Philadelphia Union Jersey Unveiled

BB61

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Adidas kit has stripes? Really? Are we still surprised by this?

These look sharp, though I was hoping they'd use the light blue as a jersey base, since it'd be rather unique in MLS.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

These look sharp, though I was hoping they'd use the light blue as a jersey base, since it'd be rather unique in MLS.

Colorado's change kit is light blue; maybe Philly will have one as well, though my money's on a white kit...

I like the colors and the jersey (it's hard to mess up navy and gold) but, as someone mentioned before, the design makes it hard to add a sponsor's patch up front.

Colorado's change kit is light blue; maybe Philly will have one as well, though my money's on a white kit...

I like the colors and the jersey (it's hard to mess up navy and gold) but, as someone mentioned before, the design makes it hard to add a sponsor's patch up front.

How about a gold jersey?

Very nice jersey!

Just wondering....will they continue the yellow stripe down to the shorts? I'd imagine they wouldn't, but I'm just wondering if it will still look this good with the shorts.

You mean going straight down the crotch? I sure hope not. 3 stipes down the sides of the shorts wouldn't look bad, and a safe bet for what they will do.

I agree with others about the sponsor logo possilby not matching up with the thick jersey stripe. I'll reserve judgment until then.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

So why is there an American flag patch on the sleeve?

Is this the US National team?

Do they think people don't know where Philadelphia is?

I believe that 14 of the 15 MLS teams already use an American flag patch on the sleeve.

True enough.

It's a terribly stupid conceit, but not one we can lay at the feet of Union.

Not a fan...Adidas kit is weak.

My guess is that the kit sponsor will be Panasonic, since they are the team and stadium sponsor.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm a bit disappointed with these. I'm a fan of the center stripe and also the crest in the center, but I wish the stripe went all the way to the neck on these. As for the sponsor, they'll probably just put a gap in the stripe where that is.

I like the jerseys they have here. It could have been better, the main thing I would have liked to see was the center stripe going all the way up the jersey, but they are still very good. I think Philadelphia is the nicest looking club in the league, I'm still in love with that crest.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The more I see Philadelphia's visual identity, the more impressed I am.

This is what the New England Revolution should have done. The colors are steeped in the Revolutionary War, but are far more interesting than the overdone red and blue. The crest icons are similarly grounded in the period, but are more distinct than yet another boring flag design.

Two teams with identical origins for their identity. One is a warmed over retread of countless earlier designs, one is dynamic, distinctive and new. I really hope this is a reflection on where the league has come since 1996.

$69.99 for a replica soccer jersey? I know nothing about soccer or soccer jerseys, but that seems really high to me. Is that normal? What does an authentic cost?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

$69.99 for a replica soccer jersey? I know nothing about soccer or soccer jerseys, but that seems really high to me. Is that normal? What does an authentic cost?

$89.99.

Au contraire, mon ami. The Philadelphia Union authentics cost $109.99. Or, if you'd like long sleeves, $119.99.

That's pretty steep, considering the Rapids sell both long and short sleeves for $90.

$89.99.

Au contraire, mon ami. The Philadelphia Union authentics cost $109.99. Or, if you'd like long sleeves, $119.99.

That's pretty steep, considering the Rapids sell both long and short sleeves for $90.

Ouch. The price I posted was for 2009 Authentics. Although it looks like Adidas/MLS are raising the jersey prices for next season (stating the obvious). I expect a personalized short sleeve authentic jersey to sell for $120 or more next season. Also, if/when Philadelphia Union has a sponsor on the front, I am theorizing that fans would also buy that jersey as well as already having purchased the blank jerseys.

Archived