Texans to go "ketchup bottle" for MNF tonight

mmejia

Does anyone else think that sleeve logos are awful looking? Unless of course they are big enough, like Seattle pre 2002 and I think New Orleans' current uniforms. Those sleeve logos on the Titans' jerseys are just a tad bigger than the RBK logo.

I think it depends on the shape of the logo. Yeah, the Titans sleeve logo looks bad, as does the Falcons, but there are several that look good. As for the Titans, remember that even though it looks bad when it's re-sized for the on-field cut of the sleeves, it's probably much bigger on the replica jerseys, which is probably what they care more about, since that's probably the biggest selling item.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game last night, and I noticed something that I hadn't seen before. There were a TON of bootleg "authentic" jerseys being worn. You will usually see one or two fakes in the concourse during the course of a game, but it was like there was a sale on e-bay or something.

And it was obvious that they were bootlegs because the numbering and lettering was so comically out-of-proportion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely wouldn't mind seeing the Texans go with the look they rolled out last night as a full-time home look, on ONE condition:

That the Atlanta Falcons revert to going with their black jerseys as full-time home jerseys.

I say that for two reasons: one, I am overly sick and tired of all the navy that dominates the aesthetic of pro football (and, by and large, pro sports as a whole), and two, the Falcons have never looked right to me in red primaries. (Of course, those who were Falcons fans pre-Jerry Glanville would argue that black primaries never looked right...but I digress.)

It may just be me, but the Texans just look so "right" in red primaries (I wouldn't even mind them doing so with navy socks to balance things out with the helmet). Anyone else agree?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree with you about the Falcons. I've wanted them to go back to black jerseys as home uniforms for a while now. The red unis were nice as an alternate, and they were kinda cool as a primary, but it's run its course. I've always felt that the Falcons would have an awesome primary set if they went black jersey/white pants and white jersey/black pants. But alas, I am just a fan. :(

As for the Texans, as much as I like their red jersey, I still feel that their primary set with the navy jersey/white pants and white jersey/navy pants is one of the top in the league. So yeah, I think that they're perfect as is...and I'm especially glad to see that they didn't go all red last night. That was a relief.

Archived