2010 College Baseball Thread

WatsonTiger

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree if LSU was the best team in the SEC this year. They aren't. Carolina is. Until Renauldo gets back at full strength, the Gamecocks have the edge.

I'd agree if LSU was the best team in the SEC this year. They aren't. Carolina is. Until Renauldo gets back at full strength, the Gamecocks have the edge.

Consider the source. AR(just call him that to avoid typos) is at full strength, but CPM only pitched him for 2 innings. It also doesn't help that he got lacked in the shin by a line drive. But who needs him when you have Lord Ott. OT, I didn't know your wrote for Tiger Tracks.

Anywho,

LSU 4

UGA 3

Iceman cometh with 2 RISP, strikes out the side, Iceman endeth. Game ova.

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

If you have not been told, you speak way too much in NCAA baseball personnel "code" or locally to help your sport grow. Name people completely before you give us initials so that the majority is not left to reading a Baseball America at Barnes and Noble prior to the MLB draft to know who elite players may be.

Sorry, to me, "The Iceman" is first George Gervin, then Chuck Lidell.

If you have not been told, you speak way too much in NCAA baseball personnel "code" or locally to help your sport grow. Name people completely before you give us initials so that the majority is not left to reading a Baseball America at Barnes and Noble prior to the MLB draft to know who elite players may be.

Sorry, to me, "The Iceman" is first George Gervin, then Chuck Lidell.

Matty Ott=Iceman

Anthony Ranaudo=AR

I don't mean to be a dick, but I'm fairly certain you're the only one that cares about LSU baseball, so...

On the board? proabably, but this isn't the "LSU 2010 Baseball" thread. There have been other responces to this thread too.

I don't mean to be a dick, but I'm fairly certain you're the only one that cares about LSU baseball, so...

On the board? proabably, but this isn't the "LSU 2010 Baseball" thread. There have been other responces to this thread too.

True, but it seems like when anyone tries to talk about other schools on the board it seems like it goes right back to LSU Baseball, it just seems like people are discouraged when 9 out of 10 posts are about LSU baseball.

On Topic(Reason why I try to segue from LSU to other Sports)

We have a new number 1

1. Arizona State

2. Georgia Tech

3. UCLA

4. Viriginia

5. Louisiana State

6. Texas

7. Florida State

8. Florida

9. Louisville

10. Arkansas

I'm just sayin' the game by game updates are probably a bit unnecessary since anyone who actually does care about LSU baseball, which I assure you no more than maybe one or two people do, can easily find this information elsewhere.

IUe6Hvh.png

The state of South Carolina has five teams good enough to host regionals, but only two, or at most three will.

Carolina, Clemson, Coastal, Citadel and who's the fifth?

At the time I wrote this, College of Charleston, but they've slumped a bit lately, although a spot in the tournament still is a good possibility.

I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm going to talk about a team that isn't LSU :rolleyes:

Living in Canada we don't get much college baseball at all. For somereason in my satellite package that has Sportsnet and TSN, we get the Big Ten Network. Good news for me, since I'm a big Michigan fan. They had the entire Michigan-Purdue Series this weekend. After losing the Friday game, the Wolverines came back to win 2 of 3. With the win Michigan is 19-11, and 4-2 in conference play, which is good for a tie for 2nd place in the conference.

As I said earlier I don't know much about College Baseball, but I know enough to know generally the more northern teams are weaker than those in the SEC, ACC and in the Southwest. But what I want to know is how the Big Ten stacks up to the rest of the country. Is the baseball I'm watching here comperable to that being played in the SEC?

1zqy8ok.gif

Attended my first college baseball game today. My cousin is a freshman on Ohio University's baseball team and he got the start at first base today. They're not having a good year, but they beat Western Michigan (who isn't having a good year either) 11-5 today, 25-3 last night, and 15-5 on Friday. 51 runs is not bad for a weekend.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This afternoon I attended, probably one of the most exciting baseball games I've been to a long time. Auburn beat #3 LSU to take the series. AU Tigers won the last two games. Sunday's game was a doozy as LSU jumped out to an early 3-0 lead. Auburn put our closer in during the 6th inning (yes you read that right) He came in with 2 on and 0 out and pitched clean frames in the 6,7,and 8th. Then gave up a solo HR to tie the game in the ninth before sitting down LSU.

Bottom on the 9th, lead off double for AU. A little nub single put runners at the corners with 0 out and Auburn called a suicide squeeze. Worked to perfection and the Orange and Blue picked up their first home series win against LSU since 1998.

This afternoon I attended, probably one of the most exciting baseball games I've been to a long time. Auburn beat #3 LSU to take the series. AU Tigers won the last two games. Sunday's game was a doozy as LSU jumped out to an early 3-0 lead. Auburn put our closer in during the 6th inning (yes you read that right) He came in with 2 on and 0 out and pitched clean frames in the 6,7,and 8th. Then gave up a solo HR to tie the game in the ninth before sitting down LSU.

Bottom on the 9th, lead off double for AU. A little nub single put runners at the corners with 0 out and Auburn called a suicide squeeze. Worked to perfection and the Orange and Blue picked up their first home series win against LSU since 1998.

That's how it should be. I hate this idea that closers should pitch only in the 8th and 9th innings. If they're your best reliever, which they typically are, put them in in those tough spots even if they're a little earlier in the game.

IUe6Hvh.png

Stat of the weekend in college baseball (maybe):

Appalachian State closer pitches two innings of shut out ball on Saturday afternoon - racking up 7 strike outs.

The Apps swept Davidson over the weekend and improved to 22-7-1. I know Davidson isn't very good this year, but I think Wes Hobson could be a solid pick for a team in the early teen rounds. He's hitting .397 and has some great patience at the plate, I've gone to at least ten games this season and he hasn't struck out once while I've been attendance.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm going to talk about a team that isn't LSU :rolleyes:

Living in Canada we don't get much college baseball at all. For somereason in my satellite package that has Sportsnet and TSN, we get the Big Ten Network. Good news for me, since I'm a big Michigan fan. They had the entire Michigan-Purdue Series this weekend. After losing the Friday game, the Wolverines came back to win 2 of 3. With the win Michigan is 19-11, and 4-2 in conference play, which is good for a tie for 2nd place in the conference.

As I said earlier I don't know much about College Baseball, but I know enough to know generally the more northern teams are weaker than those in the SEC, ACC and in the Southwest. But what I want to know is how the Big Ten stacks up to the rest of the country. Is the baseball I'm watching here comperable to that being played in the SEC?

its comparable becuase they are both college baseball , but other than that it really isnt . the big ten is much weaker than the SEC in baseball .

glossysig5.png

Archived