Expansion or Realignment

dfwabel

I really do not care about what these articles found, but I wanted to share with those who have little ability to leave this site for sport news.

Portfolio.com, which is owned by the company which publishes "(Your City Here) Business Journal", talked about which ctities are due for expansion or relocation based mostly on economic issues, namely income. Since I know that most previous topics like this are just started on rumo(u)rs and lack of financing, I have decided to keep it the same and not give any personal opinion into who deserves what, since I really do not care.

Economically best for Expansion

Cities in Terms of Market Capacity

Interactive Breakdown by Sport

These graphs do not take into consideration the money spent on major NCAA sports, as San Jose, CA takes into consideration the Sharks, but all new cities do not use NCAA revenue as a "major sport"

I really do not care about what these articles found, but I wanted to share with those who have little ability to leave this site for sport news.

Portfolio.com, which is owned by the company which publishes "(Your City Here) Business Journal", talked about which ctities are due for expansion or relocation based mostly on economic issues, namely income. Since I know that most previous topics like this are just started on rumo(u)rs and lack of financing, I have decided to keep it the same and not give any personal opinion into who deserves what, since I really do not care.

over/under before we see the 'Stop. Reel. Line. Mints.' pic?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I did not know where to place it, but I thought that it should be placed since there are so amy "Winnipeg Jet Jerry's" or "Seattle Sonic Sauls's" who post here. At least journalist took a look at some of the real economic issues and tried to display them realistically. As I said before, I have no cities in this fight. If others here fail to look at outside sites and want to remain unintelligent, that is on them, not me.

I did not know where to place it, but I thought that it should be placed since there are so amy "Winnipeg Jet Jerry's" or "Seattle Sonic Sauls's" who post here. At least journalist took a look at some of the real economic issues and tried to display them realistically. As I said before, I have no cities in this fight. If others here fail to look at outside sites and want to remain unintelligent, that is on them, not me.

real economic issues? real journalism? facts? nah we don't do that here.

i find the Hamilton must have the yotes!!! Rar... far more amusing than real facts.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i find the Hamilton must have the yotes!!! Rar... far more amusing than real facts.

Well it appears that I poorly titled this, and the Tiger thread has had been redone, this can be redone.

I clicked the links, but the articles don't give actual lists. I'm not interested in reading stories - I need enumeration.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well it appears that I poorly titled this, and the Tiger thread has had been redone, this can be redone.

I think we'll let this one stand.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So Rochester has the capacity for an NFL team but Toronto doesn't?

STOP TRYING TO KILL THE CFL Actually if Toronto gets a team, it'll be the Bills, and they're easily as bad as the Argos, so all will be good.

Hey! Winnipeg can support an MLS franchise! I need to go register furyowner.com ay-sap!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I found those all very cold analysis of the situation, and in sport, cold analysis rarely if ever includes all factors. For instance the kind of analysis these articles show might have suggested that Tampa was a great location for a Football team. For instance these articles don't seem to consider history or how much of a culture for a particular sport a city has. I think Seattle is still a great location for an NBA team.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I always wanted to see Calgary get an Arena League team I've always wanted to see it in person or bring back AAA Baseball but the Mayor and his patsy's screwed that one up

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

STOP TRYING TO KILL THE CFL Actually if Toronto gets a team, it'll be the Bills, and they're easily as bad as the Argos, so all will be good.

Hey! Winnipeg can support an MLS franchise! I need to go register furyowner.com ay-sap!

Until the rest of Canada stops hating Toronto, I'll continue to not care if a Toronto NFL team would kill the rest of the CFL. :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I always wanted to see Calgary get an Arena League team I've always wanted to see it in person or bring back AAA Baseball but the Mayor and his patsy's screwed that one up

Should have saved some of the periods from your username for that post.

I agree with Saintsfan that these kinds of lists are a bit cold but they're a great contrast to the people who say "Sudbury loves hockey so they could have an NHL team." The reality is that the numbers do matter but there has to be a desire for the team, too. One without the other isn't going to work.

Winnipeg may be able to support an MLS team but are there people in Winnipeg who actually want one? On the opposite side of the coin, Sudbury may want an NHL team but could one actually survive there?

Find the overlap and those are the places that should get teams.

* I use Sudbury as an example because of a discussion on my site a couple months ago. Someone was insisting it would work. I still say not a chance.

Until the rest of Canada stops hating Toronto, I'll continue to not care if a Toronto NFL team would kill the rest of the CFL. :P

Ah the CFL where counting is hard especially if you are from Sasketechewan.

Sorry had to get in there again

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This study is ridiculous. The TPI figure that they use is just one of many things that need to be considered when determining the feasibility of placing a professional sports franchise in a certain market. Population size, average income, a solid corporate base, local desire for a team, government support, etc. All these are necessary for placing a team and sustaining them. To say a place like New Haven, CT can support a team based just on the total income in the area is ridiculous.

I put no faith in their findings at all.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Ah the CFL where counting is hard especially if you are from Sasketechewan.

Sorry had to get in there again

And apparently spelling's tricky if you're from New Jersey

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

There's also travel expenses and logistics to consider. The interactive map they linked to shows Honolulu, of all cities, as a prime candidate for all the sports except MLB (and IIRC they did briefly flirt with the NBA several years ago). But a Honolulu-based team would need quite a long plane flight just to get to their West Coast rivals, and vice versa. Home-and-home series on back-to-back nights (a common scheduling practice in the NHL) would be out of the question. A road trip to/from the East Coast would require an all-day flight, and with a five-hour time difference between the East Coast and Hawai'i, jet lag would actually become a serious concern for the visiting team. And forget about live game telecasts - prime time on the East Coast is mid-afternoon in Honolulu, and prime time in Honolulu is well after midnight on the East Coast.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived