Brooks Orpik

Brian Rafalski

Ryan Suter

Goaltenders (3)

Ryan Miller

Jonathan Quick

Tim Thomas

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Not a checking center to counter all the Russian/Canadian firepower, Im not happy about Drurys inclusion, i'd rather have Guerin if they wanted a veteran presence. Thats really my only complaints really. A little upset that Anderson didnt get named over Quick but I guess I can see why.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Not a checking center to counter all the Russian/Canadian firepower, Im not happy about Drurys inclusion, i'd rather have Guerin if they wanted a veteran presence. Thats really my only complaints really. A little upset that Anderson didnt get named over Quick but I guess I can see why.

Can't tell exactly what you're saying you want, but if you're asking for a checking type center, I'd say David Backes fits the bill.

Can't tell exactly what you're saying you want, but if you're asking for a checking type center, I'd say David Backes fits the bill.

I thought Backes was a winger, thats what it says on his profile on the Blues website. Im really looking for a guy like Paul Gaustad, who is the best faceoff guy in the NHL.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

I thought Backes was a winger, thats what it says on his profile on the Blues website. Im really looking for a guy like Paul Gaustad, who is the best faceoff guy in the NHL.

Ah. Well he plays a fair share of center as well. I think of him primarily as a center for the Blues, I think it's what he usually plays. But we'll see where he goes on the US roster.

There are 4 legit centers on the team, Stastny, Kesler, Pavelski, and Drury. Thats a solid 4 but I know alot of Rangers fans that are extremely unhappy with Drurys performance this year. Callahan can also play center. Theres a good bit of young firepower with Parise, Ryan, and Kane. Theres alot of reasons to be optimistic looking at the roster. Alot of youth, speed, and grit.

Did they name the Captains and Assistants? If Not here's who I have.

Captain:

Jamie Langenbrunner

Assistants:

Dustin Brown

Chris Drury

Brian Rafalski

No, Burke said Wilson and his assistants are going to be charged with that task. In a perfect world Langenbrunner would be captain, but I see them picking Drury.

I was hoping the young Blake Wheeler would sneak into this roster, but I think he has a few more opportunities at future Olympics. I don't mind the Drury pick, though I think a utility forward like Rolston would have been a decent veteran pick.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Wow. I never knew Tim Thomas was that much bigger than the rest of the USA team... :P

Or that Jamie Langenbrunner changed his name to Lagenbrunner. Odd!

Someone to shut down the Russian firepower? :D That's a pretty funny statement. Why worry about what the Russians will do themselves. It's a team in turmoil that will implode as they usually do. I have no clue why people think that Russia is good. Do you realize that since the breakup of the Soviet Union that Russia is at best a team that will medal? The past four Olympics have Russia finishing 4th, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. That's good, but not something that scares me. Sure they have talent, but they always have some sort of dysfunction, and this year their dysfunction is the need to include a certain amount of KHL players on the team instead of just choosing the best team. Russia will always be this talented dysfunctional team.

Central and Western NY are starting to make a push into USA hockey. Kane and Orpik from Buffalo, Ryan Callahan from Rochester and Dustin Brown from Ithaca. Also, The Sabres Miller and ex Sabre Drury.

Good luck guys, Bring home the gold!!!

saBS.png

Archived