Tiger Woods drives one into the trees

Jigga

Are we actually going to have a post of the year competition? I think we should.

For real, how in the world could that actually happen? Do you have to set up a committee to rummage through all the posts and nominate their favorites? Would this panel (or another) select the top choice? Would it be a public vote? Sounds like a whole lot of work to me.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People here make dinky little gifs for displaying the logos and colors of their favorite teams. Surely we can mine the board for funny posts. Get some real movers and shakers of the board, like the modz, and they can pick out the best posts from their memories or other people's recommendations, which could all be put to a public vote. If you thought a post was really good, you can probably track it down relatively easy with a well-placed keyword or two.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Are we actually going to have a post of the year competition? I think we should.

Ok. You have your two nominees. Which one do you like better?

Should anyone actually feel like doing the boatload of work necessary to try this (and I seriously doubt anyone will) this is how I arrived at nominating Eye and Jigga...

1. The post has to be funny and relevant and everyone should immediately understand why it is funny and relevant.

2. The post has to reference something that is considered an "all-timer" around here. For example...My nomination of Jigga's post is because it refers to when Tank was threatening to kill himself. Eye references the infamous "today we are all Cardinals" post. Two all-time classics. The post scores huge points if it is aimed at the person who actually wrote the original post that the new one is referencing. My nominees deliver on both counts.

3. The post needs to be a short one that covers rules one and two.

Eye hit it out of the park for sure but...

I vote Jigga because the irony of Tank's post and then Jigga's response to it was just an all-time classic. No way anyone is beating that.

BB52Big.jpg

I think the "I am a Cardinal" meme is far more harmless than the "I'm going to kill myself because my team is bad and my Internet buddies mock me" meme. And I think the "We are all Tigers" was the perfect rejoinder. Please count me as a vote for that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the "I am a Cardinal" meme is far more harmless than the "I'm going to kill myself because my team is bad and my Internet buddies mock me" meme. And I think the "We are all Tigers" was the perfect rejoinder. Please count me as a vote for that.

That's because, unlike me, you have a conscience my friend. Comedy is a ruthless bitch. Funny is funny and Jigga drilled it deep and gone with the bases loaded. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Ok. You have your two nominees. Which one do you like better?

Should anyone actually feel like doing the boatload of work necessary to try this (and I seriously doubt anyone will) this is how I arrived at nominating Eye and Jigga...

1. The post has to be funny and relevant and everyone should immediately understand why it is funny and relevant.

2. The post has to reference something that is considered an "all-timer" around here. For example...My nomination of Jigga's post is because it refers to when Tank was threatening to kill himself. Eye references the infamous "today we are all Cardinals" post. Two all-time classics. The post scores huge points if it is aimed at the person who actually wrote the original post that the new one is referencing. My nominees deliver on both counts.

3. The post needs to be a short one that covers rules one and two.

Eye hit it out of the park for sure but...

I vote Jigga because the irony of Tank's post and then Jigga's response to it was just an all-time classic. No way anyone is beating that.

Good. It will save us the effort of putting some Monica/Nick reference....

I saw, I came, I left.

I just want to note, for the record, that there was never actually a "We are all Cardinals" post.

Now, carry on with your fun.

No, there wasn't a specific "We are all Cardinals" post, but this is how it started and it just evolved from there to the "We are all Cardinals" that we, non-Cardinals, have grown to love.

I saw, I came, I left.

I just want to note, for the record, that there was never actually a "We are all Cardinals" post.

No, there wasn't a specific "We are all Cardinals" post, but this is how it started and it just evolved from there to the "We are all Cardinals" that we, non-Cardinals, have grown to love.

Um, there is no such thing. What do you think we are all Cardinals means?

Justin, there may not have actually been a We are all Cardinals" post, but IIRC, that line certainly appeared in your signature at some point.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just to settle it once and for all...

I take baseball so seriously. More than just a game. I feel like I'm party of the whole Cardinals and lost one of my own even if I've never met him.

That's a little disturbing. I'm glad you're sympathetic to the loss of human life. I am too. But I also hope you find some perspective regarding proper distance between fans and athletes/teams.

Please don't be disturbed or worried about me. There's a lot of people who will tell me that it's "just a game."

And that's fine.

But I don't have to subscribe.

It's something that brings me closer to my family. Something that brings me closer to my friends. Something that brings me closer to complete strangers. And yes, closer to athlete's I've never met.

Your idea of proper distance is meaningless to me.

We're St. Louisans, we're Cardinals, and now we've lost one of them. And I'm mourning.

Rest in peace Josh Hancock.

We're St. Louisans, we're Cardinals, and now we've lost one of them. And I'm mourning.

You are not a Cardinal. You're a Cardinal fan.

No sir.

I am a Cardinal.

But I won't partake in this discussion here anymore.

:censored: it. That's close enough for me. :D

And I'm with Jigga. I believe the actual phrase "Today we are all Cardinals" or something to that effect did appear in a sig. If memory serves, I think it was taken from an article written about Josh Hancock.

BB52Big.jpg

All I know is that I never used the phrase "we are all Cardinals". I quoted the following passage from a book in my signature for some time as a means to make my case that I was far from alone in my view.

"Family" is a relative term. That is true, of course, in the literal sense. Webster's primary definition of the word is "a fundamental social group in society consisting especially of a man and woman and their offspring."

The added definitions include "a group of people sharing common ancestry" and "distinguished lineage."

These definitions all prove what many people have believed for a long time. The St. Louis Cardinals, and every player who has ever worn the birds on the bat uniform, or every person who ever worked for the team in any capacity, or any person who ever bought a T-shirt or a hat, or attended a game at Sportsman's Park or Busch Stadium, or who watched a game on television or listened to Jack Buck, Harry Caray or any of the other announcers on KMOX and the Cardinals radio network, are part of the Cardinal Family.

But the "we are all Cardinals" thing was just something you guys made up from it and ran with. Which is fine. I just thought I'd clear up the fact that I never actually said it.

Um, there is no such thing. What do you think we are all Cardinals means?

Justin, there may not have actually been a We are all Cardinals" post, but IIRC, that line certainly appeared in your signature at some point.

In this thread, we're all tigers.

I saw, I came, I left.

So, how about that golfer who was cheating on his wife?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

So, how about that golfer who was cheating on his wife?

Shouldn't the thread title be changed (again) into "Tiger Woods drives one into everything with hooters" or some variant thereof?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived