New Fantasy Logo Collaboration...

fiasco!

between paynomind and myself, we came up with this logo for amare32.....please let me know what you think of it.....i know there are still some things that need to be tweaked, but here goes:

coronas2.gif

and the hats...

coronasHAT2.gif

coronasHAT.gif

critique away!

Excellent work you two! I really like the idea of this! I'm not sure if I am sold on the colors but I am sure they might grow on me. Just a question, what does a white baseball look like behind the word Coronas?

i tried a white ball and didn't like it that much...i may post it anyway.

edit: here's the white ball version

coronas2a.gif

The "Phoenix" and "AC" font is very difficult to read from any distance... otherwise doesn't look bad at all.

I actually don't mind the colours... they look fun, for lack of a better explanation.

Good work guys!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

My favorite is still the C in the sun, like on the hats.

Maybe we can move the wordmark to the right, off-centered, so as the C is centered in the ball.

I like this logo... Amare will be lookin pretty good

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Isn't a corona the ring effect that goes around the sun?

To me, these don't say "corona" to me as much as they "sun."

I'd like to see a stylized ring around the sun (kinda like the Star Brand (if I can reference a comic book from the mid 80's (which nobody remembers (or even read (besides me))))).

I wanted to see it off-set, and hrivnak is right, we didn't have an actual Corona pictured. Drank? Yes, we had a few of the drank, but non pictured in the logo.. so here is my latest version...

coronas4.gif

Comments? Suggestions?

As vic always says, don't lurk!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Here's what I came up with. If you are dead set on the colors of course. coronas2a.gif

I hope you like it. I kind of washed out the beige color. That way it is a little more Padre-esque. Also I made the inside stitches blue and skipped out on the hard to read Phoenix.

I think the colors are way too faded out, for some reason I think a corona can be seen by blocking out the sun, right?, seen during an eclipse?

Anyway, I guess I need to get out more, the first thing I really thought of was Janet Jackson's nipple shield. Damn pop culture rots your brain I tell you.

i'd try to add some black or navy blue outlines around there somewhere....

right now there's no real contrast, which is why it looks washed out.

nice idea though. i like it. but it could use a nice deep dark seperator color.

A few folks have made a reference to the Beer named Corona. Is this the inspiration behind the name? If so, you've traveled down the wrong track. The word Corona as used by the Modelo Beer company means "Crown". Now before anyone jumps all over me... the word corona in spanish can also mean "ring" and of course is used to describe the outer most area of the sun but this is not the inspiration behind the naming of the beer. Modelo does sell a beer named after the sun it's called Sol (also very tasty I might add).

Having said this, I definitely like the logo but not a real big fan of the color scheme. There is room for Powder Blue in a logo and room for "old gold" but together they just seem washed out. I also prefer the one with the "C" in Coronas centered in the ball.

A few folks have made a reference to the Beer named Corona. Is this the inspiration behind the name? If so, you've traveled down the wrong track. The word Corona as used by the Modelo Beer company means "Crown". Now before anyone jumps all over me... the word corona in spanish can also mean "ring" and of course is used to describe the outer most area of the sun but this is not the inspiration behind the naming of the beer. Modelo does sell a beer named after the sun it's called Sol (also very tasty I might add).

Having said this, I definitely like the logo but not a real big fan of the color scheme. There is room for Powder Blue in a logo and room for "old gold" but together they just seem washed out. I also prefer the one with the "C" in Coronas centered in the ball.

The evolution of the design was discussed in This Thread

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived