Tiger Woods drives one into the trees

Jigga

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car wreck in Florida, authorities said Friday.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods hit a fire hydrant and a tree as he pulled out of his driveway early Friday in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious.

The highway patrol says the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a little more info here.

Among the nuggets:

[Woods] struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said. No other information about his condition has been released.

FHP said the airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

the espn.com article has been updated to say that his airbags did not deploy because the vehicle was probably traveling under 33 miles per house, which I fugred since he was backing out of his house. I'm wondering what could have happened, could the tree have fallen on his SUV, or could it have flipped?

I have a feeling there was a domestic dispute that reporters kind of failed on covering up. Let's take a look at the details shall we??

- Woods crashed at 2 in the morning

- They say it was not alcohol induced, and he was traveling less than 33 mph.

- They say charges are pending?? charges on what??

...I wonder if the wifey didnt hurt him... where else would he have been going at 2 in the morning...obviously in a rage since he was not drunk

Just heard about this on the Michael Baisden show not too long ago...from the time I heard the initial report up until the time of this posting, all these details have come out (couldn't have been but about a 20- or 25-minute difference).

Hope it's nothing serious...and oh by the way, one does not have to be traveling that fast to have serious injuries in a car crash. Fifteen mph is really about all it takes (I should know). Hope Tiger pulls through okay--and, as was mentioned above, the untold others out there who've suffered a similar predicament.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

ESPN has reported that he suffered Minor Injuries.. much better than the original report of "Seriously Injured."

"Tiger Woods has been released from the hospital after being treated forwhat were described as minor injuries suffered in a car accidentoutside his Florida home early Friday."

- ESPN.com Front Page

Archived