Tiger Woods drives one into the trees

Jigga

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was rooting against Tiger. Not because of his recent transgressions, but because I am a Phil fan. Also, I'm a big Jack Nicklaus fan and I don't want Tiger to take his major record. So, I'm glad Tiger didn't win.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I play golf left handed. You can probably guess who I wanted to win. Not that it matters but, I was rooting against Tiger because of his recent transgressions. Sorry but you don't get to :censored: up the lives of a whole bunch of people and then go win The Masters. Karmic justice prevailed today.

BB52Big.jpg

When it comes to Phil vs Tiger its no contest, you have to root for Phil.

Phil Mickelson is one of the ultimate good guys, even before the Tiger's personal life became exposed he was kind of surly and distant to fans on the course. While even after choking and making bad shots, Phil Mickelson's demeanor never changes he is the same smiling guy who handles it with class.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It sounded from the galleries at the Masters as they would have been pleased with a Tiger win. I thought it was interesting that Tigers game seemed to get worse as the 4 days went on!

Mikkelsen played a blinder from the 12th onwards. I thought getting a birdie on that hole is what really set the run on the back 9 up! He does seem like a really decent guy, who has been through a lot in the last year that wasn't self inflicted. A well deserved win for sure!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I get what you are saying and I am not saying that the sex scandals will never be referred to, but Clinton's historical legacy is unlikely, in my view, to rest on that. It might get some play because there isn't all that much else to it. JFK is a good example of what I mean here. Yes people still remember his philandering, but his serious historical legacy is built far more around the Cuba Missile Crisis, the Bay of Pigs, his inaugural address, etc etc. Tiger might well have his sex stuff as a large footnote in his story, but its his skills as a golfer that will define his career.

No, he really isn't. JFK's "dalliances" were kept quiet during his presidency. If the press knew about them they didn't write about them. JFK's transgressions weren't part of an impeachment and at no point during his presidency did his flings dominate the news every day. Other than the fact that they were both Democrats, there is no comparison to be made between Kennedy and Clinton in this particular context.

BB52Big.jpg

I get what you are saying and I am not saying that the sex scandals will never be referred to, but Clinton's historical legacy is unlikely, in my view, to rest on that. It might get some play because there isn't all that much else to it. JFK is a good example of what I mean here. Yes people still remember his philandering, but his serious historical legacy is built far more around the Cuba Missile Crisis, the Bay of Pigs, his inaugural address, etc etc. Tiger might well have his sex stuff as a large footnote in his story, but its his skills as a golfer that will define his career.

No, he really isn't. JFK's "dalliances" were kept quiet during his presidency. If the press knew about them they didn't write about them. JFK's transgressions weren't part of an impeachment and at no point during his presidency did his flings dominate the news every day. Other than the fact that they were both Democrats, there is no comparison to be made between Kennedy and Clinton in this particular context.

I was comparing JFK and Woods, rather than JFK and Clinton.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Whatever. The argument remains the same. Replace Clinton with Tiger Woods, impeachment with 24 hour news cycle, and Democrats with whatever apples and oranges similarity JFK has with Tiger.

BB52Big.jpg

You can't compare JFK and Woods. The eras are so vastly different. I thought you had conceded that point already.

EDIT: or what 'Red said. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So, for all the proclamations and prepared statements of "The New Tiger", post-Masters, he still came off as a petulant, moody little :censored: who can't reconcile with the idea of being the ultimate winner at everything, didn't he?

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Tiger spent Sunday night robotically plowing some piece of strange.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't think she's leaving Tiger just because he shot a stupid shoe commercial....

6uXNWAo.png

No but he was trying to work things out with her and it says she was so angry that she is now closing that door.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No but he was trying to work things out with her and it says she was so angry that she is now closing that door.

Again, I don't think resurrecting Earl Woods' voice for a Nike ad is the reason she's decided to put ink to paper.

6uXNWAo.png

Again, I don't think resurrecting Earl Woods' voice for a Nike ad is the reason she's decided to put ink to paper.

Exactly. It wasn't like she was thinking "You know I was just about over the parade of skanks he was with but then I saw that damned weird-ass commercial..."

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah!

Why should she be bent out of shape that he's trying to make money off the scandal he created? It's not like he promised to put his family before his career and his marketing interests for a little while. Doesn't she have any priorities?

Women. Just can't figure them out. :rolleyes:

While Tiger has a very tenuous relationship with Peter Kostis for years, his interview after his Sunday round was telling since he only talked golf, always answered with, "I", and never mentioned family.

CBS Interview following Sunday's Round

We can debate Phil vs. Tiger later, but Tiger is still ultra competitive while Phil tells us it is OK if he plays his best, but finishes does not finish first.

Archived