eagle because the original logo is an Eagle. There is the obvious patriotic connection with Washington DC. However, with the money/bank theme, I present to you an alternate logo of Federalist Alexander Hamilton, founder of the first national bank:

aham-1.png

Also, thanks dravencult!

this is flippin awesome!

10titles.jpg

For the Fixer: The logo is an Eagle because the original logo is an Eagle. There is the obvious patriotic connection with Washington DC. However, with the money/bank theme, I present to you an alternate logo of Federalist Alexander Hamilton, founder of the first national bank:

aham-1.png

Also, thanks dravencult!

NP

aham-1.png

Also, thanks dravencult!

NP

Wow. Honestly, man....you need to contact someone in the New USFL and try to sell your logo. No way in hell those concepts get turned down.

I was a fan of the original color set for the Federals. Using red and blue for DC is so cliche. I would have gone with a kelly green, black and a brighter metallic gold for the color scheme. As for the logo, it's quite good.

Yes yes yes.

I'd say stick with the original colors simply for continuity's sake. Kelly green, silver and black look good together the way the Federals of the original USFL did it. Swap out gold with silver and add the slightest bit of black here and there. (Facemask, a stripe or two, etc.) (And that's saying a lot from me because I hate the prominence given to black in most modern sports uniforms. With the Federals though, it just worked.)

Thanks for the comments.

You're right about Hamilton, but I think his staunch federalism and being founder of the federal bank makes him a reasonable logo/mascot.

Here's what will probably be the final uniforms and I can finally move on to another team. (Probably the Jacksonville Bulls but I'm not sure.) The Seal of the United States has been placed on the shoulders. The colors have been changed to a dark forest green and a very pale gold.

feduniforms.png

feduniformsat.png

Honestly, if the new USFL wanted these logos I would let them use them for free. I'm sixteen, not a professional graphic designer so it would just be cool for me to see my work being used.

I'm honestly extremely stoked for the new USFL. Don't get me wrong the NFL is great and I'm an avid Ravens fan. But, I've been waiting for something to come along that would give football fans a run for their money. The XFL had potential, just the wrong owner. This new UFL stuff is a waste. Absolutely no one knows about it and every uniform for each team is the same, just a different color scheme. It's a total waste of time. As for your uniform concept, I love it. The color scheme is very fitting and the logos are very DC. Kudos on a job well done.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Nole, that Feds concept is brilliant. I'd buy a jersey with Alexander Hamilton's face on it :D

I'm honestly extremely stoked for the new USFL. Don't get me wrong the NFL is great and I'm an avid Ravens fan. But, I've been waiting for something to come along that would give football fans a run for their money. The XFL had potential, just the wrong owner. This new UFL stuff is a waste. Absolutely no one knows about it and every uniform for each team is the same, just a different color scheme. It's a total waste of time. As for your uniform concept, I love it. The color scheme is very fitting and the logos are very DC. Kudos on a job well done.

CFL. That is all.

The CFL is cool but it's not real football. Football is played woth 11 guys on the field for each team, uses 4 down, and the field is 120 yards from the back of the endzone to the back of the endzone.

I find it amusing that a Raiders fan is telling me what "real football" is.

Actually the CFL can be traced back to the 1860's, more than half a century before the NFL.

+1

You'd be better off investing your time in getting to know the UFL a little better. Their chances of survival are far better than the new USFL's chances of ever playing a game.

Archived