Texans to go "ketchup bottle" for MNF tonight

mmejia

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they've past the point where they can complain about the Oilers leaving.

No, we can still complain (at least by the people on this call-in show I'm listening to right now). But mostly nostalgia has set in and there will be Oiler jerseys at the game. Of course those jerseys will be worn by people in the crowd and not by any players on the field.

RE: socks

Apparently, the players hated wearing them so the only time we see them is with the red pants and jersey. I'm all for the craziness of Battle Red Day, but blue pants would go a long way to making this look work.

Oh and I hope ESPN doesn't claim that the Astrodome is demolished as they did during the Vikings/Texans preseason game. They did it while looking at a shot of Reliant Stadium which is in spitting distance of the Astrodome.

262213636_a618a509c2.jpg

I can forgive that since they clearly were too busy drawing hearts around Favre's old mug. I don't expect love from TV's leader in airings of SportCenter but they could get some of the easy stuff right.

Oh and I hope ESPN doesn't claim that the Astrodome is demolished as they did during the Vikings/Texans preseason game. They did it while looking at a shot of Reliant Stadium which is in spitting distance of the Astrodome.

262213636_a618a509c2.jpg

I can forgive that since they clearly were too busy drawing hearts around Favre's old mug. I don't expect love from TV's leader in airings of SportCenter but they could get some of the easy stuff right.

wheres the Astrodome again? LOL

Reliant is one of my favorite stadiums. regardless of uniforms, i always enjoy watching a game at that place. never been in person, but its still great on TV

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

My only qualm about the Texans' getup tonight is that so many people clamored for the Texans to do exactly what they're doing tonight that many probably didn't even realize how much like the Falcons they now look. That was the first thing I picked up on.

I still would like to see the red/red paired with navy socks, if the Texans insist on making Battle Red Night an annual thing. The navy helmet and navy socks would balance out.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On top of that, the Titans are wearing Oiler throwbacks in Houston :lol: Should make for an akward game...lol...

Seriously? This should lead to some awkwardness in the stands between the diehards who still support the Oilers/Titans (i.e. "traitors") and the Texans fans who want the Oilers/Titans & Bud Adams to DIAF. Bud is definitely trying to give Houston the middle finger.

my head hurts .....

glossysig5.png

My only qualm about the Texans' getup tonight is that so many people clamored for the Texans to do exactly what they're doing tonight that many probably didn't even realize how much like the Falcons they now look. That was the first thing I picked up on.

I still would like to see the red/red paired with navy socks, if the Texans insist on making Battle Red Night an annual thing. The navy helmet and navy socks would balance out.

That's something that white helmets should be able to fix. ^_^

RE: socks

Apparently, the players hated wearing them so the only time we see them is with the red pants and jersey. I'm all for the craziness of Battle Red Day, but blue pants would go a long way to making this look work.

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but we've heard this sorta thing before (with Cincinnati, Washington, etc.), and if so it just proves what I've always said;

They need to stop asking the players for their opinions about the uniforms. Obviously, athletic ability and a good sense of design have NOTHING in common.

My only qualm about the Texans' getup tonight is that so many people clamored for the Texans to do exactly what they're doing tonight that many probably didn't even realize how much like the Falcons they now look. That was the first thing I picked up on...

6s9y4at8olwt3mh3qd1gffsvc.gifp8wg88kw6n6fsx66ci6qo57z8.gif

Very true indeed.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Does anyone else think that sleeve logos are awful looking? Unless of course they are big enough, like Seattle pre 2002 and I think New Orleans' current uniforms. Those sleeve logos on the Titans' jerseys are just a tad bigger than the RBK logo.

Archived