Philadelphia Union Jersey Unveiled

BB61

From what I know the MLS Sponsorships need to be in the form of a company that is based in the city that they represent. For example RSL = Xango, a Utah based company, DCU = Volkswagen, US offices in DC Area, etc.. So other than Comcast and Panasonic what other companies have their US HQ in Philly. The only other one I saw in that area is Campbell's Soup.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I know the MLS Sponsorships need to be in the form of a company that is based in the city that they represent. For example RSL = Xango, a Utah based company, DCU = Volkswagen, US offices in DC Area, etc.. So other than Comcast and Panasonic what other companies have their US HQ in Philly. The only other one I saw in that area is Campbell's Soup.

Expanding the list:

Amigo Energy - Corporate HQ in Houston;

BMO - Corporate HQ in Montreal (sponsor will probably switch clubs once Montreal is in MLS);

Glidden - Originally founded in Cleveland in 1875;

Herbalife - Corporate HQ in Los Angeles;

Microsoft - Corporate HQ in Redmond, WA.

Expanding the list:

Amigo Energy - Corporate HQ in Houston;

BMO - Corporate HQ in Montreal (sponsor will probably switch clubs once Montreal is in MLS);

Glidden - Originally founded in Cleveland in 1875;

Herbalife - Corporate HQ in Los Angeles;

Microsoft - Corporate HQ in Redmond, WA.

Amway Global - Based or has offices in Sunnyvale, CA

Best Buy - Based in Minnesota but given that there is no other team in upper midwest its OK (I also think its a special agreement with MLS).

Red Bull - They kinda own the team so they have an exemption

Comex - Chivas USA has a complicated agreement with MLS to have matching sponsors with the Mexican team.

FC Dallas did use ESPNDallas.com for a few games this past season.

• 3 weeks later...

On a side note to the Union.

Phila. Union just signed a partnership with a PDL (USL) club in Reading, PA. The club was Reading Rage but have changed their name and logo for the partnership. They are now Reading United A.C. and have gone from this logo

Readingrage.jpg

to this:

Readingunited.jpg

That train looks like it was copied from somewhere else and pasted onto the keystone. Especially since the black doesn't match the charcoal. It should have been drawn with much less detail - there's way too many lines and little details for it to really be an effective logo. The fonts clash too.

Could be great, but sucks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That train looks like it was copied from somewhere else and pasted onto the keystone. Especially since the black doesn't match the charcoal. It should have been drawn with much less detail - there's way too many lines and little details for it to really be an effective logo. The fonts clash too.

I think you summed it up perfectly right here.

I think you summed it up perfectly right here.

Still a VAST improvement over the Rage's logo though...

bYhYmxh.png

Agreed with all points on the RUAC rebrand. The change is a complete improvement, and the crest is just a few tweaks from incredible. Also, I recommend going "Reading United" or "Reading Utd" on the banner, then "A" and "C" on separate sides on the little...ribbon-y things. (No clue what they're called.)

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• 2 months later...

Archived