Redskins Tucked Feathers Logo

Cujo

1983n.jpg

my question is, why is that sock shiny?

I don't think it's shiny, i think that's a rip in the sock.

IIRC, some players used plastic wrap around bands to keep the socks in place. At least they did in the early 80s.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

1983n.jpg

my question is, why is that sock shiny?

I don't think it's shiny, i think that's a rip in the sock.

IIRC, some players used plastic wrap around bands to keep the socks in place. At least they did in the early 80s.

Seems like I read somewhere that the tucked feather logo was just an experiment for that season. The equipment mgr said the tucked version of the logo applied better to the sides of the helmets rather that the untucked version.

Maybe they felt the other logo was just too classic to alter, however minor the alterations might have been.

Up to 1982 they had only worn that logo for 10 years. Hardly classic at that point in time.

iq5b7nF.png

The tucked feathers improve the logo, but it's still not that good. Take the Blackhawks' logo and replace the details with extraneous "stuff." Basically what it is to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some players had the other logo, didn't they?

I thought I remember noticing that during that season. I remember my dad looking at me like "what the hell are you talking about?"

Joe Washington used the regular logo that year; he wore a Kelley clear shell with the stripes/logos applied on the inside of the shell. Back then they wore their helmets for more years than they do now; Joe W. was wearing the same helmet he wore the year before with the older logo. Lots of good info on Helmethut:

http://www.helmethut.com/Redskins/JoeWashington.html

Some players had the other logo, didn't they?

I thought I remember noticing that during that season. I remember my dad looking at me like "what the hell are you talking about?"

Joe Washington used the regular logo that year; he wore a Kelley clear shell with the stripes/logos applied on the inside of the shell. Back then they wore their helmets for more years than they do now; Joe W. was wearing the same helmet he wore the year before with the older logo. Lots of good info on Helmethut:

http://www.helmethut.com/Redskins/JoeWashington.html

Cool link. Thanks.

Looks like the change had to do with the application of the sticker afterall. I just thought it was due to some one trying something new for a year and not liking it.

I have to admit that it just looks weird to me. I know its not a huge difference, but I like the untucked feather about a million times better.

The tucked feathers improve the logo, but it's still not that good. Take the Blackhawks' logo and replace the details with extraneous "stuff." Basically what it is to me.

I've never been a fan of the logo, tucked or straight. I've never understood why feathers are attatched to the circle, as there's already a set of feathers on the Redskin's head. Feather overkill!

6uXNWAo.png

I've never been a fan of the logo, tucked or straight. I've never understood why feathers are attatched to the circle, as there's already a set of feathers on the Redskin's head. Feather overkill!

Agreed.

Archived