NBA System of Dress

MDC

Inspired by the other Nike-related threads, i took my hand at what the NBA might look like if Nike went all SOD on them. I cant promise that I will get through every team, but I will put in work when I can. That being said, here is my first team, the Minnesota Timberwolves.

#1....Minnesota Timberwolves

The timberwolves have a strong, recognizable identity, which is very important. unfortunately, they have been known mostly for losing, and the start they are having this year is no different. I used the scripts and alternate logo from what they currently have, and also went with a "swooshing" design inspired, and hopefully improving on what they are wearing. Also, I used the Baltimore Ravens number font, which works surprisingly well with the Twolves identity. I brought back the emphasis on the wildlife and pine trees, and tried to blend it with the modern striping. here it is....

timberwolvesSystemofDress.png

Please let me know what you think, give me some good ol C&C

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

First things first it needs a little green. Also, I would put a thin outline on the swooshes on the jerseys, and change the swoosh color on the home to blue. You could then use a green outline, I think it would look sharp. Also, the tree on the shorts looks like the type of tree a little kid would draw. Make the trees a bit more real looking like the trees on their current set. Overall, it looks pretty cool though.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

i like the absence of green. Many of the TWolves secondary logos do not have any green at all and there really is too much green for me in the Wolves current jerseys. Im not saying a little green wouldnt hurt, but they dont need green. I like these. Much more simplified than the current jerseys yet flashy and modern

i like the absence of green. Many of the TWolves secondary logos do not have any green at all and there really is too much green for me in the Wolves current jerseys. Im not saying a little green wouldnt hurt, but they dont need green. I like these. Much more simplified than the current jerseys yet flashy and modern

Right, i forgot to mention that I dropped green on purpose. They dont use it enough to warrant having at as a color, and I feel that its only around for color in their primary logo, which most people believe is inferior to their secondary, which of course I used as the primary. So that is my rationale, sorry for the confusion.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Right, i forgot to mention that I dropped green on purpose. They dont use it enough to warrant having at as a color, and I feel that its only around for color in their primary logo, which most people believe is inferior to their secondary, which of course I used as the primary. So that is my rationale, sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, but you'll also find that most people (around here) felt that they needed MORE green, and the absence of the color in those other marks were what was wrong rather than the use of it on the uniforms and minimally on the logos.

I feel like dropping green is going in the wrong direction. Without it, they just start to look like the Mavs and Magic.

Uniforms aren't bad, I like the swooshy silver thing, but the partially hidden tree is random and really breaks up the flow. Find a better way to integrate it, or just drop it.

I think a team called the Timberwolves needs some green personally. I'd agree that other than that these are pretty good.

(obviously a Timberwolf isn't green but if your name is going to reflect woodland so obviously then it need even just a touch of green in there!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

You want green? YOU GOT GREEN!!!!

heres my update, i changed the swooshy things on the home to blue, and added green highlights to them on both jerseys. lemme know what you think, and you can request another team if you would like.

TwolvesSOD2.png

Also, my bandwitch on photobucket account is nearing the limit. any tips as to how to reduce it?

sigpurp.png

#2........NEW JERSEY NETS

Not much to say here, check out the sublimated net pattern on the back of the jerseys, i thought that would work with new jersey. Other than that, feast your eyes:

EDIT: damn, the net pattern got really faded on the home jersey, it looked a lot better in inkscape, sorry.

NetsSOD.png

sigpurp.png

• 1 month later...

Oh boy, its been a while. I had a bit of free time, so I put another one together.

#3.........Atlanta Hawks.

I was inspired by their current threads, and kinda revamped them and took them the extra step, i think it looks great. tell me what you think.

HawksSOD.png

sigpurp.png

the t-wolves "tree" logo just doesn't look right on those uniforms. In previous uniforms, the tree was always subtle or blended in with the rest of the uniform. i would just try to incorporate it into the flow of the uniform a little bit better so it isn't so "sore-thumb"-ish.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I like the Hawks set, it looks like it was well thought out. The Nets, I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with. I love the net pattern on the back, but hate that the front numbers look too big. Also I sorta understand why that bit of white's on the road jersey, but it looks out of place, what with no white on the rest of the jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

BUUUUUUUMP.

anyone got anything else to say on the hawks? any teams to suggest, I should have enough time this week to get a team or 2 done

sigpurp.png

Archived