Fury Basketball

jaha32

As I continue my little series of basketball logos, here is another. I actually made the majority of this logo over a year ago, but just recently updated it to be more complete and unified as a whole. Once I had most of the logo done, I still needed a name to insert in that area and went with Fury. I thought of Stags just like the old NBA team, back in the 1950s I believe, but for some reason wasn't feeling that name. I know a lot of people dont like non-plural words like Fury, or Magic, or Crush, and I used to agree with that mindset, but over time I dont mind them as much, as long as they are the minority and not the majority. The name Fury has grown on me and I think it works here. I dont have a city chosen yet, but likely some place that has at least some deer. Maybe Winnipeg, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville, or someplace else. I have been done with this for so long I dont plan on making any drastic changes just because Ive been in the mindset that this logo is finished for a year and once Im in that mindset I have a difficult time going back, but maybe some changes if theyre needed.

fury.gif

this is sweet. I would go with Winnipeg as the city. If you sound it out, it sounds unique with the name fury. If you come out with a few more basketball logo's, you should come out with the full fledged concept and include uniforms. Nice job overall and keep it up!

THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW ME WILL BEGIN TO UNDERSTANDV3NOMsig-1.png

RedSox2-1.pngCeltics-1.pngPatriots2.png

Thanks V3NOM. Winnipeg was on the top of my list too, just dont know if it's much of a basketball town, but it doesnt really matter since this is all fictional. I actually sat down the other day to make some uniforms and I really was having a hard time. I just have no creative juices when it comes to jerseys. I just downloaded one of those court templates now so I will work on some court designs very soon. I enjoy doing those. I want to make complete sets of logos, courts, and eventually jerseys, but jerseys will probably be last on my to-do list. Thanks again

Winnipeg was on the top of my list too, just dont know if it's much of a basketball town,

Winnipeg used to have the "Winnipeg Cyclone" of the International Basketball Association from 1995-2001. The team did not enjoy much popularity at all and played in front of sparse crowds.

Winnipeg is Hockey #1, Football #2, Baseball #3/4, Curling #3/4, Maybe Basketball #5 ... ?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

This looks great, Jaha. The only real issue here is the detail in the face. The red doesn't really show up well against the black, and I think some of the details are a bit too fine. I think if you simplify the detail, you've got something really good here. Good stuff.

Very nice stuff. The colors are great, and the stag is superbly rendered. He's a bit busy, but that's perfectly acceptable, given the team name and the way that the whole package is presented. The type is also a good choice and works well. I only wish that the stag's head could be a bit bigger with respect to the ball and the type, but that would probably be hard to pull off given the shape of the curve on the bottom of his neck (you'd have to rework that entire bottom section).

All in all, this is very good.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I have to say this is an awesome logo, but on the whole the logo I feel like I am looking more at the wordmark then the whole logo because of the accents. Maybe try changing it to black and seeing how it would work.

Your logo reminds me of the Pistons logo.

By 'accents' what do you mean? Sorry I am just not good with design terms. Is that the same as italicized or slanted. I can give it a shot if I know. I tried black words before and it was just to much black I felt and not enough burnt red or whatever that color is called.

I have to say this is an awesome logo, but on the whole the logo I feel like I am looking more at the wordmark then the whole logo because of the accents. Maybe try changing it to black and seeing how it would work.

Your logo reminds me of the Pistons logo.

By 'accents' what do you mean? Sorry I am just not good with design terms. Is that the same as italicized or slanted. I can give it a shot if I know. I tried black words before and it was just to much black I felt and not enough burnt red or whatever that color is called.

The yellow marks on the wordmark are what I am talking about

I AM SCORE!

It's a nice logo, but what exactly does a stag have to do with "Fury"?

That's not a very relevant comment. I don't see any reason why they couldn't be associated with each other, being that fury itself is an intangible sort of item.

Anyway, I like the motion you have going throughout most of this logo, up through the neck, but that great motion stops in the face where you have a cluster of awkward, static shapes that really are too complex and too ill-defined to do the job they need to do in this logo. A good study of the major facial structure of the animal could probably solve the problem, but understand that the results of that study most likely will have to be molded and altered to better fit the characteristics of the drawing's other line work, which are mostly long, smooth lines that vary and taper in their weight as opposed to those short, jagged lines that seem to have random spurs sticking out any which way. The most problematic is the one that surrounds the eye and attempts to form the snout. I think the one that defines the nose itself would be unnecessary if you were to handle the other correctly. The nose could be better defined using only black negative space against the red highlight.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I made some changes. Mostly based on Andrew H's feedback. But first of all, Lights Out, what does Rampage have to do with a rhino? and we could go on but I will leave it at that.

Andrew, I see your point about having shapes that were too defined in the face to match the motion that the rest of the logo had, particularily the neck. I redid it, and dont know if its there yet, but I tried to fix the nose and eye areas. I understand that it may not ever be up to your standards but would like to get it close.

fury-1.gif

Definitely better, a lot better. that highlight going down the snout was the one I thought was missing. The strange one, though, is the highlight under the eye. The eye sockets are normally in a bit more shadow than the eyebrows, which would be a more natural place for a highlight. Might even want to think about connecting an eyebrow highlight to the snout highlight and see how that looks.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived