2010 College Baseball Thread

WatsonTiger

I know I'm not the only one who follows college baseball.

Season starts Friday, and your defending Champions are ranked #3 and start up at home vs. the all-powerful Centenary. The top 4 teams (Texas, LSU, CS-F, UVA) are stacked from top to bottom and that will probably be the Final 4 at the CWS.

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big series soon to open the season: top 4 UVA vs. top 15 ECU - my brother is a student manager for the Pirates and says this could be the best opening series of the season. Not that he's biased or anything.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Anyways, my dad and I were planning to head to Rosenblatt this year but it's just not happening... maybe we'll go to Omaha in 2011 when they open up the new park for the CWS... why are they exactly building 2 stadiums again?

Yes, come to Omaha! I can't garuntee the new park will be as good (atmosphere wise), but I imagine it will remain a good experience. Hopefully the last year at the Blatt is awesome.

#14 Arizona State(Baseball America) will have a down year, thanks to the departure of Pat Murphy. But they will still win the Pac-10 and make it to the World Series

yah , what was up with that anyway ? it came out of the blue and surprised me .

Pat thought ASU didn't spend enough for the baseball facility.

#14 Arizona State(Baseball America) will have a down year, thanks to the departure of Pat Murphy. But they will still win the Pac-10 and make it to the World Series

yah , what was up with that anyway ? it came out of the blue and surprised me .

Pat thought ASU didn't spend enough for the baseball facility.

Not even, Lisa Love who is our Athletic Director asked him to resign. Something is going to come out in the upcoming months that he paid the players(allegedly) and a good chance that the program could face the death penalty... So he resigned

Fresno%20State%20College%20World%20Series.jpeg

This.

2009381136.jpg

Best part of the sport.

Anyways, my dad and I were planning to head to Rosenblatt this year but it's just not happening... maybe we'll go to Omaha in 2011 when they open up the new park for the CWS... why are they exactly building 2 stadiums again?

1)To build a new zoo...

2)When you keep adding on to a stadium, it becomes cluttered

3)Field dimensions are unfavorable to the new bats (Gorilla Ball FTW)

4)They have the money

This.

2009381136.jpg

Best part of the sport.

1)To build a new zoo...

4)They have the money

1) Not a whole new one, just to add on to the current one.

5) NCAA basically said if there wasn't a new stadium the CWS would consider leaving Omaha.

Just as the Baseball America poll (the better one) still gets taken, remember and look at the boxscores from a few schools:

Costal Carolina

Dallas Baptist (A True Independent)

Oral Roberts (owns Summit League)

Fresno State no longer has the Johnny Quik Classic so some now they just host NEB this weekend. Also remember that California/Southern teams get a big home advantage. Fresno plays 35 home games to 22 road games (4 in Hawaii). SJSU plays like 31 games at home but 2 games in Santa Clara, and 2 in Moraga (St. Mary's). Northern teams get bosses around. Also good to see that TCU was in the top 15. Schlossnagle has done a good job with the help of the money problems of the Rangers signing local talent drafted out of HS.

This.

2009381136.jpg

Best part of the sport.

1)To build a new zoo...

4)They have the money

1) Not a whole new one, just to add on to the current one.

5) NCAA basically said if there wasn't a new stadium the CWS would consider leaving Omaha.

Completely understand #5 - wish you guys wouldn't have b/c Indy was a rumored site for it :P

6fQjS3M.png

bradshaw needs a lot of work if he wants 2 be a LR. 9 straight foul tips. SMH. he allows 3 runs, and a solo shot. Nola come through in the clutch, pops one off the wall (the wind caught EVERYTHING tonight.) for a stand-up triple, he comes across, that's all matty ice needs to close it up.

5-4 Good guys. What I expected.

Maybe this is the year we see a team win the College World Series with an unblemished record.

care to expound?

Please don't encourage him. I know you're new here, so let me give you this advice...never, and I do mean NEVER, engage a willmorris sports opinion. You'll save yourself (and the rest of us) a ton of facepalming. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

the Heels needed Extras to take down George Washington 6-5 in 10 last night...

Also, for anyone interested, the University has given Boshamer Field a complete makeover for this year, here are some of the galleries:

Finished Exterior: http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/view.gal?id=63730

Finished Concourse: http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/view.gal?id=63557

Maybe this is the year we see a team win the College World Series with an unblemished record.

care to expound?

Please don't encourage him. I know you're new here, so let me give you this advice...never, and I do mean NEVER, engage a willmorris sports opinion. You'll save yourself (and the rest of us) a ton of facepalming. :P

Agreed, you're just adding ammo to his arsenal

Archived