Philadelphia Union Jersey Unveiled

BB61

$69.99 for a replica soccer jersey? I know nothing about soccer or soccer jerseys, but that seems really high to me. Is that normal? What does an authentic cost?

$89.99.

Au contraire, mon ami. The Philadelphia Union authentics cost $109.99. Or, if you'd like long sleeves, $119.99.

That's pretty steep, considering the Rapids sell both long and short sleeves for $90.

Ouch. The price I posted was for 2009 Authentics. Although it looks like Adidas/MLS are raising the jersey prices for next season (stating the obvious). I expect a personalized short sleeve authentic jersey to sell for $120 or more next season. Also, if/when Philadelphia Union has a sponsor on the front, I am theorizing that fans would also buy that jersey as well as already having purchased the blank jerseys.

I've read a report that once the Union signs a sponsor, fans will be able to bring their shirts in to the team shop to have a sponsor patch sewn on.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$69.99 for a replica soccer jersey? I know nothing about soccer or soccer jerseys, but that seems really high to me. Is that normal? What does an authentic cost?

$89.99.

Au contraire, mon ami. The Philadelphia Union authentics cost $109.99. Or, if you'd like long sleeves, $119.99.

That's pretty steep, considering the Rapids sell both long and short sleeves for $90.

Ouch. The price I posted was for 2009 Authentics. Although it looks like Adidas/MLS are raising the jersey prices for next season (stating the obvious). I expect a personalized short sleeve authentic jersey to sell for $120 or more next season. Also, if/when Philadelphia Union has a sponsor on the front, I am theorizing that fans would also buy that jersey as well as already having purchased the blank jerseys.

I've read a report that once the Union signs a sponsor, fans will be able to bring their shirts in to the team shop to have a sponsor patch sewn on.

Well that?s convenient, however, not without a price.

$89.99.

Well that?s convenient, however, not without a price.

thats not necessarily true, DC United sold just the plain black jerseys until they got VW as a shirt sponsor then they offered people who bought the blank jersey the option to get the VW logo screen printed on for free. Union could do the same thing.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Which was the report I heard. No confirmation yet, but there's no indication that they'll use this as an opportunity to screw over the fans.

Indeed, since this team was awarded by MLS in no small measure because of its rabid fanbase, I'd be surprised if Union did something so tone-deaf.

I have heard/read several reports that Panasonic is the odds-on-favorite be Union's sponsor.

In which case, it may look something like this:

unionjersey.gif

I was really hoping for A&E, as a sweet 'Parking Wars' tie-in.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Did I miss something?

Why is the blue so dark and what happened to the yellow??? Why is it gold?

The jersey image came directly from Union's store site, and I actually *lightened* it so it didn't look black.

According to their site, the jersey's colors are "dark navy" and "natural khaki", so I'd expect the "yellow" to be the exact same color khaki you find in the crest.

I cannot fathom why anyone would voluntarily have a sponsor's logo sewed onto their replica shirt. From a purely aesthetic point of view it's a bizarre choice to make. It's bad enough that clubs do not offer the option of purchasing sponsor-free shirts, thus forcing us as supporters to pay for the privilege of providing free advertising. These companies must be laughing their behinds off.

I'm not one of those blind traditionalists that thinks the trend of commercialization can be reversed. I think it's bad business for these companies to waste their marketing dollars on such sponsorships. Sure helped AIG to sponsor Man United. Sure helped XL to sponsor West Ham United. I still have no idea what "xango" is. I have a faint idea what "Herbalife" is, but my opinion of them does not change because they sponsor the Galaxy. Galaxy shirts are all the more comical for older folk like myself who remember the 90s when "herb" was slang for "loser."

nice ajax-type jersey

no fan at all of the light blue line (I know it's supposed to represent the fansgroups who came up with that color or so)

no fan either of the placement of the adidas logo + the too busy bottom colar just disturbs me

the MLS/Flag thing is cool, I don't care if it's tacky.

Still hoping that the Philly Union colors Blude/Gold are a lot diffrent to what LA Galaxy has tough.

:blink:

What yellow? It's always been navy and gold.

Really???? :wacko:

Wow.

maybe its just my computer but if you look at the very first post in this thread you see a darker royal blue and yellow. Again, maybe its just my computer, but thats what I was basing my comments on. Truth be told, I actually prefer the royal blue and yellow over the navy and gold.

:blink:

What yellow? It's always been navy and gold.

Really???? :wacko:

Wow.

maybe its just my computer but if you look at the very first post in this thread you see a darker royal blue and yellow. Again, maybe its just my computer, but thats what I was basing my comments on. Truth be told, I actually prefer the royal blue and yellow over the navy and gold.

This pic?

%7Bde043b4c-dad1-4efc-b730-e9c9949aa88d%7D_jersey.jpg

Still not really yellow to my eye. The second photo (product image) has been run through PhotoShop and isn't terribly indicative of the actual color. The real thing is closer to the first graphic, but the jersey is definitely gold.

In addition to Panasonic the other rumored Sponsor is Comcast. I would suspect that if there is a Panasonic logo on the jersey it maybe the Viera logo since that is basically their whole TV division and the screen at the stadium will most likely be titled that.

In addition to Panasonic the other rumored Sponsor is Comcast. I would suspect that if there is a Panasonic logo on the jersey it maybe the Viera logo since that is basically their whole TV division and the screen at the stadium will most likely be titled that.

If Comcast is their sponsor, there's no way in hell I will ever buy that jersey, no matter how much I like it. I HATE Comcast.

Archived