Bengals Concept

lancebridwell

Neo_Prankster is right, as far as the tiger-striped helmet. However, I would perfer this to the "B" logo they now have. That logo is so redundant, if you ask me. I do wonder, though--what was wrong with that Bengal/Bengal-head display logo?

As for this logo, it might make a good anniversary patch, or something to that effect.

1. Very few cities can pull off the skyline logo. There are only a few "iconic" buildings out there, and only a few recognizable skylines. Cincinnati has neither.

2. Passive voice sucks. I hate when I get someone's voice mail, and the greeting is "you've reached the voice mail of so-and-so." It's so-and-so's voice mail. We aren't in France.

3. Paws shouldn't be a part of any men's team's logo above the junior-high level. It's an easy cop-out for a cat themed team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2lw0lcn.jpg

Not sure the motion lines really work with the bengal-head logo, since a head can't really move on its own. Motion lines on major-league logos just look corny.

Also, maybe try something other than a stock brush script for the Cincinnati wordmark. That script really doesn't fit with anything you're trying to do here. It looks like you just picked a font from your PC, spelled out Cincinnati, and slapped it on top of what I assume is an actual Bengals wordmark.

Also, picking pieces out of existing logos and presenting them as logos is rarely a good idea (unless you're pulling the head off of a full drawing of an animal.) Nobody would have any idea what the eye logo is supposed to be. I look at it and I think that it's maybe a Kiss logo or something. Having two equally sized separate drawings as one logo is also a bad idea.

Screams EPIC PHIAL

Shut. Up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, maybe try something other than a stock brush script for the Cincinnati wordmark. That script really doesn't fit with anything you're trying to do here. It looks like you just picked a font from your PC, spelled out Cincinnati, and slapped it on top of what I assume is an actual Bengals wordmark.

No, actually it's not standard Bengals font. It's Nascar BT, and I was looking for kind of a retro-to-present look with that, but I'm going to keep updating this.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

Spammy, you're not impressing anyone. Also, I don't think he was referring to the PH, which is very trendy of you, but you spelled it phIAl.

As for the logos, I think the "eyes" logo has the most potential but it is not immediately obvious it's a Bengals logo. I'm not sure I'd be able to identify it without context.

what is the significants of the orange shape in front? it looks like an aquaduct or bridge. you have 2 different colors of orange. that needs to be changes but honestly this is not a football logo. at least it doesnt look like it. only 3 nfl teams even have words in their primary logos and this one has both the city and mascot. i just dont get this. the bengals currently have an incredible identity package. that bengal face is awesome and the B works fine as well.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the Cincinnati skyline in the original attempt. Are those 2 buildings on the right supposed to be P&G? And the PNC bank / Central Trust tower should stand out more.

I agree with the earlier comment that not every city has an iconic skyline.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

Spammy, you're not impressing anyone. Also, I don't think he was referring to the PH, which is very trendy of you, but you spelled it phIAl.

As for the logos, I think the "eyes" logo has the most potential but it is not immediately obvious it's a Bengals logo. I'm not sure I'd be able to identify it without context.

Yeah Spammy, you started off just as bad or worst then this, so you really have no room to talk.

As for the Concept, like Nole said I think the eyes logo looks the best, maybe add some stripes and more of the face around it to mimic LSU's midfield logo.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but the eyes logo remind me a little too much of KISS to be honest ... Gene $immons in particular ... and you know the old bastard would try and sue you.

At least if you're going to have a skyline in this logo you should use downtown Cincinnati. However, as a Bengals fan, I'm not a fan of this logo because, beyond the orange, it has nothing to do with the Bengals (no tiger, stripes, etc.).

Sorry, but the eyes logo remind me a little too much of KISS to be honest ... Gene $immons in particular ... and you know the old bastard would try and sue you.

You beat me to it.

ebq.png

bufg.png

Archived