New Chicago Blackhawks Alternates!

BupsJones

looks good, i will miss the black alt from the last era, but this is still quality stuff. Yes sir, I do like it!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I feel like the tan and red on the shoulder logos should be switched. Either that, or there needs to be another color in there somehow. It just doesn't look right - but maybe that's simply because I'm so used to seeing the bright yellow "C".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's not two words, it's just the poor kerning that comes with writing "Blackhawks" in a circle. "So fix the kerning, stupid." True, but

Well they shouldn't even bother with this in the first place, to be honest.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Is it just me, or is the logo on their new alternate much paler than the logo on their Winter Classic jerseys? I think I liked the more colourful logo better.

The Blackhawks are known for their colourful "Chief Blackhawk". Why mess with such a good thing?

thecatch.jpg

Well I will miss the old black alternates, those were some of my favourite 'Hawks sweaters to be honest. These Winter Classic throwback-inspired alternates are alright as well. My only problem is the old style Native head. If they're going to tweak the original sweater design to bring it more into line with the current set by putting the C/tomahawks on the shoulders then they could at least use the current logo in the crest. Something like this.

It's not two words, it's just the poor kerning that comes with writing "Blackhawks" in a circle. "So fix the kerning, stupid." True, but

They were the 'Black Hawks' for a majority of their existence, so I'm inclined to believe it is intentional.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

They were the 'Black Hawks' for a majority of their existence, so I'm inclined to believe it is intentional.

Isn't the story that they were always REALLY the Blackhawks, but they always went by the Black Hawks until finding out what the actual name was?

In any case, yeah, I think this isn't just a case of poor kerning but harkens back to when they were known by two words.

I also echo the thought that I'd prefer they use the current logos.

Isn't the story that they were always REALLY the Blackhawks, but they always went by the Black Hawks until finding out what the actual name was?

In any case, yeah, I think this isn't just a case of poor kerning but harkens back to when they were known by two words.

Ehhhh from what I remember it was always the 'Black Hawks' although they were founded as the 'Blackhawks'.

It has been too long since I last read 'Tales of the Original 6'...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ehhhh from what I remember it was always the 'Black Hawks' although they were founded as the 'Blackhawks'.

It has been too long since I last read 'Tales of the Original 6'...

The story I'd always heard was that they were founded as the Blackhawks but (whether because of the gap on their crest or otherwise) were usually called the Black Hawks. In 1986 the team "discovered" that they were founded as the Blackhawks and standardized on that, while formally accepting the space as part of their name prior to that year.

The result being that, regardless of how the name was intended to be spelled originally, the team was the Black Hawks from 1926 to 1986 and has been the Blackhawks since.

Is it just me, or is the logo on their new alternate much paler than the logo on their Winter Classic jerseys? I think I liked the more colourful logo better.

The Blackhawks are known for their colourful "Chief Blackhawk". Why mess with such a good thing?

On the authentics, the face is fairly pale. On many of the knock-off's, he has a very dark yellow tint. The authentics also have the logo sewn onto felt, whereas the knock-off's have the entire crest made out of that awful shiney material that they also use on the numbers.

If I had been in charge on this one, I'd probably have liked to see just the indian head. I think the '67 version would have been a nice fit. Since the team decided to use this one though, I would have liked for them to have made the crest larger, extending from the top of the top red stripe to the bottom of the bottom red stripe; if not just a tad further. That would make it the same size as the numbers.

The story I'd always heard was that they were founded as the Blackhawks but (whether because of the gap on their crest or otherwise) were usually called the Black Hawks. In 1986 the team "discovered" that they were founded as the Blackhawks and standardized on that, while formally accepting the space as part of their name prior to that year.

The result being that, regardless of how the name was intended to be spelled originally, the team was the Black Hawks from 1926 to 1986 and has been the Blackhawks since.

Growing up in the 70s everyone, the papers included, just called them the Hawks, just as they do now, so that may have something to do with the confusion between Blackhawks and Black Hawks.

I believe the military outfit they're named after was a Blackhawk regiment, one word.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived